Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

swine flu is all over the TV's in NTX.

16 cases, 1 death - 2 major school districts closed (including fort worth), all sporting events (schools) suspended thru may 11th.

and just like TX with a snow storm predicted & you can't get bread or milk - right now you can't get any purell...guess i'm glad i'm sorta housebound.:)

my workplace loaded up on purell a year or so ago. i'm pretty anti-purell until now. i'm not being a freak about it but i'm trying to be vigilant with the hand washing (plus during allergy season, it's never good to put a pollen-laden finger up to my eye!!!)

It doesn't seem to me that the swine flu is as serious as all the constant attention it is getting. The media goes crazy sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Heather - that was the understatement of the day!!!

My friend just called me and said she was considering not taking her daughter to the dance studio for pictures today because of the flu. Then yelled at me for saying she was overreacting. Ummmm, she is not shopping at the stores until late at night and wanted to go buy some masks today. She is refusing to go to church because that is too many people in a small space. And wants to skip pictures because of the swine flu that has infected 2 people in our whole entire state? LOL

This is why I always say that people are cattle/followers and SO easily led. Just like you can be in a movie theatre with 4 other people and someone will come and sit right in front of you. :( Or the idjut that is content to follow behind you on the interstate. OK you caught up to me; time for you to fly and be freeeeeeee. What else? Oh, today's gripe - RUBBERNECKERS!!!!! Took me twice what it should've to get home tonight b/c some folks had an accident that was pulled over to the shoulder. We stopped dead on a major interstate so folks could look at the blue lights.

And plain, before you ask.....no, I'm not pms'ing!!! :)

Oh, today's gripe - RUBBERNECKERS!!!!! Took me twice what it should've to get home tonight b/c some folks had an accident that was pulled over to the shoulder. We stopped dead on a major interstate so folks could look at the blue lights.

And plain, before you ask.....no, I'm not pms'ing!!! :(

No man, I agree with you. I HATE rubberneckers. I'm always thinking "if you want to see a MVA up close, follow meeeeee into work" (back when I was a young respiratory therapist working trauma).

Oh, and just FYI......anti bacterial gel doesn't always affect virals. Handwashing is best because it physically removes the viruses (?viri?). Think on that tidbit and sleep tight! Muah-ha-hahahaha!!!

Yay for more holiday time!! :(

I finish up my current little contract at the Processing Plant at the end of May and go back to the Underground Project (which previously finished in March) in June, so I took the opportunity to slip in another little holiday. I have a bunch of frequent flyer points (that I was going to use to fly to the USA with, but that ain't on the cards anymore), so the airfares are free - which means I can spend the money on a 4-5 star hotel in Broome instead! YAY!!

I just booked the flights and the room at the Bali Hai Resort on Cable Beach in Broome for June 2-7... paradise on earth :) I've gone for the smallest room option (Studio) but I think it will be more than adequate!!

lounge_bedL.jpg

living_areaL.jpg

Mandi1.jpgstudio.gif

Sunsets on Cable Beach are like no others in all the world... This sig comes from a photo taken in 1985 on Cable Beach:

cablebeach-sig.jpg

We're going to hire a 4WD and go fishing, drive up the beach and find our own private spot for skinny dipping, do the camel rides at sunset... it's gonna be AWESOME!!!

00000001R1650200901C001-004-1228886276.jpg

Edited by Fanny Adams

Yay for more holiday time!! :(

I finish up my current little contract at the Processing Plant at the end of May and go back to the Underground Project (which previously finished in March) in June, so I took the opportunity to slip in another little holiday. I have a bunch of frequent flyer points (that I was going to use to fly to the USA with, but that ain't on the cards anymore), so the airfares are free - which means I can spend the money on a 4-5 star hotel in Broome instead! YAY!!

I just booked the flights and the room at the Bali Hai Resort on Cable Beach in Broome for June 2-7... paradise on earth :) I've gone for the smallest room option but I think it will be more than adequate!!

We're going to hire a 4WD and go fishing, drive up the beach and find our own private spot for skinny dipping, do the camel rides at sunset... it's gonna be AWESOME!!!

Me so jealous!!

Fanny for once I agree with Plain! I'm so jealous!:thumbup: have a magical time Fanny. Take lots and lots of pictures.12_1_110.gif 28_1_14.gif

PJTP...

I'm so glad it's Friday! :ohmy::w00t::w00t:

Was blessed to hear Tony Brown speak last night (remember him from Tony Brown's Journal on PBS, or am I dating myself?) and bought his new book "What Mama Taught Me". Wonderful speaker, brilliant mind. Much shorter in person than I thought...:thumbup:

Got on the scale this morning, and I'm below 230 for the first time in at LEAST 10 years! :w00t::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol:

Can ya tell I'm happy 'bout that?

Looking forward to seeing X-Men Chronicles this weekend with DH and DD, working in my garden and doing some housecleaning and closet cleaning...gotta get rid of all the stuff that doesn't fit any more! :w00t:

Got on the scale this morning, and I'm below 230 for the first time in at LEAST 10 years! :thumbup::w00t::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

that is great ebony - congrats!!

Got on the scale this morning, and I'm below 230 for the first time in at LEAST 10 years! :thumbup::w00t::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::lol:

Way to go!:w00t:

Got on the scale this morning, and I'm below 230 for the first time in at LEAST 10 years! :thumbup::w00t::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Yes, I can, and WAY TO GOOOO!!! I'm sneakin' up on you... I'm at 232.5. Here's hoping that soon it hits the 220s.

Come on down, Beth...it's a great place to be!

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes and congrats - I :thumbup: you guys!

PJTP...

I'm so glad it's Friday! :):w00t::wink: Amen!!

Got on the scale this morning, and I'm below 230 for the first time in at LEAST 10 years! :rolleyes::lol::wink::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol:

Congratulations, E!! That's awesome!!

Am I missing pages???? From 9:30 this morning til 8:30 tonight with no posts????

OMG The Pig Flu musta wiped us out!!!

Am I missing pages???? From 9:30 this morning til 8:30 tonight with no posts????

OMG The Pig Flu musta wiped us out!!!

Ha!!! No piggy has gotten me!

It has been quiet, hasn't it? Bah! You people are supposed to entertain me!! So make with the tapdancing and juggling acts already!! Else I shall have to taunt you all with more pics of Broome lifted from the net *grins*