Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers Lets Get Excited!!!

On 06/01/2018 at 19:47, Hapamomma said:

Hi Sleevers! I’m June 6th! Been on the preop diet for 8 days ... 4 Protein Shakes a day and all low carb veggies plus anything on clear liquid diet. I’m excited and nervous .... and EXCITED! I’m down about 8 pounds with the preop diet. I can’t wait to get the scale moving after surgery! How long is everyone taking off of work? Who have your told?
I’m excited!! I’m June 6th too!! I have lost about 5 so far 😊

On 06/01/2018 at 20:20, Muzikmiss said:

I’m June 6 too!!!
Surgery twin 😊

Woohoo!Yay for June 6 sleevers! We are getting closer!!!

I went for my preop appointment yesterday. I was surprised to get a prescription for Percocet 😲 for after my surgery when I get home. Will I be in THAT much pain after that I will need to take it??!! Omgeee.

Also, Just ate dinner - baked zucchini, broccoli, and grape tomatoes with a little garlic salt. It was filling. My dessert later will be my Cappuccino Protein Shake blended with Decaf coffee 😁 My girls have friends over tonight and I made them spaghetti and garlic bread with the same veggies that I made myself for dinner. I think I have been mourning food .... I know I will eat food again, but it will not be the same. Trying to focus on feeling good and looking better in my clothes. I am determined to make this work!

June 6th too! Scared more about after ward & doing this right! I’m diabetic & have neuropathy in my feet so the way I look at this is I’d rather have 1/2 of my stomach removed & have a chance at really losing some weight that to wait, thinking I can diet without surgery on my own & end up having toes amputated!

10 hours ago, Hope2018 said:

June 4th here I come! Only 3 more days to go! Lost 8 pounds so far on pre-op diet! Nervous and excited but looking forward to getting to the Other Side!!

I am June 4th, as well. However, my doctor said that I didn't have to do a liquid pre-op diet. Just do what I've been doing and don't gain weight. I decided to impose a one week, mostly liquid diet. I had a salad yesterday and a scrambled egg today. Same here, nervous, but excited too. I have a history of terrible post anesthesia nausea, so I'm very apprehensive about it. My surgeon is aware and she said that they will use everything in their arsenal to keep the nausea at bay. Good luck to all.

2 hours ago, gully90 said:
2 hours ago, Hapamomma said:

Hi Sleevers! I’m June 6th! Been on the preop diet for 8 days ... 4 Protein Shakes a day and all low carb veggies plus anything on clear liquid diet. I’m excited and nervous .... and EXCITED! I’m down about 8 pounds with the preop diet. I can’t wait to get the scale moving after surgery! How long is everyone taking off of work? Who have your told?

I’m excited!! I’m June 6th too!! I have lost about 5 so far 😊

I have four weeks scheduled, but it's open ended. I came back a little too soon from my cholecystectomy, I won't do that again.

Gastric Sleeve Surgery June 18th! So excited for my new adventure!!

As for nausea, my doctor ordered a scopolamine patch. I’m supposed to put it on behind my ear the night before surgery. I also filled a bunch of prescriptions that I’m supposed to have at home for after the surgery - meds for nausea, Constipation, etc. all in liquids or crushable form for post surgery.

June 4th is only two days away..yikes!! Good luck to everyone - I know there’s a bunch of us having the same date. “May the 4th be with you!” (Sorry I couldn’t resist)

On 06/02/2018 at 07:14, Hope2018 said:

As for nausea, my doctor ordered a scopolamine patch. I’m supposed to put it on behind my ear the night before surgery. I also filled a bunch of prescriptions that I’m supposed to have at home for after the surgery - meds for nausea, Constipation, etc. all in liquids or crushable form for post surgery.

Who is your doctor? Mine has all the prescribed for me too

I am high risk for nausea and vomiting. I got a pill to take 4 hours before surgery. They said that the patch may not be strong enough for me. I have to use the patch when I fly, drive twisty roads, anything that’s not straight.... so I got a pill to take instead. I think that I will be off for 3 weeks from work. I have extended sick leave so have plenty of time if I need it, but also need to get back in a reasonable amount of time.

June 7th!

Frustr8 - So funny! I went to the pharmacy today to get stool softeners & injections for post surgery- I’m 62 so injections are to prevent blood clots b cause I’m lan older patient!l But as I walked around I saw MANY MORBIDLY OBESE people mostly way younger than me. And all I could that knew of was why am I doing this?? Got me really scared! Like, hey if they’re okay with their bodies, why can’t I just accept my 250 Lb 5’2” body!?!? Well I think I’d rather give this a try than have have toes amputated from neuropathy! And the Long Term Care Insurance I was denied for and my husband got!? I want to spend that time with him! I admit, I’m not as scared of surgery as I am of totally screwing this whole eating thing up but I have to do this! And it’s really the first really big thing I’ve ever done for me! Surgery is June 5th - 36 hours away!! I’m freaking but hopeful! Last chance!! Hope I don’t run out of the OR screamed mg!😱

Oh you won't-our generation is a class act- haven't you listened to Miranda Lambert? Ours is the group who bites their lip and goes on. And sweetie, you're preaching to the choir, I' m the 72 year old bumblebee that doesn't stop. Know why I'm a bumblebee? They are aerodynamically impossible. Their wings are too short for their body, they should not be able to fly, but no one told them this and they keep flying and flying. No body was willing to tell me I can't do this so I will do,this and do this well! I am 5ft 8in, weigh 321 lbs, living proof you can look tall and dumpy both. I have hazel green eyes,strawberry blonde hair and a can-do attitude, because it is the only thing the world hasn't knocked out of me yet.
Your post came right in the middle of an argument with my son, the person I, at the same time I love the most and want to,put out with the garbage cans. Oh I will settle down, I have a redheaded temper and he brought up something I was trying to stuff to the back of my mind.
At last report I am looking to early July for surgery, a little matter of 30 day electronic documentation of CPap usage that I wasn't planning on,.