Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The one thing you could not live without post surgery

I'm still presurg but one thing I am planning is a blender, not sure whether to go with immersion or full-on traditional style but my son did last one in doing milkshakes, died in a puff of stinky smoke!😰

I had my sleeve done on Monday 6/4/18. In the hospital I needed an extra long phone charger cord, comfy skid proof slippers, and I wish I had brought my pillow from home.
I wore a sports bra home the next day and really have just lived in very comfortable loose fitting T-shirts since. Keep a Water cup by your side, I underestimated how hard getting water in is. Protein is the next challenge for me. Good luck to you!!!! And stay hydrated 👍🏻

12 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I'm still presurg but one thing I am planning is a blender, not sure whether to go with immersion or full-on traditional style but my son did last one in doing milkshakes, died in a puff of stinky smoke!😰

I **LOVE** my Ninja BL682Z. I can freeze SF Jello in ice cubes and then turn them into snow cones with this thing... Like, legit, ice cubes to snow. It's loud, but it's powerful. I've used it 2-3 times a day since Surgery over 2 months ago and it's still just as good as day one.

I **LOVE** my Ninja BL682Z.

If you like your Ninja, check out Vitamix blenders. We started off on a Ninja, but upgraded to a Vitamix because you can make hot Soup in them. Seriously, cut up vegetables and add some stock, blend until hot. Makes some really incredible Soups.< br>
Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

1 minute ago, BigViffer said:

If you like your Ninja, check out Vitamix blenders. We started off on a Ninja, but upgraded to a Vitamix because you can make hot Soup in them. Seriously, cut up vegetables and add some stock, blend until hot. Makes some really incredible Soups.

Sent from my phone. Please forgive brevity and spelling.

Seriously dude, do you just follow folks around and talk about how much better you are or how your stuff is better than others? It's gotten a little annoying man. It's to the point where sometimes you don't even add to the conversation, you just talk about how something you've done is better. I don't get it.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:18 AM, Bryn910 said:

Vitamin/pill box

phone/watch for timer (pill taking & drinking)

crystal light; I keep it everywhere. Mixes well with my Premier Protein clear & gives it a better taste

my hydro flask bottles; they have the perfect sip lid (no straws allowed for me)

Plastic condiment containers; I am on soft food and only allowed 1-2 ounces of food at a time and these are super handy and cheap on Amazon or Walmart.

Digital scale!! Measuring food is so vital. I purchased 2 (one for home, one for work). Going to order another that will fit in my purse for when I am further out and going out to eat

I can't use a straw either, but have a hard time getting enough liquids without one, and I'm still pre-op. Tell me more about the hydro flask bottles. What kind of lid do they have? Where can you get them?

Woah dude, sorry! I literally have no idea what are you talking about. I am not insinuating what I own is better. The Ninja is a fine blender, I was honestly only telling you about Vitamix. As for adding to the conversation, you recommended a blender so I recommended another one. I liked the Ninja and I like the Vitamix better, thought you may too. If you're not interested, that's fine.

As for me being better than anyone, where do you get that idea from? That just sounds like your own insecurities.

Just now, BigViffer said:

Woah dude, sorry! I literally have no idea what are you talking about. I am not insinuating what I own is better. The Ninja is a fine blender, I was honestly only telling you about Vitamix. As for adding to the conversation, you recommended a blender so I recommended another one. I liked the Ninja and I like the Vitamix better, thought you may too. If you're not interested, that's fine.

As for me being better than anyone, where do you get that idea from? That just sounds like your own insecurities.

It's not just here, it's all over, and I'm not the only one that's noticed the appearance that you've got some ax to grind with me or something. You posted on the Guys room chastising females posting, Less than a month later I make a joke directed at one of the females that posted in a Guys room post and you chastise me for it. There are other instances as well. I just don't understand the logic. And again, it's not me, others also see a number of your posts as coming from a "I'm better" perspective... it's not my insecurities. Nice try though. Deflect rather than reflect on your comments and how others view them, Very classy.

BeforeI derail this topic any more, I'll just PM you. I literally have no clue what you are talking about.

57 minutes ago, annie93 said:

I can't use a straw either, but have a hard time getting enough liquids without one, and I'm still pre-op. Tell me more about the hydro flask bottles. What kind of lid do they have? Where can you get them?

They are just a flip lid. You can get them Amazon, at REI. Can hold hot/cold drinks and keep them cold/warm for a long time.

Glass baby food jars. When you get to pureed stage, it’s great to be able to have jars with just the right portion for a meal. I can write the calories/carbs/fat/protein on the lid and it washes off for next use.

Did anyone find it difficult to sleep in bed? Or would a recliner help for the first couple of weeks?

12 minutes ago, susunorm said:

Did anyone find it difficult to sleep in bed? Or would a recliner help for the first couple of weeks?

I usually don't mention this because I'd hate for someone to go buy a recliner and then not need it. It's not like a bottle of breath spray. But I couldn't sleep in my bed for 2 weeks. I actually did buy a recliner online and had it delivered during my hospital stay. I also slept in one at the hospital as well.

12 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I usually don't mention this because I'd hate for someone to go buy a recliner and then not need it. It's not like a bottle of breath spray. But I couldn't sleep in my bed for 2 weeks. I actually did buy a recliner online and had it delivered during my hospital stay. I also slept in one at the hospital as well.

I certainly did miss having the adjustable bed from the hospital, but I personally made due with the bed, just used some extra pillows and the "Log Roll" method to get in and out of bed. If you have a recliner, it might be beneficial to use. Not sure I'd recommend going out and buying one just for recovery though, unless you want the excuse to go buy one LOL!

Edited by Matt Z