Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Lolo, what will be your 70% Protein intake source? I'll try the cucumber Water. I like Glaceau smart water for hydration. Still detest the Protein Shakes, chalky and artificial. Try to get Proteins at mealtime mostly. By nutritionist, do you mean Peacock? I have yet to meet or speak to her. Never had any bariatric pre-op nutritional counseling with her - did you? My surgery date was quick pace. 206 is good! That's 3 pounds off 209 stall! And, 4 pounds closer to 200! Be patient with yourself, Ms. "A" type... You're doing fabulous! Maybe onederland mid-february instead? ;]

I am down from 225 now to 220.

Happy weekend!

Yes I talked with Susan , this was my first session. She told me to keep on with my shakes , 2 a day if I like , I was trying to drop to 1 and it wasn’t working . I am mostly doing eggs , tuna salad (eaten with a baby spoon in a Ramiken, super slooooow!😬). I am a fast eater and this surgery will cure me of that, one way or another ! I do well with fish and some soft laughing cow cheese or mozzarella sticks. I am also trying to some Beans ... yes I am an “A” type , but I will try to be patient ... 220 is awesome ! 5 lbs down , wow !!

1 hour ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Bummer .. I did spin today and yesterday and dropped to 206, but then puking last night freaked me out and I had only Water ..am trying to get to onederland by feb 1 but that might be difficult at this point . Just spoke to my nutritionist and she said 500- 800 calories - day and If u stall cut the carbs way down and increase Protein and Water . I just wonder if u r eating too much ? She said once I reach goal I will consume 1000-1200 calories and 50% of that can be good carbs , but now to propel weight loss you want like 70% Protein . R u drinking all ur water ? She said also that when the fat leaves the cells fill with water so try a natural diuretic like cucumber water to flush out the water

Well, it sounds like your nut is giving you some good advice. I am pretty much doing what you are suggesting. Because of the amount of exercise I am getting, I need to consume more than the 90g protein goal that is recommended by my doctor [as a guy]. My nut suggested that I should be consuming around 125g of protein per day as my goal. That's 500 calories right there just in protein. Even though protein is the most important macro, it can't be the only one or you would never go to the bathroom and you'd have other problems (see more below). So, I need to try to get at least some additional calories in the form of fat. I have been eating 1:1 fat to protein, so that's a 1000 calories right there, plus an extra 15 or so net grams of carbs that slip in. So, I am somewhere between 1,000 to 1,100 (which includes 15 or so net grams of carbs). I could try cutting back on fat sources and add in more Fiber and see how that goes. I definitely need to up the fiber because I can't freakin' move my bowels and when I do it's like passing a baseball. I am drinking between 75 and 100oz of water a day sometimes more and rarely less. I can try upping that, but this 75 to 100oz seems like a pretty reasonable amount to me???? I think Constipation and bloating are my biggest problems this week and probably have a lot to do with the "stall".

Edited by SteveT74

57 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Lolo, what will be your 70% Protein intake source? I'll try the cucumber Water. I like Glaceau smart Water for hydration. Still detest the Protein Shakes, chalky and artificial. Try to get Proteins at mealtime mostly. By nutritionist, do you mean Peacock? I have yet to meet or speak to her. Never had any bariatric pre-op nutritional counseling with her - did you? My surgery date was quick pace. 206 is good! That's 3 pounds off 209 stall! And, 4 pounds closer to 200! Be patient with yourself, Ms. "A" type... You're doing fabulous! Maybe onederland mid-february instead? ;]

I am down from 225 now to 220.

Happy weekend!

Another 12/17 person!! Great job on the 5 pound loss!!! You're kicking ass!!!

Omg Steve the Constipation is definitely getting u .. I don’t have that problem but maybe try green smoothies ?

Hello, had my surgery on 12/14/18. To date I’m down 46 lbs!

Hello, had my surgery on 12/14/18. To date I’m down 46 lbs!
Great job!! What's ur daily regimen thus far? I was sleeved on 12/20/18 & I'm down 31 lbs!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved 12/20 and down 33

My surgery was 12/26/2018 . I have also experienced a stall since advancing from liquid diet to soft/puree however have noticed my clothes fitting looser so I don't think it is all about the scale? I have seen post where people can't get in past 400 calories and am wondering how that can be? I have to drink a minimum of 2 Protein Drinks a day and the Bariatric Advantage powder (because these have 200% of DV Vitamin requirements needed) itself is 150 calories along with 80 calories for the fat free milk (Mootopia) I mix it in with so that's 230 for each shake and a total of 430 along with all the required Vitamins & supplements that total 120 calories just for those alone. So for me to get the minimum required vitamins and Proteins ( which I will make sure I do per less chance of loosing hair and other problems with deficiencies) that's 580 calories by itself. Throw some food in there and it's easy to get almost 800 or more calories in a day. I don't always walk like I should per bad weather and I think if I would remain consistent here it would help me get out of this stall. I am also diligent with drinking a minimum of 64 ozs of Water a day and many times go beyond this. I am not having much trouble keeping any food down but usually find that I can only eat about a 1/4th cup amount of food. I haven't pushed much beyond this unless it's applesauce or yogurt. I am still trying to figure out what all the grumbles and noises my digestive system is all about? Not sure what hunger pains feel like or if it is just digestive unease? It is like me and my body are getting reacquainted and I am forced to now listen to it more and decipher what is actually going on?

1 hour ago, Coexister said:

My surgery was 12/26/2018 . I have also experienced a stall since advancing from liquid diet to soft/puree however have noticed my clothes fitting looser so I don't think it is all about the scale? I have seen post where people can't get in past 400 calories and am wondering how that can be? I have to drink a minimum of 2 Protein Drinks a day and the Bariatric Advantage powder (because these have 200% of DV Vitamin requirements needed) itself is 150 calories along with 80 calories for the fat free milk (Mootopia) I mix it in with so that's 230 for each shake and a total of 430 along with all the required Vitamins & supplements that total 120 calories just for those alone. So for me to get the minimum required Vitamins and Proteins ( which I will make sure I do per less chance of loosing hair and other problems with deficiencies) that's 580 calories by itself. Throw some food in there and it's easy to get almost 800 or more calories in a day. I don't always walk like I should per bad weather and I think if I would remain consistent here it would help me get out of this stall. I am also diligent with drinking a minimum of 64 ozs of Water a day and many times go beyond this. I am not having much trouble keeping any food down but usually find that I can only eat about a 1/4th cup amount of food. I haven't pushed much beyond this unless it's applesauce or yogurt. I am still trying to figure out what all the grumbles and noises my digestive system is all about? Not sure what hunger pains feel like or if it is just digestive unease? It is like me and my body are getting reacquainted and I am forced to now listen to it more and decipher what is actually going on?

Surgery 12/1718 - Share you concerns about calorie intake after those shakes! Applesauce & yogurt my go too. I can only take on so much food too. For some exercise in bad weather...."skate" movement like an ice skater....you can do it while watching t.v. Set your own pace....its cardio. Videos on internet. I might not be as intense or have the perfect form as videos but it works and got things moving. Down 30lbs. Took awhile for me to get those digestive sounds down too.....but finally can tell difference between hunger and tummy issues. Give it another week. I had a caprese salad last night, slice of Tomato, slice mozzarella, basil, drizzle of olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Very low calorie, good Protein. Took a few minutes for my tummy to decide if could handle but then it settled down and enjoyed! Usually takes about a hour or two if something new will result in direahrea. This did not happen. Did miss the bread to dunk in the oil and vinegar, but stay strong. I have never vomited.....came close but have been able to talk myself out of each time. Dr. finds that funny...lol!

I am almost six weeks out and still struggling to get 64 oz of Water in everyday I get about half of that and am using a 15 min timer. If I don’t drink 30 mins before and after meals and Snacks I think it is impossible to consume that much liquid with my sleeve. I average 500-600 calories a day and have been dropping about 3.8 a week. Total lost since surgery 43lbs. My other issue is I seem to always overestimate how much I can eat. Does anyone else find that the last bite you take although you think you can eat it 2-3 oz is the one that causes you discomfort. On the plus side I am never hungry and crave nothing.

Wow , ur doing great ! ru using Protein shakes ? They r great for getting liquids - I start the day with an 11 oz canned Protein Shake heated up and infused with Decaf French vanilla coffee . 20 oz of liquid there - than add in a few bottle of Water and maybe a green smoothie and I am good

Lolo I was drinking Protein Shakes but now my taste buds are in overdrive and although I could drink them before surgery and when I first had surgery now they all taste way too sweet. I add tasteless Protein to my Water and food and get between 60-80 grams of protein a day so that is not an issue. I mostly try to get my protein from real food like tuna, eggs, or salmon. I am glad my sleeve is small I just wish I knew when to take the last bite I end up being miserable after each mean because I haven’t figured out when it’s enough. I feel great and I took my first TRX class today.

Ur doing great!! I struggle with same . I just put a very small amount on a ramikin or butter plate . My problem is eating too fast , that is my real problem .. I am trying to eat with baby spoon and eat more frequently so I don’t get “empty”. It’s not so much hunger as it is emptiness .. plus I work our a lot , ride my horses and sometimes just fee likenindontbhave enough carbs in the tank