Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!



Recommended Posts

Would anyone be interested in a December VSG chat? I am not sure if it would be on Facebook, or Discord. I thought maybe it would be nice for all of us to chat about our experiences when the time comes. Just a thought! I'm normally pretty socially anxious, so I wouldn't talk much, but I'm putting the offer out there to those that may be interested. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@batty_vsg: I would join a Dec VSG chat on FB - i don't know what Discord is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, dawnam said:

Hey surgery twin! Mine is scheduled for the 4th as well. First surgery of the day! Woo!

Good news/ Bad news!!! My surgeons office called and they have an earlier opening. They moved my surgery up to Nov 27th!!! So, no longer twins😕 It is starting to get real!!!!

On 10/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, dawnam said:

Hey surgery twin! Mine is scheduled for the 4th as well. First surgery of the day! Woo!

On 10/22/2018 at 6:22 PM, dawnam said:

Hey surgery twin! Mine is scheduled for the 4th as well. First surgery of the day! Woo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooner??? So exciting!!!! You can still be a December goddess/god!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Myhorseisfattoo said:

Sooner??? So exciting!!!! You can still be a December goddess/god!!

Top-25-Excited-Meme-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, batty_vsg said:

Hello everyone!

I was approved a few days ago (after only waiting a week) and received my surgery date for December 12, 2018! I chose this date out of the few offered to me because I am currently in college and I will be able to finish up my classes prior to the surgery (which was a huge worry of mine.) It's about two weeks before my birthday too!

Anyone else scheduled out in December?

I am! I go Dec 10th for the all day consultation thing and then in 2 weeks I should have the surgery. I'll get the surgery date on Dec 10th. I'm excited and nervous!!! It's a lot of pressure to lose weight and do the right things after going through surgery to help you lose the weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so excited and hoping to have the surgery this month but I was on birth control and they said you have to be off that for 30 days so I have to wait to December. My doctor also said no pills. Does anyone know why you can't have pills for 30 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theresahyatt19 said:

We can be new vsg twins. I am also 1127

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds good.... this is getting real!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs.Braxton<3 said:

I was so excited and hoping to have the surgery this month but I was on birth control and they said you have to be off that for 30 days so I have to wait to December. My doctor also said no pills. Does anyone know why you can't have pills for 30 days?

Hm. I asked my surgeon about my anti-depressant and he asked about how big the tablet was. I gave him an estimate (it's a very tiny pill) and he said due to the size, it should be okay to take. I don't really have any other choice, it's definitely something that I have to take.

In my opinion, they do not suggest pills during initial post-surgery because your stomach is healing and there is limited space. I've never heard of not taking birth control prior to the surgery. Is it possible for you to ask your Nurse if its okay since the pills are generally small?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, batty_vsg said:

Hm. I asked my surgeon about my anti-depressant and he asked about how big the tablet was. I gave him an estimate (it's a very tiny pill) and he said due to the size, it should be okay to take. I don't really have any other choice, it's definitely something that I have to take.

In my opinion, they do not suggest pills during initial post-surgery because your stomach is healing and there is limited space. I've never heard of not taking birth control prior to the surgery. Is it possible for you to ask your Nurse if its okay since the pills are generally small?

Well I'm okay with not taking the birth control pills because my husband is away on business a lot so I'm not too concerned lol but I was concerned about taking Excedrin for Migraines. I think I will call though and ask the purpose of no pills. I'll let you know what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my last Pre-Op group class and received a huge binder full of all the information I will need. They assigned me an angel...someone my age that had a successful sleeve and willing to be my support person nearby. Then, I went to my Pre-Op appointment at the hospital. Registered, had a Vascular Vein leg check, bloodwork, EKG, and chest x-ray. Met with the hospital pharmacist, and nurse. Received my time 6am Dec. 4th!!! Also, gave me some special soap to wash with. It is real now!!! Time to stock up on Protein Shakes, broth, Jello, measuring cups, Water cup with measuring guides, chapstick, new slippers and a robe!!!😩😱🤗 So excited for this new journey!! Plus, my doctor’s office gave me different samples of Vitamins to see which one I can maybe tolerate/like. 🤢Vitamins will be hard for me. 🤞I can find some that work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys!!! This is happening!!!! I'm so freaking excited! Chappy, you going on the 4th is big news!!!!! Can't wait to hear how you do!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×