Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today is my last day of this diet. Gotta say I did wind up cheating but not on junk. There were 3 meals that I had a bigger portion of Protein than the 3oz suggested with the diet. It was the 3 day that I ate steak. It was to good to not have just a bit more. But in my defense I stayed under 800 calories on most days and stayed below 900 calories on the days I cheated. I also did not have the Snacks allowed on almost all of the diet, even the freebies were minimal. Pickles were my go to but there were 3 days at the beginning of the diet that I had salad greens (both freebies).

Good luck everyone!!!

I find it so strange to learn how each doctor is so different with their pre-op diets. I do understand that every patient is different, but how doctors all differ so much boggles my mind. My doctor requires 1 week of liquid diet (clear liquids day before surgery). My meal plan that week is- 3 Protein Shakes , 64 oz Water, 1 yogurt (no chunks) and 1 sugar free Jello. I can add some broth if i want. my liquid diet starts on Monday.

I'm jealous that i cant have cheese or salad, or anything else!

Rant over, thanks :)

It is crazy. My NUT drew up a moc diet plan for one week. Each day covered a different meal, Breakfast lunch and dinner. There were things on her diet, like cheese, that were not included on the other paperwork she gave me with what was ok to eat for the diet.

I’ve cheated the whole time but I still have 1 more week..I’m ashamed but the doctor did say that was going to stop the surgery

Cheating is going to stop the surgery?

Didn’t cheat...but thought about it

I am on Protein Shakes and found myself hungry as well, it was recommended by someone on this site to freeze them, and it works I can't even finish it. Surgery is July 18th.

I'm going into week 3 of no starches (we go 3 weeks before surgery with my doc) and leave for a cruise tomorrow!!! no drinking and no starches will test my willpower...and I'm vegan so my food choices will be limited :)

On 07/13/2018 at 14:45, pumpkinlocks said:

I am on Protein Shakes and found myself hungry as well, it was recommended by someone on this site to freeze them, and it works I can't even finish it. Surgery is July 18th.

Do they turn to ice or slush? Can you freeze a ready made one from the store like premier?

Wow, my surgeon only required 24 hours of liquid diet before my surgery! I don’t know how well I could have done for multiple weeks. Good luck to everyone!

Day 8 for me. My cheats so far: on days 4 and 6 I had a small piece of cheese (less than one ounce). Yesterday and Friday (day 5) I had a slim Jim. Initially my plan was to just suck on but not eat the slim Jim...unsurprisingly that’s not how it worked out. I did count the calories and still stayed under the 1000 calorie limit on the days I had those cheats!

My pre-op diet is shakes for all three meals and I’m allowed two Snacks per day of broth, fat free low sugar yogurt (1/2 cup), fat free cottage cheese (1/2 cup), sugar free pudding, sugar free popsicles, calorie free drinks like Vitamin Water. And no caffeine.

It was so very hard! But, just think of it as Oreo for post op. Because you’ll be on that same diet post op. You won’t have hunger pains, but your brain! Your brain, will still want food.

Surgery tomorrow so today is clear liquid only, The last 10 days have been tough, I was supposed to be on shakes, SF Jello, SF popcicles, and broth but I cheated with dill pickels and a couple of small salads. I stayed under 700 calories everyday but at times the headaches got me and I caved, At least I lost 10 lbs so that was good.

I am so ready to get through the surgery and onto the other side!