Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry Miss Smiles you're feeling sad today, maybe this was your "bottom" day and from now on this are going to get better. Have you tried either hot or cold pads? Try to get more fluids in, I think you'll feel better if you do, even if it's a teaspoon at a time👸

That’s good advice from Frustr8! Could you manage some warm broth or stock? I loved the slightly salty flavour, unlike the shakes at first, and they slide down easily. Are you feeling any better? Keep pushing for the pain meds to be on time, every time - my ‘worst bits’ were where I had a gap between doses xxx

Sorry your having a hatd time, my surgery was the 29th, and I feel great, each day gets better. I have finally passed gas, but still no BM. But theres nothing in there to pass. I have had any nausea, at all. Sipping is working for me, and im trying to get at least 2 shakes down, it doesn't always happen. I have not taken any pain pills, i just dont need them. I have discomfort but not pain. Im returing to work on wed and im sure by then i will be feeling even better. I walk daily about 3 good times a day. Good luck everyone. Keep us posted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words ladies. I think I’m feeling the gas pain, I need those gas-x strips but my mom only found the liquid gels and I can’t have that. I had one GNC lean Protein Shake today and I’m having some broth for dinner. I’m just having the worst time. Not sure if it’s because it was a revision, but I’m walking like a hunchback cus my insides feel so tight. Hopefully
Tomorrow will be better ❤️

Hello Everyone! I am not a 5/30 sleever but I was sleeved on 5/29 so we are Surgery neighbors. I am happy to be in the other side and it helps hearing that we have a lot of the same struggles. Fluids are hard but the gas is finally subsiding

I finally passed gas! Hours of excruciating pain, and it finally happened. Still no bm, but I guess it’s only been 4 days, so not too bad. Anyone else have a similar experience?

How is everyone doing? Were y'all advanced to pureed foods today? I had some cottage cheese for lunch and pureed chicken/light mayo (3 T.) and instant mashed potatoes (1 T.) for supper. It tasted amazing! I'm on pureed for 2 weeks and then on to soft foods.

Hi @kordie I’m going on 3 weeks now I don’t really know what to eat eve had Protein Shake and Water and some Soup I don’t think I’m eating right but I had my surgery and Mexico my surgery went well but they don’t tell you what you could eat and when to change the diet I just been reading online and getting ideas from there

Hi kordie, glad to hear from you. Im doing great, no pain, ate 2 small bites of mashed potatoes and they tasted great. Im not able to get 3 shakes down a day, but trying to sip thise and Water thru out the day. Im going back to work tomorrow im ready. Lost 31 pounds total so far from start of liquid diet to today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery on May30 and everything went good, but I’m so over the full liquids and ready for purée stage. I have my post op appt on June 13. Do anyone feel the same about these full liquids 🤦🏽‍♀️

On 6/6/2018 at 8:21 PM, Bunny1975 said:

I had my surgery on May30 and everything went good, but I’m so over the full liquids and ready for purée stage. I have my post op appt on June 13. Do anyone feel the same about these full liquids 🤦🏽‍♀️

Surgery buddies! I had mine on May 30th too. I'm on the pureed stage now but only a week in im bored of this too. Anyone have any ideas or recipes. people rave about the bariatric ricotta bake, but being italian for me it wasn't that great!

Edited by miss_smiles