Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I want validation.

Who has jumped off the Empire State Building and lived? I know it's dangerous...especially without a parachute, but I saw this guy on TV do it and I'd like to try it....will it mess up my band?

Oh shit! I'm beyond tired and just loved this! Thank you, Gloucester, I really needed that laugh! :blink:

Okay...I missed the big mac thing! But..I don't get those people either. ummm...I think it takes a major surgery to get the lap band implanted (If there is another way that wasn't painful or required anesthesia...I'm pissed and want my money back) so WHY the hell would you even put yourself in a position to eat a Big Mac!!

I always get some snotty assed PM when I post on those sites and tell people to pull up their boot straps and pour their Protein Drink in a Martini glass and say cheers. Apparently I don't understand the struggles they are going through. Apparently I have forgoten how hard it is to be fat.

Okay I just had to say that this was the funniest thread that I have read in a long time. However, I am recovering from my TT and it hurts to laugh. So next time I will take the good drugs before logging on here so that the pain doesn't set in for a couple of hours!

Oh good grief, I just can't even bring myself to post in this thread. A waffle, Cereal and a big mac all within a few days of being banded.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/post-operation-lap-band-surgery-questions-answers-new/68920-when-did-you-start-solids.html

OMGosh! See, I don't even visit those forums anymore because of stuff like that. It's ridiculous! Who goes out the country to get lap band and doesn't research or get dismissal information? Seriously, who does that? C'mon people!

o m f g! i couldnt hold back... a f'ing BIG MAC!???!?!?!!??!?

**sigh**

I found the thread (but still not the good drugs...and yet here I am back at this site!)

Damn you LJM... you made her cry! How dare you...I don't know if we can be friends any more. How dare you tell someone that a big mac is a bad food choice. How dare you try to school someone even though you have made mistakes. HOW DARE YOU!

OMG grow up and put on some big girl panties! I can honestly say that I never did stray from the diet. Sorry I am a goodie two shoes! But I just don't want a pissy email or PM! Apparently we have to justify ourselves when trying to help out! I will try to post my resume...but right now my beautiful, swollen, very sore, FLAT AS A pancake tummy (which I got by NOT eating big macs...oh yeah...and a great surgeon!) needs to go to bed!

Hope you feel better...but your blog post led me here and then to that site...so it made my night!

I say very sheepishly.... I have had 3 jr. whoopers since I have been banded. ( all several months apart) I throw most of the bread away. I eat half of it, and shop in Walmart and come out and eat the rest of it. The crows enjoy my bread.

I hate that we just got $700 worth of bills, all due ON my birthday in 2 weeks. Bah.

I'm off to read that big mac thread, maybe I can take my angries out over there....

Edited by She Smiles

Posting just to say I am not erroded, the tube needs to be shortened. And less than 20 minutes after I had my scope MIL called to tell DH and I that FIL had just died.

Today was a shithouse day.

RIP FIL. You were a pain in the ass, but you were *our* pain in the ass, and we will miss you more than words can express.

I was coming on here to say rant about the fact that I just got a speeding fine on top of the $700 of bills.

But I think its more important to extend my sincerest condolences to you Chickie. I'm so sorry about your FIL. My thoughts are with you and your family *BIG HUGS*

Thanks ladies. I needed to get it out. I needed to tell someone. Anyone. After dealing with everything that needed doing, it still doesn't feel real.

I mean, I saw him in his bed in the nursing home. I hugged him, and felt that he was gone, and cold. But every time I looked at him, I thought he was about to wake up.

He was 94 years old, had a great life, and the last few days were really bad for him, so he is so much better off now. He is at peace. He isn't in pain anymore.

Thanks again.

(Oh, and that *does* suck She. Huge hugs to you too)

he he....Indio said "big girl panties"...ha ha.

At the TX RenFest we saw the show performed by the Well Wenches (or something like that...) and they made men from the audience run out of the arena, stand in the crowd of people milling about and say: "In my big boy pants I can do anything!"

It was hilarious, and her post over there made me think about that.

Posting just to say all that stuff.

And, of course, Big Macs make me gag.