Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 Sleevers!?!?

11 hours ago, Calah said:

My paper work is being sent in tomorrow and I’m Praying to be approved. Hopefully for November! I have united heath care. Was it hard for y’all to get approved? Did it take a long time to get a answer?

woodlands Texas!

My request was denied in under a day lol, but my insurance is not united health care, my insurance is not covering my surgery I will be self pay, but it is not unreasonable, and also my Dr. Called me before hand and explained that they knew I would be denied but still was willing to try for medical necessity and gave the insurance a dummy date. If I had comorbidities I think I would have been approved, I will say this that I also waited to submit for everything until after I had completed the Psych portion, I feel that is a key component. Send it in, and get to know your scheduler where you are planning to be seen they can help you every step of the way weither insurance covers or not. GOOD LUCK Though!

Good morning everyone! We are one week closer to getting our sleeves complete!!! I have my appointment with nutrition tomorrow to talk about every thing and get my follow up plans and Saturday I got my official surgery paper work complete with two week pre op prep directions it felt so so so real!!! And I have to say it looks manageable. 4 shakes and veggies a day, plus a handful of fruit and a boat load of water... I got so excited I ordered a few shakes to sample already! Any one else? What are your goals this week? mine in addition to trying some shakes is to walk 20 minutes to 30 minutes outside... if I walk my development twice it will give me a mile... every step counts!

Hope to have my sleeve done at end of November or beginning of December

Hello there, I am 45 and scheduled for Sugery on the 16th of November. Been on this journey since May. Prayers all continues to go well so glad I found this forum. Would love to make friends and share journey.

Scheduled for November 21st, the day before Thanksgiving! Worried about how understanding the inlaws will be about the holidays, because I honestly don't know if I will be able to handle being in a house that is full of delicious food smells, even by Christmas. I may not be out of pureed food by then, and from how emotional I've heard some people can get, I really don't know if I can be around all that food without having a meltdown.

Edited by Foof76

Scheduled for November 21st, the day before Thanksgiving! Worried about how understanding the inlaws will be about the holidays, because I honestly don't know if I will be able to handle being in a house that is full of delicious food smells, even by Christmas. I may not be out of pureed food by then, and from how emotional I've heard some people can get, I really don't know if I can be around all that food without having a meltdown.
I am scheduled for the 27th of Nov. I feel your pain. But I think we got this and we can get through these holidays together if needed. Hopefully we will be able to enjoy the holidays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, Foof76 said:

Hugs I am sure it is an overwhelming time like the previous poster said you can do this!

On 09/30/2018 at 21:04, Calah said:

My paper work is being sent in tomorrow and I’m Praying to be approved. Hopefully for November! I have united heath care. Was it hard for y’all to get approved? Did it take a long time to get a answer?

woodlands Texas!

Hi Calah.. I’m in The Woodlands too! Who is your doctor? Aetna took 4 days to get my approval back!

I agree I am so used to trying to hide when I walk in a room, but so clumsy I usually trip walking in... but it would be refreshing to feel that confidence of I am here!
For the last 3 years, i have been avoiding all reflective surfaces. Which means, front glass doors. Which means I always stand to the side when knocking on peoples' front doors. I m.sure people think its freaky,,,looking forward to presenting a normal persona in this world. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, Pznapd said:

Hello, I'm scheduled for November 19. I too want to be able to cross my legs!!!!!

Welcome to the November Sleevers club! :D

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, HerNameIsBeauty said:

Hey ladies!! Scheduled for November 3rd and so ready to wear the heels I’ve been buying & holding on to for 10 years!!!

Hello and welcome! I bought stilettos ( I forget how many years ago) and I would love to finally wear them :D

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Red Alicia said:

HI Friends! I am scheduled for Nov 5th. Let's do this together!

Welcome! You are one of us! :D

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, Geodude said:

I am also scheduled for Nov 6th. I'm really looking forward to being able to play with my toddler without running out of breath after 30 seconds of activity. I'd also like to stop destroying furniture.

We're date twins! :) Yes, I too would love to be able to keep up with my daughter