Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Completely burnt out on my own cooking. Was craving some authentic ethnic food.

Dim sum

image-0.0029802322387695312.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

I want to order out so bad... I haven’t in weeks because I’m a paranoid chicken and I don’t want to catch Covid.

Hubby made these delicious pancakes for us this Sunday morning combining egg, cottage cheese, vanilla extract and oatmeal in blender. I added a dabble of real Vermont maple Syrup and cantaloupe. Leftover pancakes heat up really well for another great meal like a creative sandwich. ;]

IMG_3563.jpeg

IMG_3566.jpeg

We had an unusually violent storm hit late this afternoon... Hail pellets hit loudly against our large kitchen windows while I was making the herb chicken and wild rice Soup recommended by Silly Kitty. Needless to say, the soup was a resounding success making a big bang for dinner tonight! Haha. Made it with baby spinach instead of chard. Yum!

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3594.jpeg

IMG_3577.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

the herb chicken and wild rice Soup recommended by Silly Kitty. Needless to say, the Soup was a resounding success making a big bang for dinner tonight! Haha. Made it with baby spinach instead of chard. Yum!

IMG_3577.jpeg

IMG_3579.jpeg

Ohhh Yummm!!! :D beautiful job Sophie... Hope the storm wasn't damaging for you guys!!

If/When it finally cools down a bit here in Brisbane will be making this soup... love all the ingredients!

4 hours ago, MsMocie said:

It looks a lill' messy, but this is honestly one of the best things I know; cottage cheese with banana, strawberries and a little real vanilla! Simple, yummy, and it has Protein, carbs, minerals, Vitamins, fat. Low kcal. Basically all the good stuff

😘

Pro tip: cottage cheese can be used for basically anything. Low fat, high Protein, if you don't like the lumps, just mash it to creamy.

20200427_173503.jpg

Yum! One of my favorites... I love fresh blueberries and slivered almonds + cinnamon, too. I usually have this several times a week. Also, love pineapple tidbits and banana mix. I am not a yogurt fan. So, Breakstone 2% low-fat - 45% less sodium cottage cheese small curd is a go to staple. What brand do you like?

Its, been a while, but glad to see one of my fave threads still going strong with so much deliciousness. I LOVE looking at pictures of food. Is that weird? LOL.

You guys have stepped up your plating game!

I've basically stuck to eating my go to meal 95% of the time: salads with stuff on top, here's some. I know, I know, kinda boring...but DELICIOUS. I heart salad 4-ever.

C695EAB2-332E-40E5-860B-3E7B7E3B9C3A.thumb.JPG.2d442eadf4ff22932eb23e7e76a7206c.JPG

The other 5% of the time, I may eat some of what I made for the fam. Here was last night's dinner: Sweet potato and corn chowder w/ crispy bacon topping:

3B145CEA-6CD1-46D0-AC84-185EE379075D.thumb.JPG.72488e49dcee0ed7177078ab2564ffa8.JPG

Fierce hailstone storm yesterday produced this wonderful spring like day! Windows wide open with a splendid breeze. Savoring every moment before the tropical heat waves and hurricane season begins. Speaking of savoring, delish sandwich for lunch today with Sunday's Protein pancake leftovers... Happy Monday fellow foodies! ;]

IMG_3615.jpeg

IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3613.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Its, been a while, but glad to see one of my fave threads still going strong with so much deliciousness. I LOVE looking at pictures of food. Is that weird? LOL.

I've basically stuck to eating my go to meal 95% of the time: salads with stuff on top, here's some. I know, I know, kinda boring...but DELICIOUS. I heart salad 4-ever.

C695EAB2-332E-40E5-860B-3E7B7E3B9C3A.thumb.JPG.2d442eadf4ff22932eb23e7e76a7206c.JPG

The other 5% of the time, I may eat some of what I made for the fam. Here was last night's dinner: Sweet potato and corn chowder w/ crispy bacon topping:

3B145CEA-6CD1-46D0-AC84-185EE379075D.thumb.JPG.72488e49dcee0ed7177078ab2564ffa8.JPG

Yay! My favorite gal is back for a visit... Salads boring, NEVER! I eat one a day and yours look gorgeously delicious. I'm coming over for lunch sometime. Haha. What is your favored dressing shown here? Hubs and myself would LOVE this Soup. Might you share the recipe? Fresh sweet potatoes are a staple at our place. We mix it in Bobby's kibble everyday, too. And, his favorite apple pumpkin Snacks by Fruitables. Spring sprung yet?

IMG_3523.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

Yay! My favorite gal is back for a visit... Salads boring, NEVER! I eat one a day and yours look gorgeously delicious. I'm coming over for lunch sometime. Haha. What is your favored dressing shown here? Hubs and myself would LOVE this Soup. Might you share the recipe? Fresh sweet potatoes are a staple at our place. We mix it in Bobby's kibble everyday, too. And, his favorite apple pumpkin Snacks by Fruitables. Spring sprung yet?

IMG_3523.jpeg

Ah, I've missed seeing pics of Robert & Bobby (adorbs!!!). Like I have always said, if you are EVER in my neck of the woods, I'm taking you out for dinner/drinks. Or salad. Or take pictures of salad. Or play dress-up. LOL.

I always use the same dressing on all my salads: a vinaigrette a make by the litre: lemon juice + ACV + Braggs' Soy + Sesame Oil + sweetener. I could drink this stuff alone (and I have been know to do so when there is some left in my bowl, lol).

And YES! Spring is finally here to stay (it totally snowed here a week and a half ago!). Soooo glad. Now if only Corona would go away so I can wear some spring dresses out the door....

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Please tell me there is a (vegetarian) recipe for that chowder

*oh & please let it be simple enough for my BF to make w/o my help 😂*

3 hours ago, Sophie7713 said:

Hubs and myself would LOVE this Soup. Might you share the recipe?

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Please tell me there is a (vegetarian) recipe for that chowder

*oh & please let it be simple enough for my BF to make w/o my help 😂*

Just leave out the bacon topping, sub the chicken stock with mushroom or vegetable broth, and voila! It's vegetarian! (and yes, its so easy BF can totally do it solo, lol)

Edited to add: you could probably also make it vegan if you lose the cream...i think it would still be creamy without it if you cook the sweet potatoes longer?

The. Recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/geoffrey-zakarian/sweet-potato-and-corn-chowder-4662171

Edited by ms.sss

We're glad you're back! And I will have to just love your salads visually since they make me sick

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just leave out the bacon topping, sub the chicken stock with mushroom or vegetable broth, and voila! It's vegetarian! (and yes, its so easy BF can totally do it solo, lol)

Edited to add: you could probably also make it vegan if you lose the cream...i think it would still be creamy without it if you cook the sweet potatoes longer?

The. Recipe:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/geoffrey-zakarian/sweet-potato-and-corn-chowder-4662171

The. Recipe:

Okay, then. Let the lock down cook-off begin Ms. Greentealeal! I'll make the original recipe less the bacon and you make a vegetarian version? I still have all the fresh herbs left from chicken and rice Soup recipe Sunday. Let's put on those domestic diva aprons and post sweet potato and corn chowder creations. Anyone else care to join in? Fun! Inspired now for my one exciting excursion out a week: The grocery market. Haha.