Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

17 minutes ago, KatieNthings said:

How'd it go? I've been home trying to rest, I'm thankful everything went okay :)

Mine went extremely well. I came back to work yesterday. Now if i could just get rid of the excess gas, and the weight gain from the surgery (15 pounds additional LOL) I am down to 4 over.. so hopefully by end of week i will start seeing a loss of some sort. I am able to get all my liquids and Proteins in.. thankfully. Tonight i will start extended walking. I have been walking but not as exercise. that starts tonight.

1 hour ago, Jazzy1125 said:

Mine went extremely well. I came back to work yesterday. Now if i could just get rid of the excess gas, and the weight gain from the surgery (15 pounds additional LOL) I am down to 4 over.. so hopefully by end of week i will start seeing a loss of some sort. I am able to get all my liquids and Proteins in.. thankfully. Tonight i will start extended walking. I have been walking but not as exercise. that starts tonight.

I'm so glad to hear that! This gas is KILLING me, I finally broke down and go dissolvable gas meds, hopefully it helps! :) I work at an inpatient psych unit, so I'm giving myself a little extra time before returning to work since it's physical, although I'm growing antsy sitting around here! :) Nice meeting you, can't wait to see your journey!

I'm so glad to hear that! This gas is KILLING me, I finally broke down and go dissolvable gas meds, hopefully it helps! I work at an inpatient psych unit, so I'm giving myself a little extra time before returning to work since it's physical, although I'm growing antsy sitting around here! Nice meeting you, can't wait to see your journey!
Same here. Sorry my response was one-sided..i wanted to respond to u and get out of the office at the same time...how are you feeling? If I worked in that I dustry I would take extra time off too lol..my job is in a small business and I basically run the office without the full title lolol..i enjoy being there..the owner takes care of us all I want to do the same in return..lol..today he yelled at me to make sure I follow.my drs orders to the letter and he doesnt want to find out differently lol

SW 306.6 CW 283.6 GW 135

Sleeved last Thursday. I'm shocked at how soon people are returning to work. I'm still in a fair amount of pain, feeling lightheaded now and then and I am struggling with fluids and Proteins.

Hey everyone. New here. My surgery is this Friday Nov.16. I had to do a 10 day liquid diet, no sugar, no carbonation, Then 3 day Clear Liquids before surgery. I just have to say I didn't realize how addicted to food I was. I have dreamed about food like never before and even to this minute consider cancelling the surgery because I'm so scared of being this hungry after surgery. I use to smoke and one day I decided I would never let anything have control of my life like cigs did. I would be in control at all times. I through them away and never looked back. I guess my eyes where not open to the fact, food had control of my life. So now I just need some support some motivational words to make it through this hurdle and take control. Cigs I never have to look at again but food is a necessity which makes it that much harder. Thanks for being here everyone.

Hey everyone. New here. My surgery is this Friday Nov.16. I had to do a 10 day liquid diet, no sugar, no carbonation, Then 3 day Clear Liquids before surgery. I just have to say I didn't realize how addicted to food I was. I have dreamed about food like never before and even to this minute consider cancelling the surgery because I'm so scared of being this hungry after surgery. I use to smoke and one day I decided I would never let anything have control of my life like cigs did. I would be in control at all times. I through them away and never looked back. I guess my eyes where not open to the fact, food had control of my life. So now I just need some support some motivational words to make it through this hurdle and take control. Cigs I never have to look at again but food is a necessity which makes it that much harder. Thanks for being here everyone.
I here you Lulu . I just had my surgery on the 7th and the pre op diet was awful! No I am on full liquids and I also realize the pain of my love of food for comfort. Believe me you will not be hungry but you will see food on TV or in person and think that would be awesome. Then realize liquid can taste just as great if done well! If you need help or encouragement? I am your guy! This journey is just stating and we can do it!

Sent from my 9024W using BariatricPal mobile app

Waiting for surgery at 7am this morning! Nervous as a cat! 😬

13 hours ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Sleeved last Thursday. I'm shocked at how soon people are returning to work. I'm still in a fair amount of pain, feeling lightheaded now and then and I am struggling with fluids and Proteins.

I was sleeved on the 6th and I returned to work on the 12th. I work at a desk job though, so I am able to be pretty comfortable. I was in a fair amount of pain until the 11th and was really concerned it was going to continue but it's like a switch flipped and the last few days, I've just been sore and not in actual pain. Walk, walk, walk. It is what helped me the most!

11 hours ago, lulu06 said:

I was sleeved on the 6th and I can honestly say that I haven't been hungry once. The post-op fluids are easier than pre-op, in my opinion. I understand, I was having doubts right up until my surgery actually happened. Just tiny ones but enough that I was in pre-op holding thinking "Am I sure this is necessary?"....and the answer is yes. It was absolutely necessary for every single reason you already listed and more. Food, and worse, my weight were controlling my life. This surgery is the tool to help you regain that power. You'll do great, just stick with it!

3 hours ago, Smurf said:

Waiting for surgery at 7am this morning! Nervous as a cat! 😬

you got this!

@Smurf, have a Smurfalicious surgery & Recovery! I'm not telling Gargamel where you are and I hope no one else does! Best Wishes on your SURGIBIRTHDAY fr9m Central Ohio and ME!😷👍😜😝

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well. My mgb is this Saturday Nov. 17. 😁 Any recommentations?

Feeling super mega excited, but a bit nervous.

I was sleeved on 11/5 If you have a recliner I suggest that you use it. It has been a lifesaver