Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

6 days post op today! Doing great

I had the sleeve on July 10th. Eating puréed foods now. Slowly losing. Swallowing fine. Looking forward to losing a lot more in the months ahead. Been relatively good process since surgery but I’m having trouble stomaching the chewable vitamins. Working on something else.

I had the sleeve on July 10th. Eating puréed foods now. Slowly losing. Swallowing fine. Looking forward to losing a lot more in the months ahead. Been relatively good process since surgery but I’m having trouble stomaching the chewable vitamins. Working on something else.

Same here with regard to the chewable vitamins. I have been liquefying my Vitamins by crushing them and adding a little Water.

I bought the Unjury chewable vitamins and I can’t tolerate how sweet they are.... it’s like a sweet tart candy which would normally be great. However, post sleeve my tastebuds can’t handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my post op appointment today. They said everything was great! I have some weirdness from having a surgery like toe numbness- but they didn’t think it was from this surgery specifically and may be from laying on the table weird or whatever. They prescribed some b1 Vitamins in case it is due to a Vitamin deficiency.

I am down 17lbs since day of surgery, 29lbs down from when I got home from the hospital.

Has anyone else not been given a goal weight? I forgot to ask if they had one for me. Personal goal would be 170lbs (which is probably still overweight for my height!).

I can have cottage cheese, yogurt, ricotta, and eggs starting tomorrow. I just made up some egg salad and had a teeny taste and can’t wait for my teeny tiny teaspoon of it tomorrow!!! 😬😬😬

Had my post op appointment today and everything is going good. I’m down 19lbs from date of surgery which is great. Was told I could start purée and soft diet I tried a very little egg salad and boy ohh boy my tummy didn’t like that at all. Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow. I was able to have some banana baby food it caused a little discomfort but was better to tolerate. I only hope it’s not like this moving forward.

I can’t wait to have my egg next week. This has been the longest week ever lol

July 16 was my surgery! Almost 2 weeks post-op!

Tay joining tomorrow ready

2 days post op (: doing good, walking a lot, moving a lot & drinking fluids.. but gas pain is still out and about .. farted for the first time since surgery today! It felt great, hopefully the gas pain should ease up.. feel it in my shoulder and stomach :(

On 07/27/2018 at 07:14, mercmerc said:

2 days post op (: doing good, walking a lot, moving a lot & drinking fluids.. but gas pain is still out and about .. farted for the first time since surgery today! It felt great, hopefully the gas pain should ease up.. feel it in my shoulder and stomach :(
same here! surgery was 7/25. yesterday i was in pretty bad pain (mostly gas pains though) and it helped so much to walk around. still feeling my gas pains in my neck and shoulders though, i’ve only been able to burp.

On 07/27/2018 at 08:28, saygrace said:

same here! surgery was 7/25. yesterday i was in pretty bad pain (mostly gas pains though) and it helped so much to walk around. still feeling my gas pains in my neck and shoulders though, i’ve only been able to burp.
I know the pain, my shoulder gas is so painful, just keep walking and try to push out the farts what seemed to help is drinking before walking and drinking after. The only pain I have is the gas pain

On 07/27/2018 at 09:36, mercmerc said:

I know the pain, my shoulder gas is so painful, just keep walking and try to push out the farts what seemed to help is drinking before walking and drinking after. The only pain I have is the gas pain
yeah my pain right now is pretty much just gas pains. i’ll keep trying to go on walks! how are you feeling otherwise!

On 07/27/2018 at 09:38, saygrace said:

yeah my pain right now is pretty much just gas pains. i’ll keep trying to go on walks! how are you feeling otherwise!
I feel great! I was up and walking an hour after surgery, straight and been drinking my Water. To be 2 days post op I feel really good, once these gas pains go away i'll feel way better.. hopefully I can get some sleep cause with the pain I couldn't/can't

On 07/27/2018 at 09:38, saygrace said:

What about you? How are you feeling?

On 07/27/2018 at 09:40, mercmerc said:

What about you? How are you feeling?
pretty good! i didn’t get up that fast after surgery but after my first night i felt much better. really only is gas pains at this point, im having my mom bring by gas x strips but i can go home today