Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessional - Lets post our cheats/confessions/etc so others can see that we are all human

On 07/03/2019 at 11:21, Sheribear68 said:

Okay so I got on the scale this morning and I’m actually DOWN 1.4 pounds from Saturday morning.

This is huge because there are seriously weeks where I only lose 1-2 pounds in 7 days so to lose my “normal” after eating what was probably at least 150-200 gm carb in a single day (I usually don’t go over 25gm daily) felt like I cheated the diet gods.

Since this is the first time in almost 5 months that I’ve slipped, I’m trying my best to not beat myself up over it.

I had my highest carb day today too and it was mostly all sugar. I’m 3 1/2 months out and ordered a Starbucks coffee that had 160 calories. I logged it and THEN after tasting it thought wow this is pretty sweet. It had 30 grams of sugar!!! I had no dumping and really no ill effects. I kind of wish I did!

On 07/03/2019 at 21:42, mandalynn0633 said:

No shame. I licked pizza sauce off a slice of pizza my kid didn’t eat. Lol I’m doing my full liquid diet for my surgery on the 16th and I’m already bored by broth and Jello lol
Lol.... yeah that’s technically “liquid”

I ate Taco Bell a few days ago, mind you it was a taco. Thats it. But still the internet food police would have you believe you'll die if you eat fast food. I absolutely do not make it a habit and Im still losing weight. Went to a bbq last night and ate Doritos and 1/2 a hamburger patty with cheese. Its all about balance.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, Wendums said:

Last week on my way to drop off my son at Camp Wakonda we stopped and picked him up some Mc Donalds along the way. He usually finishes his food so I had no worries. But this time he left like 1/3 of his fries in the car alone with me for the drive home. Now I've been so good at not ordering myself anything from Micky D's and resisting the temptation of stealing fries from him. But for some reason, maybe it was being all alone with them, I caved. I ate them all. It was so good. The grease, the salt, the starch. Unfortunately my stomach wasn't too happy with my decision. The whole hour and a half drive home I was completely miserable with abdominal pain and nausea. Never again!

I wish fries made me sick but they sit just fine in my stomach! :( I think I've had fries maybe 3x and wont make it a habit but yeah. I wish stuff made me sick and pretty much nothing does

Im 3 wks po and was so sick of Water i drank a 12 oz soda. Took like an hour but no problem with my stomach just the guilt knowing that I had 150 empty calories.

I don't even like reg.pepsi I am a diet Pepsi drinker. But that's what was available.

I am in month 3 post and had popcorn at the movies and a little birthday cake/cookie on my sons 4th birthday last week. Got to experience how “slider foods” are, because I was able to eat way more popcorn than I should have. Probably had a few cups during Toy Story 4. But I was consciously making that decision. Won’t make it a habit.

This whole idea of cheats doesn't really sit well with me. I do eat 'unnecessary' foods, but just in very small amounts - small enough for me to still lose weight. I can eat 5 or 6 chocolate buttons without wanting to binge on them. For me, if there are forbidden foods, I feel like I'm 'on a diet' and that mindset has always failed for me in the past...I have a tendency to rebel!

I know my Achilles heel is alcohol, so that is what I avoid, apart from special social occasions. It's a balance that seems to be working for me...if it doesn't in the future, then I'll change it!

ps When I do drink alcohol on special occasions, I am extremely naughty and then I unexpectedly lose weight the next day - I bet it's dehydration! 😲😀