Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 04 ? 10 November

Which week are you running this week?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which week are you running this week?

Thanks for all the birthday greetings. You guys are great! I got a JCPenney gift card from my Aunt who knows I have NO Clothes that fit me. I bought my new sweaters and shirts in (drumroll please).....the Misses department!!!! Last time I bought clothes in Miisses sizes was more than 29 years ago after a crash diet (which immediately came back of course). I remember wearing size 18 pants in eighth grade so you can imagine how awesome it feels.

What a great NSV trystelle! That must be such a great feeling...

Ok, I feel like such a loser, and not in a good way. I had to come back early from my workout today because I could not finish it. Ugh. I feel like I did before I actually worked out.

I don't know what happened but I started workout 3 of week 3. Did the 90 sec run. Felt good. Actually, I felt like I was going really slow and that I could have gone much faster. I didn't. I kept pace and I actually felt really good. I felt like a runner. I started the 90 second walk. Felt good. Started the 3 min run. Didn't feel so good. I was good for about 1 min into it, then all of a sudden my heart rate jumped up from 155 to 175, sweat started to pour, and I felt super nauseous. I finished the run and decided to do the 3 min walk to see if things got better. Running wise, I felt good, no joint pain, back pain, heel spur in check, but I was just so nauseous and sweaty, so much more sweaty than usual (usually I'm pretty damn sweaty). Finished the 3 min walk and decided to do the next 90 sec run. Did 60 seconds and decided to quit. I finished with a 5 min walk at the end, but didn't do the 2nd 3 min run. I don't know what happened tonight. Usually I feel really good when I workout. Has this happened to anyone??? It really sucks, because I totally didn't want to go, then I came on here, and was sooooo motivated. Then I couldn't do it anyways. I kinda feel like I should have just stayed home.....

I should have added....I ate beforehand, I usually do. But I ate a little more than usual, and didn't wait as long. I just thought about that now. Could that be the problem?

I think it could definately be the problem with the nausea but I can't figure out why that would make your heart rate go up. Maybe try again without eating and if you have a similar problem talk to your doctor about it.

only to get my big bottom off the couch ... :confused:

where is Whos??

HEY! You have been missing me!! Thats so nice

! I been crazy busy on the road.

JM i am repeating week 3 this week. did it on Monday Morning and i will try to fit it twice more this week , my knee has been much better.

Hey did u see a British woman won the NYC marathon! im so proud!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it my ladies!!!!

Ok, I feel like such a loser, and not in a good way. I had to come back early from my workout today because I could not finish it. Ugh. I feel like I did before I actually worked out.

I don't know what happened but I started workout 3 of week 3. Did the 90 sec run. Felt good. Actually, I felt like I was going really slow and that I could have gone much faster. I didn't. I kept pace and I actually felt really good. I felt like a runner. I started the 90 second walk. Felt good. Started the 3 min run. Didn't feel so good. I was good for about 1 min into it, then all of a sudden my heart rate jumped up from 155 to 175, sweat started to pour, and I felt super nauseous. I finished the run and decided to do the 3 min walk to see if things got better. Running wise, I felt good, no joint pain, back pain, heel spur in check, but I was just so nauseous and sweaty, so much more sweaty than usual (usually I'm pretty damn sweaty). Finished the 3 min walk and decided to do the next 90 sec run. Did 60 seconds and decided to quit. I finished with a 5 min walk at the end, but didn't do the 2nd 3 min run. I don't know what happened tonight. Usually I feel really good when I workout. Has this happened to anyone??? It really sucks, because I totally didn't want to go, then I came on here, and was sooooo motivated. Then I couldn't do it anyways. I kinda feel like I should have just stayed home.....

JM!!! I jjust read this...DONT fret it! You did good lady!!! i had to quit b4 and i felt like a loser too cas of my knee. just get right back at it...i think with us being so new this is going to happen sometimes! dont worry about it Miss Cambra!!! you keep at it...your very insperational for me!!!

I will be home all day Friday (thank goddness) so im going to probablydo workout 2 then and workout 3 on sat.

I don't know what happened but I started workout 3 of week 3. Did the 90 sec run. Felt good. Actually, I felt like I was going really slow and that I could have gone much faster. I didn't. I kept pace and I actually felt really good. I felt like a runner. I started the 90 second walk. Felt good. Started the 3 min run. Didn't feel so good. I was good for about 1 min into it, then all of a sudden my heart rate jumped up from 155 to 175, sweat started to pour, and I felt super nauseous. I finished the run and decided to do the 3 min walk to see if things got better. Running wise, I felt good, no joint pain, back pain, heel spur in check, but I was just so nauseous and sweaty, so much more sweaty than usual (usually I'm pretty damn sweaty). Finished the 3 min walk and decided to do the next 90 sec run. Did 60 seconds and decided to quit. I finished with a 5 min walk at the end, but didn't do the 2nd 3 min run. I don't know what happened tonight. Usually I feel really good when I workout. Has this happened to anyone??? It really sucks, because I totally didn't want to go, then I came on here, and was sooooo motivated. Then I couldn't do it anyways. I kinda feel like I should have just stayed home....

I should have added....I ate beforehand, I usually do. But I ate a little more than usual, and didn't wait as long. I just thought about that now. Could that be the problem?

the only time that's happened to me (nausea, sweats, etc) is when i didnt get enough cals in me ...

did you maybe eat too much and were about to maybe PB? were you sliming? the slime would make me feel like crap...

dont worry about it - take it easy for a day or two. how many days were you running in a row? if more than every other day, maybe cut it down

whos - of course you've been missed!! hope your trip is going well

Thanks KarenG.

Losing, I know I ate plenty of calories today, and I did eat prior to running, but I gave myself about 20 minutes, and everything went down fine so it wasn't that. I'm going to call it a fluke. This is the first time running since saturday so its not that either. I'll try again tomorrow. I see the trainer for an hour, but I'll get it in before that. If I get the same feeling, I'll let her know, see what she thinks....thanks for responding, I love your advice, always things I never think of!

Nice truck Daddy...Looks like a really cute town though!

JM i am repeating week 3 this week. did it on Monday Morning and i will try to fit it twice more this week , my knee has been much better.

Hey did u see a British woman won the NYC marathon! im so proud!

I MISS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it my ladies!!!!

By the way, I'm soooo glad that you are doing week 3 with me. I felt like I could have gone to week 4, but after this episode I'm glad I stayed. My trainer wants to see me 3 times this week, so I may only get to do it twice this week again. But that's ok, 4 workouts for week 3 should be good enough for me to get to week 4. I guess I'll have to see what happens.

Oh yeah...I was reading today about Katie Holmes and how she ran the marathon and I think that it is so awesome that JulieNYC ran in the same marathon and came in an hour under her. I am so proud of her, and hope that next year I'll be close to or in the same position. Go Julie!:whoo:

By the way, I'm soooo glad that you are doing week 3 with me. I felt like I could have gone to week 4, but after this episode I'm glad I stayed. My trainer wants to see me 3 times this week, so I may only get to do it twice this week again. But that's ok, 4 workouts for week 3 should be good enough for me to get to week 4. I guess I'll have to see what happens.

Oh yeah...I was reading today about Katie Holmes and how she ran the marathon and I think that it is so awesome that JulieNYC ran in the same marathon and came in an hour under her. I am so proud of her, and hope that next year I'll be close to or in the same position. Go Julie!:whoo:

Yeah i was also really glad to see you are doing week 3 also.

i am probably going to do it on Friday and Sat again this week as ill be home Thur night.

JM,

Can I just say that for some reasons tough runs happen. a few months ago when I ran my 10 km the only way to describe it was ugly... I had trained well and it should have been fine but oh it was so not. I have talked to a lot of my running friends and sometimes for no reasons days are just like that. Some days my short run feels like crap and then two days later my long run is fun and easy?????

I am heading out the for 35 minute intervals... it is cold (-8 degrees- I live in the Arctic) so this will be a tough one.

As I read these stories of perseverance I am so proud to be part of this entire group.

Dawn

Banded Arpil 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/158/148

Hi Losing me...you look great! I saw your pics on the before/during spot and you really look good.

My typical running week is very regimented. Now I have had to build to this, but here is where I am after running for 1 year...

Sunday- fun run just for me... no time... no pressure... I take my pokey puppy and we have fun

Monday- off

Tuesday- 5km - as fast as I can - I do not stop and this is my least favourite run... it is the hardest in intensity. I usually do it around 27:30 (my first 5 km was 38:20... so improvement does come)

Wednesday- off

Thursday - 35 minutes of interval training, run easy pace for 5 minutes and then 30 seconds really fast (this usually ends up being a total run of 6km give or take)

Friday-off

Saturday- distance run,depending on what I am building up to. Right now I am training for a 1/2 marathon on December 2nd, so this Saturday my run will be 19 km... I never add more than a km a week.

When I am not training for an event, I keep everything the same except my long run alternates between 10km and 15 km... that way I still burn the calories (can you believe 1400 calories last week for my 18 km run!!) and am able to quickly gear up for a long event if I want to.

You guys are so impressive. You are the ones who want this and therefore you will succeed!!!

Good luck!!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/158/148

my run today was ehhh ... i guess i was fatigued. my last 3 minute run i actually held on to the sides of the dreadmill for a little bit of it.

**sigh** i still averaged 4.0-4.1 MPH for the entire time (warm up/cool down included) so its not bad, but i just feel exhausted. :)

dawn - that is a great routine! how many cals do you eat on your running days? do you use any gels or anything?

thanks!

C