Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

You know you are old when...you refer to your new lunch bag as a Jethro Bodeen (?sp) bag, and everyone in the office stares blankly. :laugh::cool2:

I haven't read any post yet. A tornado has struck where I used to live and still have friends that live out there. Of course I can't get anyone on the phone. I pray they are all right. The tornado actually went over 2 of my DD's homes. 1 lives in a trailer and makes me very nervous because she very seldom will leave and go to a safer place. One place it touched down at was very close to DGD's school. This has been a very unusual spring. 1 county in the last 3 weeks has had 4 tornadoes touch down. They are right this minute under tornado warnings. Just very weird.

Gone4ever - I hope everyone is ok.

I've never experienced nor seen a tornado, but only a few weeks ago a tornado watch was posted for my area. So, I watched...

Gone4ever - I hope everyone is ok.

I've never experienced nor seen a tornado, but only a few weeks ago a tornado watch was posted for my area. So, I watched...

:cool2:

Thanks. They are very scary. Praise God that I have not been hit. I have had them form above my home. But not come all the way down. The full blown ones I have seen them from a distance and have seen up close and personal their destruction.

I hope everyone comes through it safely!! How scary for you, waiting to hear the news... Best wishes from DownUnder!

Thank you slim and Fanny. No injuries! Yea. Thank God. just a lot of damage. So far I haven't found out about my friends homes yet, but what they are showing on the news their homes might be good.

It has just been so strange for this time of the year. I mean we get tornadoes at this time and in November. But it has been more active than it has been for years. I'm not for sure if this season of outbreaks has set a new record or not.

Edited by gone 4 ever

Ok, here my PJTP-I come on here every day just to read PJTP. I don't post pictures of myself or others. I have posted a pic once and allowed only friends to see it (this was before I had more than one "friend" on here). I took it down after less than an hour because I have a serious mental problem (I have watched too many movies). I love the PJTP thread though. I read the entire thing in one weekend. I love to come here and laugh, cry, or gripe.

PJTP...

I lived in Michigan for the first part of my life too - I'm a native Detroiter (if I hadn't already said that). I am getting less and less tolerant of cold. Something about being banded - I am cold all the time now. Add to that the fact that I'm anemic, and well, you've got a gal over here that is anxiously awaiting summer! Usually I like it around 75, but I'm hoping for comfort at 80-plus this summer! :laugh:

Drama at home - DD's college raised tuition prices steeply this year. Out of state tuition went from 10K to 24K, so we are scrambling to find money.:smile2: So far, the hunt is going well, so keep your fingers (and toes) crossed that we'll be able to bridge the gap and send her to the school she loves.:laugh: Too bad I don't have relatives in VA to send her to...but then getting residency for college tuition purposes is harder than he** in VA. Methinks they've been burned on that a few times...

Work is going ok...not great, just okay.:cool2: I'm not getting hammered every day for little mistakes any more, but I'm just not really comfortable right now. It's partly the economy, I think, and partly just that I'm still feeling blindsided. Gotta find a way to let that go so I can get some mental peace. :w00t:

So how's everyone else's day going?

I remember you saying you were a fellow Detroiter, Ebony. I think we talked about it a tad. I used to live off 8 Mile when I was a kid (think Eminem, lol), and when we moved to Texas, I lived in Sterling Heights (16 Mile).

What's so funny is I became really good friends with my realtor in Texas, and come to find out, she lived just a mile or two away from where I was in Sterling Heights about the time I lived there! What a small world, eh? We may have literally bumped into each other at some point.

Ok, here my PJTP-I come on here every day just to read PJTP. I don't post pictures of myself or others. .

same here,

what's weird is i get random PM's or posting to my profile page for me to post before/afters. umm - NO.

my mug w/sun glasses on is about all i'll do - not showing fat pics, i was & now not.

if your on FB you can see my warts...:laugh:

g4e - glad all is well & safe.

ebony - i'm constantly cold, DH called me just a few minutes ago to let me know that i have issues putting on the seat heaters in 85 degree weather. i like toasty Buns is all:):cool2:

ebony - i'm constantly cold, DH called me just a few minutes ago to let me know that i have issues putting on the seat heaters in 85 degree weather. i like toasty Buns is all:):cool2:

Oh my! :laugh:

I remember you saying you were a fellow Detroiter, Ebony. I think we talked about it a tad. I used to live off 8 Mile when I was a kid (think Eminem, lol), and when we moved to Texas, I lived in Sterling Heights (16 Mile).

Yep, I remember that, Beth...funny - I was always an East Sider, lived close to downtown, so that was my stomping grounds. I have family (cousin on DH's side) who lives around the 16 mile area.

What's so funny is I became really good friends with my realtor in Texas, and come to find out, she lived just a mile or two away from where I was in Sterling Heights about the time I lived there! What a small world, eh? We may have literally bumped into each other at some point.

What a tiny world we live in! I've run into people in Virginia who are from CT, and others in various places who used to live in MI, or who went to the same high school I did (Cass Tech).

same here,

what's weird is i get random PM's or posting to my profile page for me to post before/afters. umm - NO.

my mug w/sun glasses on is about all i'll do - not showing fat pics, i was & now not.

if your on FB you can see my warts...:laugh:

Lulu - so far, I'm with you...until I have a significant (to me) amount of progress to show, all you will see is my avatar!

g4e - glad all is well & safe.

I'm with ya on that one, Lulu - the past few mornings the seat heaters in my DeVille have been very, very nice! My DH teases me that I'm always wanting the house "Africa Hot"...well, since I was banded, "Africa Hot" feels pretty good! I've been known to take my lunchtime walks with a sweatshirt jacket on and gloves because it's fairly warm out, but my hands are still cold, so...

I'm with ya on that one, Lulu - the past few mornings the seat heaters in my DeVille have been very, very nice! My DH teases me that I'm always wanting the house "Africa Hot"...well, since I was banded, "Africa Hot" feels pretty good! I've been known to take my lunchtime walks with a sweatshirt jacket on and gloves because it's fairly warm out, but my hands are still cold, so...

LOLOLOL

i use the term "africa hot" all the time, typically describing texas in august...

LOLOLOL

i use the term "africa hot" all the time, typically describing texas in august...

If the Dallas area is "Africa hot" in August, then Houston is "OMG, even the devil is sweating" hot in September. :cool2:

I used to say that once you suffered through August in Houston, you STILL had to make it through September, which was always worse. I would say if you could make it to mid-October without dying first, you were in the clear.