Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Hi Psyched! Many congratulations on reaching 200! This is an auspicious occasion - especially given some of your specific challenges... Wow! Divide and Conquer. So good to hear from you again. So very happy for you. ;]

49 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

It is challenging . I have gone back to my entire crazy life of traveling a lot and running around plus working out . I sometimes forget completely I have a sleeve . Like today , where I had a Protein Drink in am, did spinning , ran home to shower and change and run to city for meeting . A poached egg before I left for city and brought a Protein drink . Didn’t finish it all and since I am getting on a plane at 5, stopped at a deli for a scoop of tuna salad . Got in car and took a few bites - too big , too fast , while I was on a work call . That didn’t work and trying to do my call while driving and throwing up was a challenge . This is hard !!!

Hey Lola, how's it going? Sometimes we forget we have a sleeve and go back to past habits (maybe not food choice, but eating too fast!). Been there, done that!!!! Sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't. It's really hard to keep up with the diet when you travel. It will get easier though. Keep the faith!!

Btw, I think my stall actually did break today. I actually went up to 209.2 yesterday (from the 208.4 I was stuck out) and then this morning I woke up to find myself at 205.8. Go figure. I'll take it!!! I hope I can get to onederland in time for my 45th birthday on 2/11. :) No biggie if I don't, but it would be nice!!

1 hour ago, Sophie7713 said:

Hi Psyched! Many congratulations on reaching 200! This is an auspicious occasion - especially given some of your specific challenges... Wow! Divide and Conquer. So good to hear from you again. So very happy for you. ;]

Thanks so much!! I was sooo excited when 198 flashed across that scale. How are things coming along for you?

1 hour ago, Lolo 2020 said:

It is challenging . I have gone back to my entire crazy life of traveling a lot and running around plus working out . I sometimes forget completely I have a sleeve . Like today , where I had a Protein Drink in am, did spinning , ran home to shower and change and run to city for meeting . A poached egg before I left for city and brought a Protein drink . Didn’t finish it all and since I am getting on a plane at 5, stopped at a deli for a scoop of tuna salad . Got in car and took a few bites - too big , too fast , while I was on a work call . That didn’t work and trying to do my call while driving and throwing up was a challenge . This is hard !!!

chicken salad didn't work for me either and I don't each fish. I am with you with the plane jumping too. I always pack a couple of bags of Kay's Protein chips and Protein Bars so that I can have some coming and going. When I reach my destination I find the nearest Target for my protein Water and protein yogurt. You are right, is hard. It takes a LOT of work to stay diligent, but I feel sooo much better because I do. I definitely understand how you feel. Just keep working at it and I am certain you will find your rhythm soon. Best of continued luck to you!

Edited by Psyched

Sisternewt - you are smart! Most concur this is hard stuff, and it takes some time to get back into a "groove" regardless of your lifestyle. Especially for those thrown right back into stressful, hectic work schedules. I am always at AWE of Unstuck, Lolo and Steve for their determined resolve to forge through the workplace!!! I'm in private practice and have the liberty of declining clients/projects this business quarter. While no studio income stream right now, BUT all is good. For myself personally, I need to learn and secure habits for not eating out of stress, tiredness, frustration, happiness or reward I dined out for social/business at least 5 times a week. Not so good!

To this end - I now keep a daily/weekly chart on the kitchen island with check-off boxes for each meal and in-between for fluids and Protein Shakes. There are also boxes for Vitamins and meds. It has been very helpful for me to stay on track + schedule and devise a less sporatic eating routine which got me into a lot of trouble, in the first place!

I am wondering if Soups might help you achieve both your liquids and Protein - A bean Soup? chicken vegetable? Or a hot tea before Breakfast then waiting 30 minutes to eat a meal. Jello and Popsicles can sometimes help if short for the day. Vegetables and fruit contain a lot of Water if you can incorporate them into your meals? Would your nutritionist be able to provide you with a daily solid & liquids routine? Wishing you the best. It will all work out for your best. Take good care.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:51 PM, Sophie7713 said:

Oh Lolo that sounds good... I really need to learn to like more seafoods!!!!! Cod is less fishy tasting, right? Just can't handle salmon, but understand it is the gold standard of fish. Tried it so many ways BUT no go. I had hoped when I awoke from surgery... I'd all the sudden like fish! They say your tastes can change with sleeve.

BTW, What's the temp up north - really cold as the national news claims? It's rainy here.

Oh my gosh, Sophie!! I LOLed because that was my hope too! I hate fish. I told my best friend and my husband (who both love fish) that I was hoping that I would have a taste for it after the sleeve, but it is still a no go. I tried drowning cod in lemon juice before cooking it, but I just don't like fish. This was so funny to me because it is me!

So I bought some inspire Protein crunches and they don’t taste great. Has anyone tried the Quest protein chips? I am looking for between meal snack or things to keep in the car just in case. Or that time I want something with a crunch besides Pork rinds.

1 minute ago, April Michelle said:

So I bought some inspire Protein crunches and they don’t taste great. Has anyone tried the Quest Protein chips? I am looking for between meal snack or things to keep in the car just in case. Or that time I want something with a crunch besides Pork rinds.

I haven't tried them yet, but they are on my try list. Have you tried Kay's Kruncheeze White Cheddar cheese chips? They are my absolute favorite and my go to chips. I purchase them by the case. 60 packs in each case. I love them. I don't eat them as much as I did before, but I ordered a case the first of the month. I always want to make sure I have them handy.

I had a weak moment today and I ate a mini shredded chicken quesadilla and almost all of the fiesta cheesy potatoes from Taco Bell. I am almost 5 weeks post-op and supposed to be in the puree / soft foods stage and so I chewed it up thoroughly before swallowing. I am surprised that I was able to eat that much and now I am worried that maybe my pouch isn't working because from what I seen of others post it seems like that was too much to eat in one sitting. So now I am mad at myself for giving into Taco Bell and terrified that I was able to eat that much. Anybody else have a slip up?

1 hour ago, Psyched said:

I haven't tried them yet, but they are on my try list. Have you tried Kay's Kruncheeze White Cheddar cheese chips? They are my absolute favorite and my go to chips. I purchase them by the case. 60 packs in each case. I love them. I don't eat them as much as I did before, but I ordered a case the first of the month. I always want to make sure I have them handy.

I was looking at those as well.

1 hour ago, Darci kendall said:

Quest Ranch are very good ,I eat a lot of beef Jerky high Protein low Calories

I forgot we could have beef Jerky. I might have to pick some up.

I use my Fitbit app and log all my liquids . I also do at least one but often 2 Protein Shakes a day . I will Thin then down to get more liquid in . I drink out of a swell bottle and know how much I am drinking . I’ve got to be diligent !

205?! Woo woo Steve ! Ur on ur way ! I am stuck at 206.4 since Friday , despite spinning and eating perfect all weekend - 5 days in a row of spinning, weights and riding plus 10k steps ! I think my body just holds on to the weight with Water and then lets go 3-4lbs . That’s prob what happened to u -

ao I landed in Phoenix and am off to La . Had a yogurt on the plane and some Soup when I arrived . Just too hard to deal with real food ..I brought a blender ball shaker and some drinks so I’ll just mix some Protein Drinks .. just seems easier when I travel !

Coexister, I had a stroopwaffle on the plane home last week and a chocolate covered biscuit at work last week. Felt so guilty and thought surely I will explode , right ? But all good - still I have told myself , no junk food , cakes, Cookies or alcohol till I reach goal and then only very little every again . I have 38lbs to go to goal , I’ve eaten that crap my whole life - I don’t need it any more , it doesn’t make me happy . Nothing tastes as good as being thin !