Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

I have the basket type like this. I got it on BF, for like $40. It's fine for one person, maybe 2, if one has a tiny tummy like us. I think there are diminishing rewards with the bigger basket. It get deeper, but not really much wider. So it's not very useful space, IMO.

This is what I really want! Which is overkill since I'm single and live alone :lol:

http://www.powerairfryer.com/?utm_campaign=618576683&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=263232445582&utm_term=power air fryer&adgroupid=29707324237&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrszdBRDWARIsAEEYhrfYNuckQv_FdyyEjV5KzMZb3gLAhtt1vFuYUJyCanCCwmZ5RjfZp7UaAj5CEALw_wcB

That's what I want too! It's the bomb of air fryers! ::) :P:D

Hotel Breakfast buffet food

Egg white omelette with ham and cheese, watermelon, bacon, portugese sausage

494192064_omlettebefore.thumb.JPG.cd3d445b7813d6bfd02b4a49fed43648.JPG

744738245_omletteafter.thumb.JPG.e2cc572908bb18b8d6751efd89e2f959.JPG

15 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Hotel Breakfast buffet food

Egg white omelette with ham and cheese, watermelon, bacon, portugese sausage

494192064_omlettebefore.thumb.JPG.cd3d445b7813d6bfd02b4a49fed43648.JPG

744738245_omletteafter.thumb.JPG.e2cc572908bb18b8d6751efd89e2f959.JPG

So, honestly, they weren't ALL bad choices! Plus, these look delish!

I'm not posting any more pics of my high crimes and misdemeanors in Tampa. The wine & grapes pic provided the basics. 😎 It only went downhill from there.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Got to get you back home to Texas before the high crimes in Tampa catch,up with you! 🍝🍕🍛🍤🍔🍹🍰🎂

36 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Got to get you back home to Texas before the high crimes in Tampa catch,up with you! 🍝🍕🍛🍤🍔🍹🍰🎂

I got home Saturday morning. 😭

14 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

So, honestly, they weren't ALL bad choices! Plus, these look delish!

Healthy choices were such a minority, I consider them a rounding error! :lol:

delete

Edited by MIZ60

technical difficulty

Edited by MIZ60

I have so many questions and comments and you guys seem so awesome- you're all killing it! I am currently on day 7 of my 14 day pre-op liquid diet. Tomorrow I start Clear Liquids only and VSG is next Wednesday, October 17, at 1 pm (also super cranky that I didn't get a morning surgery time because my lips are going to be CHAPPED going all morning without water).

When I first found out my program is 4 weeks of mashables (thats what they call puree/mashed/soft foods. If I can tear it up with a fork and its moist I can eat it) I was frustrated I wouldn't be able to try real food until after week 6. Now, all I am doing is fantasizing about my mashable foods and all of the options.

Now for the questions and comments:

Did anyone not like cottage cheese start to like it after surgery? I have always disliked cottage cheese, to the point I haven't tried it in years and now dont even know if I genuinely dislike it because the last time I tried it I was a kid.

Do Beans count as Protein or as a vegetable or as a starch?

Whoever showed a slice of turkey with a slice of cheese melted inside, you are brilliant. That is so simple and looks so good.
Now I am craving chicken salad in a romaine lettuce leaf. I dont even want the sandwich bread right now.

I am also craving "burrito bowls." In my head thats mashed beans, moist chicken (made in the crockpot with salsa until moist and shredded, most likely), lime juice, plain greek yogurt, and maybe some salsa verde. In my head that sounds like a good meal with good protein and low carb (knowing my 2 tablespoons at a time limit) - is my head wrong?

Also this liquid diet made me get my period which I was not expecting and my teacher just told me to hang in there and now I am crying in the library (I am a law student) for reasons I don't fully understand. Hormones + liquids only is not fun.

Also @GreenTealael your part omelet part frittata concoction has inspired future me- make that, slice it up into new WLS portions, and then quick and easy breakfasts in the morning! Hopefully I am not one of the people who has trouble with eggs, but if I do I will adjust and conquer!

1 minute ago, BelleOfBatonRouge said:

Also @GreenTealael your part omelet part frittata concoction has inspired future me- make that, slice it up into new WLS portions, and then quick and easy breakfasts in the morning! Hopefully I am not one of the people who has trouble with eggs, but if I do I will adjust and conquer!

Most "omelette-y" type foods can also be made in muffin tins to make portioning easier. 😉

Sorry you're so stressed out. It will get better and there are a lot of options once you get to the "mashed" stage.

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

Most "omelette-y" type foods can also be made in muffin tins to make portioning easier. 😉

Sorry you're so stressed out. It will get better and there are a lot of options once you get to the "mashed" stage.

Omg this is such a good idea too.

is the regular muffin tin to big (usually)? Should I buy a mini muffin tin?

1 minute ago, BelleOfBatonRouge said:

Omg this is such a good idea too.

is the regular muffin tin to big (usually)? Should I buy a mini muffin tin?

I'd try with the regular first before I buy anything special. You may end up hating eggs, after all.

Image may contain: <a href=food and indoor" src="https://www.bariatricpal.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43395116_10217041892502670_4940029675431788544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111%26oh=9ba1c3baddca6f501d4c37aba303f783%26oe=5C190D0D&key=42417975ba3d7da414c98634958d16b01381bb6035d0a748f4ef11d182943d15" data-imageproxy-source="https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/43395116_10217041892502670_4940029675431788544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&oh=9ba1c3baddca6f501d4c37aba303f783&oe=5C190D0D" />