Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any sleevers in their late 50's

Hi all,
Wondering about the 50+ sleevers success.
How was your recovery? Weight lose?
I'm 56 and was sleeved on December 26 2027. I had no problems and very little pain. I was back to work 1 week after surgery. I'm down 60 pounds and would like to lose about 30 more pounds. Very glad I had it done as I struggled with my weight all my life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I hope that was a typo, it's 2017 after all. In healthcare we had a premise " toileting,in advance of need" but I doubt any surgeon sleeves patients THAT FAR AHEAD,

57 here. Getting sleeve on 8/22. I was banded pre-menopause with solid success. But alas, band problems caused removal and regain.

I am aware post menopause weight loss may be considerably slower.

I am 55 and had surgey March 26, 2018. I will not lie. I was in some pretty severe pain the first day. It did get better quickly though.

I am 4.5 months out and have lost 61 pounds total (includes pre op loss) I often feel like the loss is very slow but, I don't remember a time in my life that I was able to drop 60 pounds so quickly.

I'm 53 and had my gastric sleeve 1.5 yrs ago. I lost 80 lbs pretty quick but it's been slow going ever since wondering if it's my entrance to menopause. I've been asked if I'd do it again: In a heartbeat!!

And that's not a place of sorrow. In ancient times, when few of uscsurvived that long, we were celebrated as Wise Women, a source of good consul for others. And that makes later life a valuable commodity to experience. At 72. I can testify , Grow old along with Me, the best is yet to be÷

I'm 59, was sleeved 2/26/18. I'm down exactly 80 lb. since I started the pre-op diet on 2/16/18. Can't complain! My weight loss has slowed to about a pound a week now, but it's still progress! Good luck on your journey!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

I was 56 when I had my surgery in 2011. It worked great! I lost 100 lbs to a low of 132 (it lasted about 1 day) gained 3 and was 135 for a long time. Gained 7 over the latter half of 2017 (too many cookies) and now back at 137, where I feel good and all my clothes fit.

I'm 57 and just starting the process. Waiting for approval from insurance company. I'm glad to know others my age have had success.

Having it in December , can’t wait ! Am 57 and glad to hear of the success for thosenofnyouninnuour 50’s!

My mom got her sleeve at 53 years old. She had a good 4 weeks off of work. She got to the lowest weight of 170lb, but then, due to the lack of support, she is stuck at 185lb. She definitely has bad eating habits, but it nice to see that she cannot get over 200lb. I am going to get my sleeve tomorrow, so I am hoping we can be a super team and get to a healthy, normal weight together and live a healthy lifestyle! :)

And maybe she can relearn from you, what an incredible bonding opportunity for you both!

I am 53 and will be sleeved tomorrow morning. I am so so happy to see others my age have such great success. I was banded in 2011 due to early menopause weight gain that I could not seem to lose and an uncontrollable appetite. I would eat and be able to eat again in 10 minutes. I knew what this was leading to since I seen others in my family suffer from illnesses due to obesity. I just did not want to go down that path but could not do it on my own. The band worked for a short time. I lost 50 pounds before it started giving me issues. Ultimately I just was so tired of slimming I wanted to get it revised. So here I am! I pray all of us have great success and health in the future.

Thinking of you @ Hope2. May your surgery. today (August 18) go welln and may you have a smooth event-free healing. It is always wonderful to meet new friends on here.😛