Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

34 minutes ago, Rick.Mc said:

I had my surgery November 6th, today is the last day of my liquid diet. Looking forward to creamed Soups and yogurt! Not much nausea since hours after my surgery. Going well so far...

SO awesome! I was the same day and I think I start that on Friday... I am a little ready but so far really doing pretty well with everything. Good luck and let us know how it goes!! Did you pick one to start with?

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, flyfree88 said:

just had my surgery on the 6th everything went ok, but I am having a hard time getting my Water in it feels like I am taking in air even with a tiny sip. Also my HR is 87 and normal for me is in the 60-65 range anybody else have issues like this

hey there just checking in wanted to see how you are doing? Is your heart rate back down, it sounds like hydration needs to be upped a bit, maybe a sugar free popsicle?

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, KentuckySteve said:

5 days out today and I have been getting my 64 oz Fluid in and 90 grams of Protein in but have zero appetite every time I think about food my stomach turns so I have ate 2 SF puddings in 5 days but don’t feel hungry at all hope everyone else is doing good

Hey there wanted to check in and see how it is going? I still don't feel hungry but I am meeting my Protein goals and Water goals so I am happy about that. I keep waiting for the hunger to kick in, but nothing I keep wondering if it will be like this forever? anyways hope you are doing well. Since the surgery I have already lost 9lbs!! I can't believe it.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Yessican said:

Hey guys I’m 4 days post op felling pretty good.. just getting heache. 😔 anyone else experiencing this?

Hey there just wanted to check in on you see how you are feeling and if you headache has improved?

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:49 PM, mom2ag said:

My sleeve was on 11/7. Went into it with complete peace. Woke up in recovery in excruciating pain. Unfortunately the pain medication that my surgeon likes to use is Toradol and I'm allergic. It seemed to take them all day Wednesday to try and get my pain under control. The gas pain was very real and painful. I had breakthrough bleeding multiple times in my belly button and they couldn't get my oxygen levels stable. Day 1 post-op they finally re-cauterized my belly button and sent me home with liquid Tylenol. Day 2 (Friday) at home was okay. I walked throughout the house and sat up and took multiple naps in bed. I focused on Clear Liquids. By Friday night I started running a fever of 101.8 that lasted for the next 16 hours. I loss ALL control of my bowels with no warning at all!!! I was not expecting that. My stomach has been in severe pain and each time I took Tylenol it seemed to get worse. The on-call dr didn't seem to be too concerned with any of it. My hubby went and got g2 Gatorade and diluted an ounce for me and that did wonders....and then I took one tiny sip of the liquid Tylenol and the bowels are out of control again and the stomach is cramping. I've officially taken myself off of pain meds, as they seemed to have been doing more harm than good for me. Praying I can sleep through the night without having to jump and run to the bathroom (this type of movement doesn't help my pain level). Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

With all the diarrhea, I am pretty sure that I became dehydrated also. So I'm focusing solely on liquids. Today is Day 3 and I've drank a total of 21 - ounces of liquid so far.

Hey there- wanted to see if you were feeling any better as well? Hope you have been getting in Fluids easier!

to everyone going this week CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK!!! you all got this! As for an update to me I was done on November 6th and I am back at work today, I took a pain pill first night and second night at home but that was it. I have been pretty diligent about getting Protein and Vitamins in so I am at 60 grams of protein completed in 2 shakes daily and I have been getting my fluids in as well I think I may be just above 64 ounces. Newest loves are sugar free popsicles they count as 4 ounces of Fluid and complete all fluids needed in an hour. I also love hot Water with lemon. I try to walk at least a mile everyday so far I have been able to do that because I was home. I hope to be able to do that tonight still, have my first appointment on Wednesday with my doctor and I think they will be happy I have already lost 9lbs!! Surgery day I was 272 came home I was 277 they really fill you with fluid, 7 days later I am at 263! I am amazed. my belly is itchy and the sites normal and my tongue is still mildly numb or I am just really used to it being numb from surgery they said it could last for a few weeks or longer so we shall see. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi All. I’m glad I found this forum. I’m having my surgery in 6 days, the 18th. I am really nervous. I started preop diet a week ago and my anxiety is killing me. I’m going to Mexico to get the surgery and I have to be on the planes for almost 8 hours . I’m so nervous , anxious. I’m having withdraws symptoms from the coffee and the sweets , lot of headaches and nauseas . The best part😢 I’m flighting back home on thanksgiving day , that’s good to be another interesting day 🙂

53 minutes ago, yaditzal said:

Hi All. I’m glad I found this forum. I’m having my surgery in 6 days, the 18th. I am really nervous. I started preop diet a week ago and my anxiety is killing me. I’m going to Mexico to get the surgery and I have to be on the planes for almost 8 hours . I’m so nervous , anxious. I’m having withdraws symptoms from the coffee and the sweets , lot of headaches and nauseas . The best part😢 I’m flighting back home on thanksgiving day , that’s good to be another interesting day 🙂

Don't Worry we all went through the withdrawls and it was awful at the time, but it does get easier around day 4, the nerves took me right through to procedure time and that was tough but I also felt ready so it made it easier. Good Luck!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:26 PM, megolego said:

It's so sad! I'm craving vegetables because I can't have them! I'm so jealous! I never thought that I would ever crave veggies in my life:)

hey there I know you were on the 6th just wanted to check in and see how you are doing? I hope all is well.

2 hours ago, paddyski said:

Hey There! I was the same day as you and let me tell you a TMI, Saturday night I believe there was a need to go... do you feel the need to go at all? My dr. told me to take Colace. Well I did that no joy (pills are not that big and by now you should be able to take in that size. ) Tried some Smooth Move nope no joy, I needed to use the suppository that worked and felt so much better after, and ever since everything has been normal. I wish I would have tried the Colace sooner, I believe you can also use Miralax in your Water. so hopefully that will help.

Thanks to you and a couple of others for some recommendations! I got some Miralax yesterday. Still waiting but I’m sure it’ll kick in! Just a side note, has anyone sneezed since surgery? Holy cow that’s painful! My allergies are trying to kill me lol

37 minutes ago, Rick.Mc said:

November 6th for me as well. No major problems so far. Starting stage 2 tomorrow, I hope. I may never eat Jello again! 🙄

Amen! I used to like it, even the sugar-free kind. They brought it to me the 2nd day in the hospital and it was repulsive. Your taste buds really do change, it is the strangest thing.

4 hours ago, Ivette OJ said:

Hi! Mine’s on the 17th also a teacher. Good luck to all of us.

It seems like there are a lot of teachers with weight problems. I guess we have too much stress and develop bad habits.