Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In what way have you changed?

7 minutes ago, Czuck1983 said:

I've become much more comfortable in my own body these last few months. Even my therapist has been amazed at how much more positive and outgoing I have been, and in turn it's also helped my marriage a bit. There was a point where we were struggling a little, and I realized that my own personal unhappiness was weighing me down in many ways and effecting our relationship.

The loss of inches has also helped me a lot with some other issues, I've been very open on here about being transgender, I have noticed recently that my dysphoria has subsided a lot, although much of that is also from being on hormone replacement therapy as well.

My journey to surgery actually began because of my issues shopping for women's clothes. Back in October, I went out shopping with a good friend, and I couldn't find a single thing that fit and looked good on me. We went to Torrid, Lane Bryant, Avenue, all places that are made often for plus sized girls, but at 6'2" and 325lbs, there wasn't a single thing for me. I absolutely lost it, and cried out that I need a store called "Fat Fucks R Us." While I haven't been shopping for new women's clothes as of yet, I feel much more comfortable and positive about the idea of shopping.

I'm so happy for you! I think you should try shopping again soon! You've already lost a tremendous amount, shopping could be the icing on the cake.

19 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I'm so happy for you! I think you should try shopping again soon! You've already lost a tremendous amount, shopping could be the icing on the cake.

I will be hopefully this coming weekend, the following week is the first of 2 pride parades that I'm going to be marching in, so I'd like to go while showing some pride. Lol.

I feel taller, even though at 5'2", that is impossible lol - I think I don't 'lead' with my gut anymore and I smile more and feel less invisible.

I honestly thought when people said they loved exercise they were lying. Exercise used to feel so horrible. And it was hard and not fun and you just want it over with.

now almost 11 months out from surgery, I honestly wish I had more time to exercise (I have very little time, 4 kids and full time care of mom with dementia). I peer into gyms and wonder about learning new kinds of workouts. No ****. I really love my little workouts and want to do more. I am not lying to y’all. I can’t believe it myself. I can’t believe I can feel some muscle definition under my loose skin, still a little chubby arms and legs. I get into yoga and kettlebell conversations and I actually care. This is a huge change for me.

I have always projected a lot of confidence. So much so everyone I told was surprised I even wanted WLS. I didn't even realize how much I was faking it before. I was at a work event last week, meeting a lot of new people. I realized I had had a lot more anxiety than I realized about being remembered as "fat one". Now I feel more of the confidence that people assume I have.

Oh ... thought of another.

I have a first date this afternoon. I always feel self conscience. Even though I put up accurate full body pics, and list myself as full figured. I'm always afraid they'll think, "wow, she's fatter than she looked in pics!" But for the date today, I look better than I do in my pics! I'm 50 lbs lighter, and might be able to get away with listing myself as "curvy" vs. "full figured". So now he might end up thinking "wow, she's thinner than she looked in pics!"

7 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Oh ... thought of another.

I have a first date this afternoon. I always feel self conscience. Even though I put up accurate full body pics, and list myself as full figured. I'm always afraid they'll think, "wow, she's fatter than she looked in pics!" But for the date today, I look better than I do in my pics! I'm 50 lbs lighter, and might be able to get away with listing myself as "curvy" vs. "full figured". So now he might end up thinking "wow, she's thinner than she looked in pics!"

That is just awesome. Hope you have a wonderful time!

It has only been a little over 3 months since my surgery, but I feel I have changed a lot. I look forward to life in general a lot more. I don’t get bothered by things so easily. I am more playful with my husband and daughter. I enjoy looking for clothes instead of just dressing “comfortable”. I feel excited to travel in the future and for the first time have long term goals instead of surviving day by day.

Although chronologically I was supposed to be,mature,i have done a lot of emotional growth. I am more happy in my own skin, more accepting,of myself so now I can reach out and be more accepting of others. After years,in Nobodyland, my opinions are valuable,and I indeed can mentor other others not so far along life's highway. I'm cool you're cool and, as part of a big worldwide Bariatric Family I can share in your as you share in mine. And it is FINE!😛🌸🌺🌱🌺🌸

I’m only 9 days post op but have lost 44lbs since my initial appointment (13lbs since surgery)

So much has changed for me in such a short time period....

I ran down the stairs today when before I used to do the side shuffle...one leg at a time and super slowly. I didn’t even realize and everyone just stared at me with their mouths open!

I played basketball, catch, and soccer with my two sons (age 5 and 7) today and they were so happy! They kept saying how fun it was to be playing with me and how they have never seen me run before. I never realized how much I was missing out because I always sat on the sidelines watching them play instead of participating. I wasn’t out of breath and had more energy than I can ever remember having.

I can’t wait to see what the next few months have in store for me...it’s gonna be a great summer :)

I haven’t gotten surgery yet but so far I have not only purged my cupboards from the garbage I used to eat but also my life.. I’ve eliminated anything and everything toxic. I’ve gone back to basics when it comes to taking care of me...in words of my therapist, don’t be afraid to tell someone to F off if they don’t support you or love you.
Saying yes to things you were once afraid to say yes to and live with no regrets.. this has opened doors for me within the last five short months. I can only imagine what time will bring once the rest of this weight comes off with surgery.

Staying focused on being positive and being a good person...

I'm scheduled for late June, and I don't know how things will change. One thing I'm really hoping for is the drop in body temp that so many people have mentioned. It impacts me a lot... I'm so uncomfortable almost all the time. I live in Wisconsin where we get COLD winters and that actually makes me relieved when it the snow/ice hit, because I'll be less sweaty and miserable. I'm hoping my internal thermostat will reset and I will be able to enjoy being outdoors in the summer heat. I've thought about moving someplace warmer with year-round sunshine for almost 5 years now, but the thought of how my body currently responds to any kind of heat has always stopped me. Who knows now, right? We'll see what happens.

Edited by EsoKev

On 6/4/2018 at 2:57 PM, Tealael said:

Im an introvert and often i have to pull extrovert behavior out of my adulting toolkit, now i can just be the quiet person i naturally am without anyone assuming its because im insecure

^ this exactly. This part of my personality doesn't get pointed out to me by others hardly at all since I've lost weight.

I hope I have found a renewed faith in myself that I finally will make it through. I have found that I matter to others through Bariatric Pal, I was down on ME and about to give up and die FAT when I tremblingly reached out on here, read read others stories, some had come from much worse places in life than me, they had been a success and I started to think "Frusrt8, old but,imaybe just maybe YOU can do this too. I realized many life could still be lived and lived with more joy than I was having. And even now the stories of others inspires me. And in July 2018 my RuN should occur. Scared? Shoot No,I am looking to the days counting on down. Might not be anyone else's journey but it will be mine, and in long run I still do matter so much!😛🏣👍

On 06/04/2018 at 13:28, AshAsh1 said:

Besides physical change of weight loss.... How have you changed since you started this journey?

This list is long... don’t judge. Lol
I have no sex drive.
No arousal sensation.
I shop wayyyy too much.
I lost friends
I don’t like being around unhealthy people
I always watch how much people eat and think “ damn” that’s a lot .
I feel guilty when I eat most foods.
I feel weird when I buy size small or medium clothing. Like it’s for someone else.
I feel more confident and attractive now.
Other than that- I’m the same. Less moody now. Still a nice girl. Lol.