Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Dates

MERRY LOSERS

Dec 3 - CarolK1

parrot0927

antsmith101

Christasha

Danna(sewenup1)

Heavy Heartland

Dec 4 - TXbandit

kris102003

Sandy63

candy8360

inthecitygirl

Rosie15

Dec 5 - mejr62

Chienne and her dad

Brooke (medic26541)

Babyblues425

Munchkin392

Buckeye jc

goddezz

Dec 6 – Sghatl

newlife

JEN_RN

Lost in LS

Twilight

AudricIan

gg88

NewMeFrisco

ThunderWheels

UT LB Loser

Dec 7 - Newblew

jen hollers

Meghan1983

jennypoo

tomecia25

Jais

Dec 8

Dec 9

Dec 10 - HeatherA (tentative)

Michelle28

Fanny Adams <<< NEW DATE!! EEK!

ncthomas04

Dec 11 - ::Tracy::

LinzerPA

vanessa

Tia Maria

Gus123

krisa

cattles

Peachie

tarheelluv

Dec 12 - Caramel

Vicki J

chatita

mrskrzyz

Sheila

C.N.

sherenza

reif78

Dec 13 - jmschnapf

Anyalee

Mommathang

Motogrossgirly

MissyDFE

missmonaaz

Heatherz88

secretstolen

fairchilde23

norahs

kyteachjules

Dec 14

Mooselll

Dec 15

Dec 16

Dec 17 - 100lbsforsale

MissSac

gingimop

~Trixie~

grannyk

girlygirlz

collet

lachanga (tentative)

jewelee

Dec 18 - Mendypoo

Livingthe Dream

JET's MOM

HHWALJ

Kelly Mcgee

AlysonRR

Reillye

HeatherA

Just A Girl

Frisky1

Ellisa

xenagate

Dec 19 - Cerrin

Dandydeb

Artsy

cajuncutie

Moosictchr

Lisamarie

Deb from Florida

Dec 20 - Jonesy

mrsjiggles (tentative)

nhlapband

Sunshine Tx

MileHighGreen

Dec 21

RonKat

Dec 22

Dec 23

DEC 24

Dorr185

Dec 25 - MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dec 26 - Miss Polly

jenncore

lachica39

Palarin

Tcuts

gayle21

Kennergirl

redd1733

Dec 27 - jasmona1214

glitzigirl

thundandlight

Jazzywoman

jbaines

Holly369

Bohemianbabe3

Dec 28 - The Fox

imsamiam

J.Discount

Cleo2354

Mellis

Jalee

rebellerina

Dec 29

Dec 30

Dec 31 - Justin

Chrisann

imb316

mvg1269

Dec 31 - jsp

Frisky, I think you are getting bad information. I think the band is different for everyone so the "trouble food" is different for each person. I know the calorie count of 500 calories a day is a joke and would be irresponsible to maintain that low of calories. If you are getting this documentation from a doctor I would be very skeptical . I personally couldn't live on 500 calories and I am not saying that from a hunger standpoint I literally could not keep my body alive on 500 calories without becoming a shell of a man.My recommendation is to find someone in band land that has a good head on their shoulders and that you agree with in philosophy. I personally feel that if I have to join weight watchers or a fad diet then the band is a complete failure. I want to live a normal life and eat like a normal person or less and that Is what I am going to do.

Look for a bandster named JACHUT, she lives a normal life and adds exercise to reach her goals and looks good. My doctor told me to plan on eating meals that are 1 cup in volume. I have been practicing making meals in layers that can fit in a cup. I have a layer of chicken, onion, peppers and some spicy Beans on top all stuffed into one measuring cup. Then I dump it into a zip lock bag and freeze it for a future lunch. My attitude is that this band has to work for me. I am 35 years old and I want a better quality of life than what I have gotten so far. This is going to be my year without the belt extender, without the big and tall store clothes, without the daily $18.00 lunches and so on. This is going to be the summer of George....

I have to agree with George. You have some bad information. I didnt get this thing to be anorexic. I love food. I want to be able to eat and enjoy it not feel bad about it. Like I do when I diet. I am watching how much I am eatting but not really worrying about the calories right now just the quality of food. I can even have nuts this week. I just have to chew them. Basicaly I can have almost all food with the exception of bread, and hard meats. I can have toast and crackers...havent tried them yet but I can have them. I had chili yesterday and am having tuna caseroll today...about a half cup but that is all it takes for me to be full. Which I LOVE!

I have something else to add.

Resturants really seem a waste to me now. I used to eat out almost every meal. Now I ate out this weekend 2 times. and it was a total waste. I orderd the smallest thing that seemed tasty about 15 dollars too. and I didnt even eat 1/4 of it. man what a waste. It didnt even heat up well. *sigh* then a bunch of friends went to outback and I had the french onion Soup my favorite. I couldnt even finish it. and I had 5 shrimp off of my Pasta thing I got. geesh. I took the pasta home and split it between 2 other meals. lol it cracks me up to eat this little. but a waste of money to eat out. I am saving money.

MERRY LOSERS

Dec 3 - CarolK1

parrot0927

antsmith101

Christasha

Danna(sewenup1)

Heavy Heartland

Dec 4 - TXbandit

kris102003

Sandy63

candy8360

inthecitygirl

Rosie15

Dec 5 - mejr62

Chienne and her dad

Brooke (medic26541)

Babyblues425

Munchkin392

Buckeye jc

goddezz

Dec 6 – Sghatl

newlife

JEN_RN

Lost in LS

Twilight

AudricIan

gg88

NewMeFrisco

ThunderWheels

UT LB Loser

Dec 7 - Newblew

jen hollers

Meghan1983

jennypoo

tomecia25

Jais

Dec 8

Dec 9

Dec 10 - HeatherA (tentative)

Michelle28

Fanny Adams <<< NEW DATE!! EEK!

ncthomas04

Dec 11 - ::Tracy::

LinzerPA

vanessa

Tia Maria

Gus123

krisa

cattles

Peachie

tarheelluv

Dec 12 - Caramel

Vicki J

chatita

mrskrzyz

Sheila

C.N.

sherenza

reif78

Dec 13 -

Ann D.

jmschnapf

Anyalee

Mommathang

Motogrossgirly

MissyDFE

missmonaaz

Heatherz88

secretstolen

fairchilde23

norahs

kyteachjules

Dec 14

Mooselll

Dec 15

Dec 16

Dec 17 - 100lbsforsale

MissSac

gingimop

~Trixie~

grannyk

girlygirlz

collet

lachanga (tentative)

jewelee

Dec 18 - Mendypoo

Livingthe Dream

JET's MOM

HHWALJ

Kelly Mcgee

AlysonRR

Reillye

HeatherA

Just A Girl

Frisky1

Ellisa

xenagate

Dec 19 - Cerrin

Dandydeb

Artsy

cajuncutie

Moosictchr

Lisamarie

Deb from Florida

Dec 20 - Jonesy

mrsjiggles (tentative)

nhlapband

Sunshine Tx

MileHighGreen

Dec 21

RonKat

Dec 22

Dec 23

DEC 24

Dorr185

Dec 25 - MERRY CHRISTMAS

Dec 26 - Miss Polly

jenncore

lachica39

Palarin

Tcuts

gayle21

Kennergirl

redd1733

Dec 27 - jasmona1214

glitzigirl

thundandlight

Jazzywoman

jbaines

Holly369

Bohemianbabe3

Dec 28 - The Fox

imsamiam

J.Discount

Cleo2354

Mellis

Jalee

rebellerina

Dec 29

Dec 30

Dec 31 - Justin

Chrisann

imb316

mvg1269

Dec 31 - jsp

user_offline.gif

Hi! I was banded on the 18th. I need some support. I think I've hit the "regretting it" stage. My post-op diet says I'll never be able to eat Nuts, Corn and a bunch of other stuff. Also, it says I'll never be able to have more than 500 calories a day and 2 ozs at a time. Is that for real? Is anyone else feeling like this?

I had my surgery dec. 31. i've definately been in a regretting it stage since i came home from the hospital. yesterday was really bad. last night was bad. this morning things seem better. i hated the fact that i did this and wonder why i didn't do more research on it before.

but hang in there, i am. we have to keep in mind that this procedure is reversable if need be. that's what i'm doing. i'm going to give it a try for a while and if i feel like i can't live with it then i will start looking into what i have to do to get it out. but today i am feeling more positive. maybe you just need a little more time.

k.brown:)

Before any of you think about a reversal because you have second thoughts. First think about why you had the surgery in the first place. I had it because I was tired of all the weight and I want to be healthier. I mena if it becomes imbearable or a helath risk then I might think about it. But trust me it does get better. Also the 2oz and no whatever is only a guideline. My daughter has had hers since April and she still eat what she wants and more then 2oz. She has lost in excess of 75lbs. So everyone is different.

Just remember why you did it in the first place.

I had my surgery dec. 31. i've definately been in a regretting it stage since i came home from the hospital. yesterday was really bad. last night was bad. this morning things seem better. i hated the fact that i did this and wonder why i didn't do more research on it before.

but hang in there, i am. we have to keep in mind that this procedure is reversable if need be. that's what i'm doing. i'm going to give it a try for a while and if i feel like i can't live with it then i will start looking into what i have to do to get it out. but today i am feeling more positive. maybe you just need a little more time.

k.brown:)

What is it you hate about the band. the way you feel after surgery?, the liquid diet? Talk about what you hate. I know I felt terrible after the surgery. Slept through the first week. Now two weeeks out I feel great, having some cravings, but honestly dealing with head hunger more than anything else.

So let's see what is really the problem and see how it can be improved upon. You have taken the first great step to improved health. No one said it would be easy but we can talk about it.

I don't want to be pushy is you dont want to. If you want to I am here. Feel free to email if you want.

it took me a few days to be back to normal, but I never doubt doing it not at all , I research it and know exactly what I has getting my self into. this a surgery and a life change, not a walk in the park

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post about regrets. I was concerned mostly about the fact that I wouldn't ever be able to eat normally again. You've all helped me to understand that is not the case. I am now on the "soft and moist" phase and life looks brighter. I know that I can't eat the way I used to but I also feel it's ok to have "forbidden fruit" once in a while. Just not everyday.

Also, thanks for the positive comments without judgement. :o

Banded the 28th here. Here I am almost 7 days post banding and I am hungry. Not just a little hungry but perty darn hungry. I am SO over liquids!! Anyone else here with me?? Oh well! I had about 3 TBS of cream of wheat today and it went down just fine. I also had a string cheese tonight and it went doen fine as well. Pray for me!