Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Baby

Becky, from what you've said about your Dad, he'll have that dog two-stepping by the time you get back home! Please do a side-by-side of your before band w/puppy and your after band w/puppy. Wow!

Thank you, TM.

About training that Rot, we had a really hard time training our Lab because he spent the first year of his life a near invalid (we rescued him and he almost didn't make it.) We couldn't concentrate on any traiing or discipline cause it was all we could do to get him walking and eating. A year after many meds and treatments, he was finally healthy, but dumb as a box of rocks. We figured we'd always just have a dumb dog cuz he wouldn't respond to his name (Porkchop.) Has a disaster on a leash. One day I was struggling along our walk with my headphones on, and the song, "Voodoo" by Godsmack was playing, so I was singing outloud to my favorite song. Every time I sang the chorus, "Voo-doooooooo, Voooo-dooooo" my little Porkchop would stop and cock his head. That night I showed Chris how Porkchop looked at me everytime I sung the word, "Voodoo." We were cracking up - he'd stop everything and look at me with his head cocked. So that's the day we changed his name to Voodoo, and ever since then he's listened to every command and is the most obedient best friend you could imagine. He sits, speaks, fetches his toy, goes potty. He even knows "go see daddy" and runs to find Chris. Here's the trick - a year later I read in a dog training book that dogs respond best to a double-vowel sounding name. BooBoo, Fi-Fi, LaLa BowBow... and that may very well be why Voo responded to Voodoo. It's the "Oooh Ohhh" or Eee-Eee that they can hear the best. Like "sit Ooboo sit, Good dog."

Everybodys fur babies are just precious.

Becky - Wow, you look like a totally different person now! You fur baby looks like he could use that lapband too! lol That's a big dog to sit on your lap!

Here's a picture of two of the labs resting on me during my recovery phase. The chocolate lab doesn't like to crowded so he doesn't usually lay where he will be disturbed.

post-204284-13813131626885_thumb.jpg

Labs are really great dogs. My husband had a black lab before we got married and he was the best natured animal any one could ask for. He was old and he got really sick... well we miss Rolo now,I hope some day to get another lab,but we don't have our yard fenced and I think it would be better if we waited till we did.

Here are MY babies.. "Clare" and Philip (my 2yr old). This was taken about a week ago!

Aww..yes, I'm a week late, but your son is a doll, Paula. :o Reminds me of my son when he was that age...