Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 08/01/2018 at 17:58, Swanton_Bomb said:

I am pre-surgery. I have tried it before and I can't imagine it would be good after surgery, because it would take steel will to not eat a large meal after not eating anything all day. It sounds like it would be a path to really stretching out your sleeve.

Not my experience. I have a sleeve and I do IF here and there for various reasons. It’s not about not eating all day, it’s about limiting the window during which you eat. Say an 8 hour window and then fast the other 16. So if you delay your first “meal” till 10am and have your last meal at 6 you’re good. That’s what I do when I do IF. And it doesn’t make me any hungrier than any other time. I still stop when I’m full.

A lot of vets do it for regain and it works quite well!

So I'm still going strong with Intermittent fasting, i drink a lot more fluids these days and weight loss has picked up again. I think this can be a better reset option (along with cleaned up diet) for people stuck instead of going back to the liquid diet. Both will be challenging to someone not ready to change but this does not involve such a major change.

Edited by GreenTealael

On 8/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

@ GreenTealael I'm no longer able to walk or run for exercise. I've had a crippling condition for years that limits my mobility.

I completely understand, move what you can, as my physical therapist says...

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

I completely understand, move what you can, as my physical therapist says...

I wonder if strength training on my upper body or the lower body while seated is something I can do. I just need to avoid weight-bearing pressure on my right ankle. Did you mention that you have a physical therapy background once?

8 minutes ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

I wonder if strength training on my upper body or the lower body while seated is something I can do. I just need to avoid weight-bearing pressure on my right ankle. Did you mention that you have a physical therapy background once?

Nooooo

I see a physical therapist, perhaps YouTube will have a few tutorials without weights so there is no risk

My son and his wife do follow fasting 8-16. They do well. They are young and very active and fairly lean.
I try but ams I cant eat much. So pms are tough.

Carry on and keep trying!

2 minutes ago, Julie norton said:

My son and his wife do follow fasting 8-16. They do well. They are young and very active and fairly lean.
I try but ams I cant eat much. So pms are tough.

Carry on and keep trying!

I usually start eating at 1pm stop at 8 or 9pm. I'm still following the 30/30/30 bariatric rules also so I'm really only eating in a 4hour window. Other than that hydration from mostly tea & Water oh and one coffee w/premier

Its actually not hard because I'm so focused on hydration until meal times. It has its benefits. I can't say I'm not getting my fluids in.

Edited by GreenTealael

14 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Down to 160lbs ( but who's counting lol) resuming fast tomorrow

Congrats--only 10lbs to goal girl!!!

So are you logging? Can you give us an average day of meals for you with times/quantities or weights and daily totals please? Thanks!

59 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Congrats--only 10lbs to goal girl!!!

So are you logging? Can you give us an average day of meals for you with times/quantities or weights and daily totals please? Thanks!

Mornings:

Hydration starting around 8am: 8oz Water, 12oz tea w/stevia (3 max per day) & ~3.5oz Protein Shake, 24oz water, 11oz coffee (Italian americano) w/ 5.5 oz Protein shake (2 max per day) or 1oz half and half, 24 oz water

Afternoons:

I never eat before 1pm, sometimes I start at 2-3

No significant change in meals still doing 30/30/30

Still hydrating in between hot tea (w & w/o protein shake) unsweetened iced tea and water (foreign lol)

Yogurt with frozen blueberries cashews,walnuts, roasted Edamame, raisins, chia and hempseeds, dark chocolate chips (60% cacao and above always); watermelon, strawberries, boiled eggs on ryvita, Peanut Butter in ryvita (occasionally), protein pancake & vegan sausage (rare)

Paleo turkey bombers or lentil stew or salmon pâté wrap, or tofurky sandwich on ryvita or curry chicken salad, turkey/vegan burger wrapped in lettuce, kale salad with lemon poached salmon, sauteed kale and vegan sausage,

Cashews,pecans, walnuts or peanut & dark chocolate, Protein cookie, Protein Bar, protein chips (occasionally if I'm out and can't find suitable food choices)

MFP wont let me pull up my diary sorry but the food before and after thread is a clear visual.

I'm always 1200 or under

Carbs 70 or under, protein 90 or higher sugar 25 or lower can't remember fats

Nuts boost my calories up

Evenings:

I don't eat past 8-9 pm, drinking less tea and water (so I'm not up all night in the bathroom)

Really the only change is the ton more fluids & fasting/delay. Crazy.

Edited by GreenTealael

That's awesome girl! Your menu selections sound yum! Of course, forgot about your food pics thread! TY!

Green Tealeal, what did you mean by erasing the amount of ghrelin that has returned? Is that really something we can do? I’m about 2 months post op and when I had my period a few weeks ago, it brought on the cravings like I used to get and since then my hunger is way stronger and I crave junk food again. I don’t know how to stop it and I dread my next period. Do you have any pointers??

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Mornings:

Hydration starting around 8am: 8oz Water, 12oz tea w/stevia (3 max per day) & ~3.5oz Protein Shake, 24oz Water, 11oz coffee (Italian americano) w/ 5.5 oz Protein shake (2 max per day) or 1oz half and half, 24 oz water

Afternoons:

I never eat before 1pm, sometimes I start at 2-3

No significant change in meals still doing 30/30/30

Still hydrating in between hot tea (w & w/o Protein shake) unsweetened iced tea and water (foreign lol)

Yogurt with frozen blueberries cashews,walnuts, roasted Edamame, raisins, chia and hempseeds, dark chocolate chips (60% cacao and above always); watermelon, strawberries, boiled eggs on ryvita, Peanut Butter in ryvita (occasionally), protein pancake & vegan sausage (rare)

Paleo turkey bombers or lentil stew or salmon pâté wrap, or tofurky sandwich on ryvita or curry chicken salad, turkey/vegan burger wrapped in lettuce, kale salad with lemon poached salmon, sauteed kale and vegan sausage,

Cashews,pecans, walnuts or peanut & dark chocolate, Protein cookie, Protein Bar, protein chips (occasionally if I'm out and can't find suitable food choices)

MFP wont let me pull up my diary sorry but the food before and after thread is a clear visual.

I'm always 1200 or under

Carbs 70 or under, protein 90 or higher sugar 25 or lower can't remember fats

Nuts boost my calories up

Evenings:

I don't eat past 8-9 pm, drinking less tea and water (so I'm not up all night in the bathroom)

Really the only change is the ton more fluids & fasting/delay. Crazy.

If you are having Protein Shakes in the morning would that not break the fast, as the protein shakes have calories?

My understanding is that you can have Water, coffee, tea (no sweeteners) and Bone Broth on a fast. Not even Stevia or no calorie sweeteners because even though they have 0 calories, they still raise insulin levels and we want to keep the insulin levels low and in fat burning mode. Our body can't burn and store fat at the same time, so it's either or.