Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 04 ? 10 November

Which week are you running this week?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which week are you running this week?

MOrning all...

I am here stalling but I know I need to get out and do my run in the next few minutes to fit it in before I pick up the girls from school this afternoon.

Thanks so much for all of your encouragement. It is a great feeling to have all of your support.

Sweethot-you are my girl and I love that you brought the c25k to our steady thread. It was great to be reminded that I can run. it has been months, but I am glad I am picking it back up. Thanks!

Losing-btw, I am loving those latte shakes. I think of you whenever I have one.

Trystelle-way to go on the misses clothes. Feels so good doesn't it?

Delta-not braggy at all! It is nice to see what we can do if we stick to it. I appreciate the encouragement.

Whosya-love the picture! You are a ray of sunshine!

JmCambra-glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the nausea. Weird, huh? It must have been a fluke. Take care!

JM - thanks for the welcome :confused: I have to say though now I am really worried, the cross trainer half killed me today!! LOL

I dont know what made you go all yucky, is there a chance that you are coming down with something? I wouldnt beat yourself up though, some days when I am doing resistance training I feel on top of the world, and other days it feels like my muscles are on fire and they weight ten times as much. there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

Good luck with the rest of the program!

Nina x

Thanks Kaydotrn and Nina...I think it was a fluke. I told my trainer about it today and she shrugged it off and said that sometimes that happens to her. Weird...

Thanks for the running breakdown Delta...I'm also curious what your eating is like!

I accidently deleted my week 4 run from my ipod when I was syncing it yesterday. I was so sad this morning when I got to the park. What I did instead was find songs that were 3 or 5 minutes long. I think it worked ok but my second 5 minute run was only 4 1/2 mins. Close enough. It was FREEZING this morning 36 degrees.

sounds like it worked out well, Karen. Great job!!

how was the 5 minute run? do you do it 2x ? i think i will be running week 3 next week as well. the 3 minute run has just been so tough!

i am going to try an outdoor run tomorrow... yay!

Hi Losin,

The five minute run was suprisingly easier than I thought it would be. Last week I did week 4 5x ( can you say addictive personality?) and on the last one I did added another minute to the 3 minute run and did an extra 90 second interval so I think I was ready. I did both the 5 minute runs on tuesday and this time I did one 5 minute and one that I am not sure of (between 4 1/2 and 5) becasue the songs weren't exactly 5 minutes. Outdoor running is very pleasurable for me and I get to spend time with my dog and give her some good expercise. Lately she has been throwing off my pace becasue she stops to pee or tries to chase a squirrel - she is a very fast dog so she is like my personal trainer - pulling me along! I think try outside tomorrow!

i am so nervous to try outside ... :nervous i am SUCH a klutz ... i really dont wanna trip.

i am scoping out parks with good trails and will try it.

awesome job on the 5 mins! i cant imagine running with either of my dogs... they are quite neurotic :)

Just take it really really slow outside - it may be harder becasue of hills - the place where I run (bridal path in central park) is pretty hilly - sometimes running up, sometimes running down - nothing too steep but still makes it harder. What kind of dogs do you have? Mine is pretty neurotic too but loves running and being outside so this is great for her too. Sometimes I run with my sister's dog too but that takes forever because someone is always freaking out!

i have a german shep mix and a ???? LOL. we think he is australian shep and something...

i think i'll try the paths alone and once i get the hang of it, maybe take one (never ever ever EVER both!!). they are both big and would be great for an early morning run when it's dark outside.

i have several parks to choose from. i will try for one with a relatively flat path first.

thanks!

ok ppl. im in the airport waiting to go home on a Thursday night.

Last night i did week 3 i think its like workout7 for me or something. nothing today (way too crazy) and im hopeing to hit the YMCA tomorrw again as i havnt weight trainied since sat.

You know...all this time to waste in the airport..someone should put a gym in here with some showers:)

JM Keep it up. I am realling going to try to move on to week 4 next week but week 3 its still killing me!

Hi!

Eating for me is still a matter of control and portion. I basically eat about 1500 calories a day and find with that that I am losing about 2 pounds a month... I know it is slow, but I need the calories to keep the running going.

On my long run day I have to take a snack with me en route, or I run out of energy.

I eat a lot of fruit, salad and yogurt, very little meat and some carbs.

Hope this helps. Tomorrow is my 19 km run... wish me luck!

Dawn

Banded Arpil 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/158/148