Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone,

How are you all doing? I'm on day 10 of the pre-op diet - for the past 3 days I have felt very tired! I work full time, long hours, and I am finding it hard to concentrate at work. Just feeling exhausted all the time.

Anyone else the same? I'm wondering if I might actually be a bit ill, or if this is just a side effect of the diet.

Hello everyone! I was Sleeved May 21st 2018. I only had one day of liquid diet before surgery. But my surgeon had me on a low carb/ low calorie diet 2 weeks before. With that I lost a total of 11 pounds before surgery. After surgery post op 4 days. I’m not going to lie the post op is very tricky and time consuming. It’s hard to try and get all the liquids and Protein in that the dr wants. I’m so excited for this journey and that’s what I keep reminding myself.. I will tell you! The liquid diet after surgery is easier. You won’t be hungry at all!

On 5/23/2018 at 8:29 AM, Kimbero said:

Kordie how are you doing? Im still truckin right along. Less then a week now, im so excited for us all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Kimbero. I'm doing pretty good. I ended up cheating the other day but now I am back on track to stay. Getting too close to muck it up at this point! It's my last night of work until the surgery so that is definitely exciting. My scale, however, has not moved in the past 4-5 days which is frustrating. Even after cheating on Wednesday, my weight stayed the same. it didn't even go up which is good. How are you doing?

Tuesday is the day nervous here. I been doing the liver cleansing diet like the doctor ordered and only lost 5 pounds so far (almost two weeks). It’s Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch (or 2oz of a lean protein) and then 3oz of Protein and veggies and a starch for dinner. I see so many people lose so much on this and I have not. I also do CrossFit 3 times a week and hike a total 12 miles on weekends. Not sure if I have not lost a lot because my BMI is low to start it is 33%. Or my body storing it because it’s hungry and calories to low. Has anyone else not lost a lot on pre surgery diet

Hi Kimbero. I'm doing pretty good. I ended up cheating the other day but now I am back on track to stay. Getting too close to muck it up at this point! It's my last night of work until the surgery so that is definitely exciting. My scale, however, has not moved in the past 4-5 days which is frustrating. Even after cheating on Wednesday, my weight stayed the same. it didn't even go up which is good. How are you doing?

Still hanging in there, ive been staying busy at work and trying to make time go by so surgery will be here
Im still not feeling hungry, but already tired of shakes...lol on monday i can have broth, which im soooo looking forward to. I know it will taste so good. Only 3 days , we got this. My pre op is today. Soooooo excited. Keep me posted on how your doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/23/2018 at 2:00 AM, mrsnolan13 said:

I think mine was a failed surgery also but my doctor refuses to do a revision

Why would he refuse?!?!? I went to another doc to get a second opinion. I think you should do the same!!! I blamed myself for a YEAR before I went to the doc, who said it wasn't all my fault so I def. suggest you try again!

On 5/24/2018 at 1:39 AM, BetterEveryDay said:

Hey everyone,

How are you all doing? I'm on day 10 of the pre-op diet - for the past 3 days I have felt very tired! I work full time, long hours, and I am finding it hard to concentrate at work. Just feeling exhausted all the time.

Anyone else the same? I'm wondering if I might actually be a bit ill, or if this is just a side effect of the diet.

I am on day 10 today, and I am EXHAUSTED. I have a desk job from 9-5, but even that is tiring. It doesn't help in NYC standing on the trains, packed, sweaty, gross, and commute is a bit over an hour. You are not ill, its def the liquid diet. I noticed on days when I forgot my Vitamins it was worse.

I’m a sleeve for May 30...anybody else

I’m one day after...getting close!!!!!

Wow, 2 days to go here toll mu bypass. I am mighty hungry though. Stuck totally to the milk diet though, looking forward to not feeling hungry afterwards!

@ Better Every Day, you're in Cornwall, correct? I always remember the little ditty
By Tre, Pol and Pen YE shall know a Cornishman.
Well, my real first name is Karen, I'm told I was named for a long ago ancestoress, Kerenza, who family stories say was from Cornwall. Most of the people in that branch were from Yorkshire, wonder how she popped into the picture?

That's right, I'm in Cornwall. In Cornish, Karenza means love :):778_heartbeat:

And Karen just means pure, actually my maiden names mean Pure- Pure- Near the Witch Hazel Tree. Rather goofy isn't it?