Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got approval!! Any October sleevers out there?

I just got my approval yesterday myself! So excited for this new journey! Congrats

I just got my approval yesterday myself! So excited for this new journey! Congrats
Yayyyy

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Ummyasmin, yup I know about the sugar content, glad I only had 2 of them in the house. I was told to have around 15g or less of sugar so was watching it and also had to dilute them with Water and Protein powder.

On 08/13/2018 at 19:56, sleevemebaby7781 said:

I just found out that my insurance approved surgery!! I won't be able to have surgery until October because of my work schedule. Anyway, I really wasn't getting my hopes up in case insurance didn't approve it, but now it's real omg. I'm nervous and excited and would love someone to be buddies with through this. Any takers?

I'm 37. I have 4 kids (14, 11, 4 and 2) and I'm a teacher. I am starting with a BMI of 40 exactly with no comorbidities. Anyone out there with similar stats? Even different stats but you are having surgery in October? My date is 10/4.

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

We have similar stats (not sure about your height though.. I’m 5’6 and have an 8 yr old. I have a hiatal hernia (related to weight gain) my surgery is scheduled for the 24th though.. so you’ll be way ahead of me! :)

That’s around the corner too !! I’m excited for you

Hi Ummyasmin, yup I know about the sugar content, glad I only had 2 of them in the house. I was told to have around 15g or less of sugar so was watching it and also had to dilute them with Water and Protein Powder.

Ooh what was it like diluting them with Protein powder. I'm guessing it wasn't one of the Creamy type ones?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I used GENEPRO, put a scoop of that in Water to let it disolve then add the fruit juice, was fine. Im more worried about the next 3 days on clear liquids, Ive never been a fan of black coffee but thats what Im going to have with a scoop of Protein powder and just hope thats ok or I might just leave the protein out as it will make the coffee cloudy...gotta think ahead lol

Lucky you still allowed to have coffee (I'm already weaning off caffeine and coffee is a no go for me in liquid phase before surgery and for at least a month after - likely because of my GERD)! Have you tried making cold brew coffee? I don't like plain black coffee, but cold brew is significantly less acidic and I really like it black. Its pretty easy to make.

1 hour ago, notmyname said:

Lucky you still allowed to have coffee (I'm already weaning off caffeine and coffee is a no go for me in liquid phase before surgery and for at least a month after - likely because of my GERD)! Have you tried making cold brew coffee? I don't like plain black coffee, but cold brew is significantly less acidic and I really like it black. Its pretty easy to make.

Ive gone decaff and I hate cold coffee, I will just see how it goes tomorrow with black. Im a hot tea drinker too and no milk in that is going to be awful so thats gone and Im down to clear juice, diet Powerade, broth Soups and water!..I cant wait till this is over and go back to using milk.

If its just that you don't like coffee cold (vs. don't like cold brew coffee), I heat up my cold brew in the morning. Make it on the weekends and heat up a cup every morning :)

October 26 is my surgery date.

On 2018-09-28 at 5:17 PM, BelleOfBatonRouge said:

Just got off the phone with the coordinator! October 17 at 1 pm! I feel like I won the lottery, I am so excited. My pre-op nutrition visit is this coming Monday, and then my pre-op tests and pre-op visit are Tuesday. 2 week liquid diet starts Wednesday. I’m honestly more stressed about the pre-op diet than the actual surgery.

I feel the same way!! I am nervous for the liquid diet not so much the surgery..

3 hours ago, notmyname said:

If its just that you don't like coffee cold (vs. don't like cold brew coffee), I heat up my cold brew in the morning. Make it on the weekends and heat up a cup every morning :)

I will look for that and see what its like, thanks =) Ive never had coffee without anything in it so tomorrow is going to be a first lol