Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

I day post op! The gas pain is unbearable

On 07/26/2018 at 02:33, mercmerc said:

I day post op! The gas pain is unbearable
I’m sorry you are in pain? Are they administering your pain meds and also giving you gas x? I had one nurse let me suffer an entire day, she kept giving me gas x but no pain meds and I felt like I was going to explode! Make sure they are giving you what you need! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

On 07/26/2018 at 02:38, ALFxRNY said:

I’m sorry you are in pain? Are they administering your pain meds and also giving you gas x? I had one nurse let me suffer an entire day, she kept giving me gas x but no pain meds and I felt like I was going to explode! Make sure they are giving you what you need! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
They said they have nothing for gas just walking. But pain meds are tylenol oxy and other

On 07/26/2018 at 02:40, mercmerc said:

They said they have nothing for gas just walking. But pain meds are tylenol oxy and other
They had gas x on hand at the hospital when I had mine done 4 weeks ago. But I suggest buying some gas x when you get home. It and walking does help with the gas relief. Your tummy will be swollen for a few days

I'm glad YLime started this, now when my Bari-Buds have their surgeries and disappear I now know where to find them!😛🌟😛

On 07/26/2018 at 03:04, Frustr8 said:

I'm glad YLime started this, now when my Bari-Buds have their surgeries and disappear I now know where to find them!😛🌟😛
Countdown until your kangaroo days!!!

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Plan to pre-bounce right through August to my goal.😛🌈😛

I asked for gas-x or something similar when I was in hospital and they told me they do not give that out. So I only had pain meds. I did walk but not much due to back issues that limit that. I found deep slow breaths with my head looking upward and next extended helped the gas release either with burps or just air bubbles popping. Hope gas pain does not last long for you, just know it does get better in time. Sorry to hear your having these troubles. Good Luck.

I had gas pain in the hospital as well and mine did not give out gas-x either. I used some when I got home, though. The days in the hospital were tough, but I am 9 days post op and can tell you it gets better soon!

After leaving the hospital I had really bad gas pains and I got Gas x chewable and it has helped but sometimes I still get really bad gas that causes cramping I am 8 days post op. Hope it will get better with time.

07/25/2018 12:50 PM, Lioness815 said:

This is the carry-all I got on Amazon. It carries portioned meals. pills. shakes, everything. And keeps them cool all day. I love it. http://a.co/8jDsGQU

I love this!! Going to order one for myself

I actually brought my own stash of gas x to the hospital. Did ask permission from doc to take them, which he encourage, plus lots of walking.

Congratulations to all those that have had surgeries. Here's to a speedy recovery!!

Had my surgery yesterday! Surprise surprise, a had a really bad Hernia that had to be repaired before they do my sleeve!
But I’m doing great! Some pain but from the hernia repair, but otherwise doing well! Sipping liquids .
Walked three times since yesterday!
They are good at my hospital to get your pain meds to you!
I’m so excited to begin this new journey!
Hope everyone who have had their surgeries are doing well!😘😊

Update: 23 days post op. Life is almost back to normal. Still a little pain where I pulled a stitch but tolerable. Still in my stall, BUT inches are still coming off!!! So big advice, measure yourself because when you hit the stall (according to the scale) you're body is still working and may be inches going away or muscle building. Just trying not to be discouraged because this is a lifestyle change! Plus, not hungry and my food portions are so small it actually amazes me that I'm actually able to live on this. I also notice how much food governs our day to day activities and having to plan ahead when I go out (ex went to a Renaissance Faire and packed my bag of goodies. Looked at Faire foods, nothing I could eat (not paying $10 for a turkey leg that I'm only getting a bite out of) so ate what I brought). Also, sleeping in bed, finally!!!

58 minutes ago, sdcheesehead said:
21 hours ago, Lioness815 said:

This is the carry-all I got on Amazon. It carries portioned meals. pills. shakes, everything. And keeps them cool all day. I love it. http://a.co/8jDsGQU

I love this!! Going to order one for myself

It's the best!