Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Week 7 stall after gastric sleeve

Has anyone encountered a stall at week 7?? I am at a stall and it’s getting so frustrating. What can I do different to break it?? I feel like all I do is bad

Stalls happen... often.
Are you tracking your intake?
Are you tracking your Water?
Are you exercising?
60 mins a day?
Are all your intakes where they should be?

If you are burning more than you consume, then you'll be losing weight (or body fat)... it's entirely possible to be losing body fat and not weight if you are exercising/working out. It's happened to me several times already in less than 3 months.

Reiterating a bit of what Matt said:

Be sure you're getting your Protein, Water, Vitamins, etc. Be sure to track what you're eating, both good and bad, so you know where you are at.

I am six weeks post op tomorrow and am in a stall as well, for the past two weeks it seems. Yesterday was a horrible day, I reverted to my old habits when I am disappointed in my failure to lose weight. I sabotaged myself and ate some junk food. I felt physically and emotionally sick and so disappointed in myself. I chose to have weight loss surgery so that I can finally move forward in getting healthy and promised myself that I would not get upset over the pace of my weight loss. I picked myself up today, worked out as soon as I got up and today is a new day. I have been tracking my food with My Fitness Pal but didn't track the piece of cupcake that I ate yesterday because I was too ashamed. I love this forum because it is the only place that I can be completely honest. After reading about stalls on these forums, I know that they happen and will break as long as I keep following the rules.

Somehow I had the notion that persons who did WLS were not supposed to do exercise. I had a local friend who did by-pass and she gave me this impression. However the hospital I did my VSG with told me explicitly that I MUST start exercising after week 2 by taking walks/treadmill at least 25 mins a day. The paper information they gave me encourages accelerating exercise from week 4.

So WLS is not the magic button that maybe some of us thought it would be. (including myself in that one!) There is no way around balanced, disciplined living where we have to burn calories and restrict intake of food in order to progress and kick weight loss to next levels.

It will be difficult for me to break old habits of being lazy and not walking but I am looking forward to pushing myself next week to change that. I am sure I will get incentive to continue when the scale reflects the effort.

I wont make the assumption that you have not been excising 7 weeks post op. But if you have not I hope you are encouraged to. I'm hoping this forum will help me be more accountable when I start because its not one of my strongest areas of discipline

Edited by BajanSleeve

8 hours ago, hopeful333 said:

I am six weeks post op tomorrow and am in a stall as well, for the past two weeks it seems. Yesterday was a horrible day, I reverted to my old habits when I am disappointed in my failure to lose weight. I sabotaged myself and ate some junk food. I felt physically and emotionally sick and so disappointed in myself. I chose to have weight loss surgery so that I can finally move forward in getting healthy and promised myself that I would not get upset over the pace of my weight loss. I picked myself up today, worked out as soon as I got up and today is a new day. I have been tracking my food with My Fitness Pal but didn't track the piece of cupcake that I ate yesterday because I was too ashamed. I love this forum because it is the only place that I can be completely honest. After reading about stalls on these forums, I know that they happen and will break as long as I keep following the rules.

I ate one square of dark chocolate today :(