Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I'm 3 days from a year and like some of you have been stalled for a bit but I'm down 42 for the year and 82 overall so I guess that is OK. Still hoping for the century accomplishment but the scale has bounced on the same 3-4 lbs for months now so I suspect my only hope is a lot more exercise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what it will be like in Year two.

I want to stay strong and balanced.

If I can maintain this 85 pound loss I will be happy but still hoping for 15 more.

Dawn Marie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

I wonder what it will be like in Year two.

I want to stay strong and balanced.

If I can maintain this 85 pound loss I will be happy but still hoping for 15 more.

Dawn Marie

Hey, Dawn! Congrats on the 85-pound loss. I'll bet you drop the other 15 this year! You've done so well considering you weren't really heavy to begin with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious - for the others who just hit the one year mark - how many have had to get their gallbladder out? I had to part company with mine the day after my 1-year surgiversary. I think the stats said about 25%, but I'm curious to hear from real people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness. You had a gallbladder attack and surgery?

What were the signs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dawn Hanaphy said:

Oh my goodness. You had a gallbladder attack and surgery?

What were the signs?

I only had pain right under the sternum if I ate anything with even a minimum amount of fat. Most people also get nausea and vomiting, but I just had pain. At first, I thought it was gas because I had upped the volume of cruciferous veggies in my diet, but the pain was too high in my abdomen for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi my fellow Feb sleevers just curious as to why I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5lbs for the past 4months, anyone else experience this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/23/2019 at 06:35, Njgurl said:



Hi my fellow Feb sleevers just curious as to why I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5lbs for the past 4months, anyone else experience this too.


Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this continue for ever lol or will it stop, I'm at my goal and just want to be consistent no gain it loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/23/2019 at 07:04, Njgurl said:



Does this continue for ever lol or will it stop, I'm at my goal and just want to be consistent no gain it loss.






I don’t believe it is humanly possible to stay at a consistent weight day in and day out. So, yes, I would guess it probably will last forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sillykitty said:
1 hour ago, Njgurl said:


Does this continue for ever lol or will it stop, I'm at my goal and just want to be consistent no gain it loss.


I don’t believe it is humanly possible to stay at a consistent weight day in and day out. So, yes, I would guess it probably will last forever

I agree, This is maintenance. I seem to do this with 2 pounds. Im very grateful it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Njgurl said:

Hi my fellow Feb sleevers just curious as to why I seem to be losing and gaining the same 5lbs for the past 4months, anyone else experience this too.

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok wasn't quite sure what this meant but hoping it was maintenance.... thanks for the responses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×