Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ride needed August 1st in Salt Lake City

Congratulations that's so exciting!! I live in NYC so Albany is a bit far!

7 minutes ago, Rileyjay1821 said:

Congratulations that's so exciting!! I live in NYC so Albany is a bit far!

at least it is in the same state... lol!

1 minute ago, macadamia said:

at least it is in the same state... lol!

Hahaha true true!!

8 hours ago, sillykitty said:

This will NOT work. You can use Uber/Lyft to get TO the hospital but not FROM. When you check-in for an EGD (or other sedation procedure), the clinician’s office will ask you for the name and number of the person taking you home. If you can’t supply this info they will most likely cancel the procedure.

2 minutes ago, MarinaGirl said:

This will NOT work. You can use Uber/Lyft to get TO the hospital but not FROM. When you check-in for an EGD (or other sedation procedure), the clinician’s office will ask you for the name and number of the person taking you home. If you can’t supply this info they will most likely cancel the procedure.

Some places might do that, but not all. Heck the hospital didn't even do this when I was sleeved.

Belong to any religious, professional or social organizations? reach out to them to see if they can help, especially religious... Or care.com to hire a caretaker for the day...

Care.com you can hire someone for the day, or for a few hours

@sillykitty and @macadamia it’s the same here where I live in south Florida, when I went for the endo, at an outpatient surgical center they had to have the name and relation of the person that brought me which was my son, they go out in the waiting room and make sure they are there when the procedure was done the nurse also walked me out to the car to make sure it was the same person and opened the car door to help me get in which I was fine and didn’t need help...that was strange to me but I use them regularly over the years for colonoscopy, etc. and it’ has been the same each time, maybe it’s the facilities insurance policy, not sure but I totally understand what @macadamia is saying. I hope you find someone.

Too bad you're not a Moose, Elk or Eagle they usually help out their own!

Care.com suggestion by another poster is a great idea. You should be able to find someone on that websight that you can pay to provide the ride.

Next Wednesday, August 1st, I have my upper endoscopy scheduled at 2:15 pm. I had a ride set up for that afternoon but now has fallen through. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone in the Salt Lake City area who would be able to pick me up from the University of Utah medical center and drop me off at my hotel a couple of miles away, please?
I am willing to pay for their help and also to let them use my car for the transportation. Please send me a private message for my phone number and additional details, if you can help out.
I really appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

edit: public transportation such as a car service, Uber, Lyft, or the hotel shuttle service are not allowed...

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

On 7/25/2018 at 7:21 PM, macadamia said:

Actually, I meant to say that they forbid the use of public transportation. I was just going to use the hotel shuttle but they said that does not work either. I've now edited my original post to include that. And I did not take your remark as snarky. I wish they would let me use one of those services.

I'm ready to hire a homeless person but I don't think I'd ever see my car again... (-:

The hospital will not release a patient to Lyft or Urber.

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice & the suggestions. I have found someone to help me out. He is the son of a friend at work. The office is going to let me give his phone number and they will call & verify him. Then, he comes to pick me up after the procedure when he gets off work.

I have officially found a ride for Wednesday in Salt Lake City. I spoke with my friend's son last evening and we worked out the details. Thanks again to everyone for their ideas and suggestions.

@macadamia Did everything work out okay? How long did you have to wait (after the procedure) before your friend's son got off work? Hope the procedure and the doctor's findings were good, too.

I was impressed with the number of great suggestions you received. Something I figured out about this site from the beginning... the advice or someone's suggestion might not help the person asking, but someone else on the board is bound to benefit from the post.

12 hours ago, Missouri-Lee's Summit said:

@macadamia Did everything work out okay? How long did you have to wait (after the procedure) before your friend's son got off work? Hope the procedure and the doctor's findings were good, too.

I was impressed with the number of great suggestions you received. Something I figured out about this site from the beginning... the advice or someone's suggestion might not help the person asking, but someone else on the board is bound to benefit from the post.

Yes, the procedure went well. The ride situation went as planned. The only issue is the doctor is concerned with the size of my liver. He said it was pressing on my stomach, more so than normally. I had a couple of more tests done on Friday, August 3rd. I should find out this week if there is an issue with my liver, other than fatty liver disease.

Thank you for asking!