Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

Thank you both. I sure hope so.. this stinks, as I’m so worried about dehydration.
I was too and I have not had a problem since it basically is all just liquids!

PaulE

I'm scheduled for Tuesday (20th) getting nervous! Shopping this weekend though other than low fat/sugar free greek yoghurt, I think I'm pretty well stocked for the first 2 weeks anyway. We go right into full liquids after leaving the hospital. Hoping for a not too rough recovery though almost all say the first few days are rough..to be expected I guess!

Mom2ag wow you have been through the ringer for sure! But I am glad they are aware of the problem and that you will be on the mend, I don’t think I will be ready to try the chicken Soup again for awhile lol I followed the directions and like I said it was great going down but for me it just didn’t work and the thought of it now is two ugh. I am glad you have support and I think with all the hospital fluids a 7lb loss is amazing!! Keep up the great work and keep us posted!

Sealeafi!! Your back congrats!! Yes it took me until day 4 I think to meet all my goals they just kept telling me work on hydration and Protein it will happen! Sounds like you are already doing great!

On 11/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, paddyski said:

Hey there just wanted to check in on you see how you are feeling and if you Headache has improved?

Yes, it has passed. Thank you! The new feeling is like a bit pressure on my chest. How are you feeling?

On 11/13/2018 at 9:50 PM, lulu06 said:

Hey everyone. New here. My surgery is this Friday Nov.16. I had to do a 10 day liquid diet, no sugar, no carbonation, Then 3 day clear liquids before surgery. I just have to say I didn't realize how addicted to food I was. I have dreamed about food like never before and even to this minute consider cancelling the surgery because I'm so scared of being this hungry after surgery. I use to smoke and one day I decided I would never let anything have control of my life like cigs did. I would be in control at all times. I through them away and never looked back. I guess my eyes where not open to the fact, food had control of my life. So now I just need some support some motivational words to make it through this hurdle and take control. Cigs I never have to look at again but food is a necessity which makes it that much harder. Thanks for being here everyone.

Good luck! Don’t worry I experienced the same dreamed about food night and day I’m week post op and still thinking about it. But you got this!

Will had my surgery on November 8th and today I start back on full liquid diet. No really problem yet had to work on getting my 60mg of Protein. Have started taking my vitames and walking. Best of luck to all for a speedy recovery.

2 hours ago, Yessican said:

Yes, it has passed. Thank you! The new feeling is like a bit pressure on my chest. How are you feeling?

Oh good, I am doing pretty well be binded up but aside from that as long as I coat my stomach before taking my Vitamin I am good to go, getting ready to start purees, I am allowed today but they said it was ok to start tomorrow, I was really nervous and so my nut and dr said the best thing to do was get a can of progresso veg and beef cook it and then blend it and divide into 10 containers and use those as my starter meal, made it feel achievable so that is my plan! They also said to continue shakes and stuff so that I will do. Then they said take a spoonful and put it down ten do another and so forth they said don't be surprised if it is only a few bites before we feel full. Good luck everyone!

Cristin- my wife, my best friend, and his wife all three told me after surgery you will feel cold. I didn’t believe them. I went from sleeping naked under just a sheet and the thinnest blanket we have, to now wearing long John’s, a sweatshirt, a sheet, a blanket, a comforter, and my wife’s anxiety blanket. I’m wearing long John’s and an undershirt at work.

I too am one week plus one day post op. Just had my first follow up with my doctor, and boy were they pleased! I’m down from 289 at my presurgery weigh in four weeks ago to 260, while the scale at home has me going from 261 morning of surgery to 251.2 this morning (I weigh nude after my morning relief for maximum consistency)

I agree about the shakes pre-surgery just not tasting the same. I’m in my second day of shakes, and the chocolate Premier Proteins which were my go-to are now not that tasty, plus I’m much more sensitive to the alcohol sugars so it’s giving me diarrhea.

The good news is I have enjoyed some homemade cream of mushroom Soup. Super easy to make, and having a good savory flavor after all the sweet Protein waters of the first week was a welcome change.

1 hour ago, slyfingers said:

Cristin- my wife, my best friend, and his wife all three told me after surgery you will feel cold. I didn’t believe them. I went from sleeping naked under just a sheet and the thinnest blanket we have, to now wearing long John’s, a sweatshirt, a sheet, a blanket, a comforter, and my wife’s anxiety blanket. I’m wearing long John’s and an undershirt at work.

I too am one week plus one day post op. Just had my first follow up with my doctor, and boy were they pleased! I’m down from 289 at my presurgery weigh in four weeks ago to 260, while the scale at home has me going from 261 morning of surgery to 251.2 this morning (I weigh nude after my morning relief for maximum consistency)

I agree about the shakes pre-surgery just not tasting the same. I’m in my second day of shakes, and the chocolate Premier Proteins which were my go-to are now not that tasty, plus I’m much more sensitive to the alcohol sugars so it’s giving me diarrhea.

The good news is I have enjoyed some homemade cream of mushroom Soup. Super easy to make, and having a good savory flavor after all the sweet Protein waters of the first week was a welcome change.

I would love to try a cream of mushroom Soup. Do you mind sharing your recipe?

My husband made a homemade Tomato Soup for me last night and it was so delicious and savory and warm. :)

2 hours ago, slyfingers said:

That's great to know! I've been FREEZING! And I'm usually the girl breaking out in a sweat and having the fan running 24/7! Yes, I was a huge fan of the Premier Protein shakes pre-surgery and now I can't tolerate them. I am drinking EAS Advantage shakes and am happier with those!

Hi everyone! I'm 3 days post op. I miss textures in my food. I've become so disinterested that I'm struggling to even keep myself hydrated. I'm going crazy being stuck at home. I haven't felt cold yet but maybe too soon to tell!

I spent my first four days post op forcing myself to drink, finally by day 7 I was drinking somewhat normally. Added shakes on day 8, and it takes me almost an hour and a half to choke down a full Protein Shake.

As for the mushroom Soup recipe, there are a ton out there. The one I officially used was this one but modified. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/235589/chef-johns-creamy-mushroom-soup/ I used a generous amount of olive oil in the start instead of butter. The real trick is carmelizing the mushrooms-it took about 25 minutes to get to that point not 15. I used about 1/4 cup of Worcestershire instead of the heavy cream, and I used about 5 cups of chicken stock to get it to the right consistency.