Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Vuong seminars, who has been, what are they about?

And l8he TV evangelists chronically needing 💰,guess what I do too, and nobody chooses to watch my videos even if I posted some!

Reminds me of the old Phil Collins classic

Which one, so many are so good. My son , the Tomkitten, likes his daughter Lily's song from a few years ago, the one with,a nasty language suggestion, spent good m9ney to download it on Google Play, had it also on I-Tunes until the day he decided to launder my I-phone, NEVER worked again!

To be honest, I didn't like old Dr V either. I felt he was condensending to obese people. He often said things like, "You think chicken is good for weight loss, but you don't know what is good for weightoss or you wouldn't be obese in the first place. I've never been obese, I don't have a weight problem, and so I am telling you..."

I have heard him say at least every other video, "well, I don't have a weight problem so listen to me!"

Great! I have a skinny friends who lives on small bags of Cheetos, fun sized Snickers, and full sugar energy drinks. Since "not having a weight problem" is an important credential should I eat like her???

My best friend who is around my goal weight lives on Dr Pepper. Should I eat like her?

This is interesting. I was leaning really hard toward his bypass until I watched his bypass vs sleeve video. I haven't watched more than 6 of his videos and have never seen any of the P2P videos.... I knew while watching bypass vs sleeve that he was leaving out a lot of key points, but at the end of the video, he said something to the effect of "the bypass positives don't offset the malabsorption issue" which really made me think. I'll discuss this with my Dr!

Of the bariatric surgeons that have active YouTube channels, Dr. V was/is my least favorite. He's no Dr. Matthew Weiner, that's for sure! A good deal of his advice seemed to be intentionally contrarian to the established advice offered by the vast majority of the surgical community. It seemed as if he was intentionally trying to differentiate himself as a surgeon and personality by being controversial. Nevertheless, at least it seemed like actual advice from a bariatric surgeon that just had a very different view for his practice. This new stuff with him acting promoting the sale HGH as if he was some snake oil sales rep is beyond the pale though. HGH is seriously dangerous stuff and should only be used for people that actually have deficient HGH levels. For people with normal HGH levels, the most recent studies show minimal benefits (some modest improvement in body composition. However, HGH is known to be jet fuel for cancer cells . I can't imagine any reputable doctor actively pushing HGH as some kind of miracle drug for weight loss in people that are not HGH deficient (relative to other people of their age and gender) until there is a crap ton more research. Next, he'll be recommending anabolic steroids to address weight regain.

I think people like him because he says not to exercise. ;)

8 hours ago, JessLess said:

I think people like him because he says not to exercise. ;)

I enjoyed watching his videos (when I was first was researching WLS) but then as I watched more he got more bizarre, when I realised he was or had been marketing HGH products that was a big turn off. I see now he is trying to recruit for another MLM scheme/product and I think he using his tours to recruit as well, he has a lot of loyal followers.

Dr. Vuong is filming a reality show about weight regain after WLS or something like that.

He’s on Instagram promoting it. I watched some of his early videos when researching WLS. His cursing really made me stop watching his videos and the fact that half of the things he recommends my doctors did not recommend. I do realize all doctors have different plans, but chose not to watch his videos based on that.

I did not like his attitude towards fat people. At one point he says “you think the healthiest thing is chicken breast, and you think you know that, but but you’re wrong. Look at your body. Now look at my body. I am not getting bariatric surgery. I have never had a weight problem. So listen to me not what you think you know, because which one of us looks like me know how to eat”

This made me soooo mad! And it’s not true that if you are skinny you wat right and if you are fat you don’t. (I don’t care about the chicken part)

I know a girl at work. She is soooo skinny I could almost put my hands around her waist. All I ever see her eat are donuts and Cookies and energy drinks and soda. I mean she is so skinny she makes you look fat, Dr. Vonung, so I suppose you think I should copy her and eat what she eats?

He's selling a multi-level market aka pyramid scheme now. I'm totally not into him. I assume he will try to add you to his downline at his seminars and try to get you to buy and become a seller for his sh*tty MLM products.