Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hi again all. I've been away again - was home for my normal roster break, but it was a long weekend here in Aus, so went away with my family. Hehehe - I made the boyfriend come with me to stay with my parents in a resort hotel! We had a wonderful time and he coped pretty well actually :unsure:.

Why do I sabotage myself? I was feeling all good coz I didn't overindulge over the long weekend - did lots of exercise, was very careful eating, came home a couple of pounds down even!! Then back to site last night and what do I do to myself today? Eat a stupid chocolate bar of course!! GRR!! *kicks self*

Why do I sabotage myself? I was feeling all good coz I didn't overindulge over the long weekend - did lots of exercise, was very careful eating, came home a couple of pounds down even!! Then back to site last night and what do I do to myself today? Eat a stupid chocolate bar of course!! GRR!! *kicks self*

I really don't have a good answer for you, fanny, but I'll tell you this: You're not alone. I figured out a while ago that I'm way more a "reward" eater than a "stress" or "depression" eater.

Hey all, I am back and alive. Looks like I have an ulcer that has been causing me all the problems, not so much the gallbladder. Still doing testing, but the surgeon today took me off one of my meds, which he felt was actually making me more sick. He also gave me a shot of something and I am feeling so much better!!!!

I reported the problems with the way the site is loading to Alex and Ken. Hopefully they will get it fixed shortly.

SOOOO glad you are feeling better! Let's hope it's an ulcer or the med, and not the gallbladder! Best wishes!!

Thanks for reporting the problem. Everything is great now!

I just ate a pork chop. Is my band going to get swine flu?

Only if it's from Mexico! (The pork chop, not the band! LOL!!)

PJTP: It was a crazy day but a good one! DD had a good day. I had a good day. Heck, DH even had a good day! I think the only one of us who DIDN'T have a good day was our dog! She went to the groomer's today for her annual bath and shave. We dropped her off at 1PM (appointment time) and they called at 6! We were starting to wonder what was happening! Granted they were working on THREE dogs when we dropped her off! So Dakota was VERY happy to see us!

Poor DD tho. She didn't understand us leaving Dakota and picking her up again later. She got really upset, crying, saying she had to see Dakota! Poor thing! We got her calmed down and then as a treat and a surprise, took her to our favorite place at the lake to see our friend, the owner (who adores and spoils DD) and get ice cream!

Oh and Dakota is part Chow, so LOTS of hair! She goes from that, to a 1/2 an inch!! For the first month, her head looks to big for her body! I think she's adorable but DH thinks she looks funny!

We got my truck towed from DH's fire station to the shop today. they'll get to it tomorrow sometime. So got that taken care of.

I went for a walk by myself this afternoon while we were waiting for the groomer to call us. I added another road and it added another mile to my normal walk. It was killer but it was so nice! I told DH I wanted to do that extended walk at least once a week, by myself. I really enjoyed it!!

Let's see if I can attach a couple of pics of Dakota. The "before" is DD's first Easter, she was about 10/11 months. The "after" is actually the summer before the other pic, when DD was a couple of months old and Dakota's fur had grown out a couple of months. DD is going to be 3 next month so these are a couple of years old.

Bear with me. I've never tried to attach pics before!

post-232070-1381313836345_thumb.jpg

post-232070-13813138363789_thumb.jpg

Let's see if I can attach a couple of pics of Dakota. The "before" is DD's first Easter, she was about 10/11 months. The "after" is actually the summer before the other pic

Cute Doggie!

Oh good! Looks like it worked! :ohmy: Yea me!!! :unsure:

Hi again all. I've been away again - was home for my normal roster break, but it was a long weekend here in Aus, so went away with my family. Hehehe - I made the boyfriend come with me to stay with my parents in a resort hotel! We had a wonderful time and he coped pretty well actually :lol:.

Sounds like a great weekend!

I can't answer your question b/c I do it myself. And usually right before a WI either at home or at the docs. I just don't get it either. I'm still working on myself so when/if I figure it out, I'll let you know! Hang in there!

I really don't have a good answer for you, fanny, but I'll tell you this: You're not alone. I figured out a while ago that I'm way more a "reward" eater than a "stress" or "depression" eater.

I'm finding that to be a true statement for myself as well. Tho when REALLY upset (angry/mad), I have noticed I will head to the fridge. When I was younger, it was alcohol, so I think it all stems from the addictive personality that I have. Thank GOD I have always been able to "catch" it before I've become completely addicted. (Except for the food, of course. Didn't "catch" that one very well!) But I have noticed lately that I really "like" to reward myself with food! Need to find another way to reward myself!

'Night everyone!

It's weird, Plain. Every time I Celebrate a success, I seem to have to follow it up with being "bad". It really does seem like sabotage - like I can't bear the idea of things going well for very long, so I have to take steps to ruin it... *sigh* The mind is a very odd thing...

PS: Make that "a chocolate bar, 2 Cookies and a small piece of fruit cake". ARGH!!! I'm walking home from site tonight!!

It's weird, Plain. Every time I Celebrate a success, I seem to have to follow it up with being "bad". It really does seem like sabotage - like I can't bear the idea of things going well for very long, so I have to take steps to ruin it...

I dunno, Fanny, but I DO know that you deserve success. Perhaps we both need to be psychoanalyzed, eh? I'm not sure the world is ready for a peek into my subconscious

Fanny, one thing you can't do is beat yourself up about it. Try to look at it as this: Even normal people have bad days. Not that we are abnormal, but it is something we all struggle with.

I know once I get started with something sugary, I can't stop. I seriously think I understand what it is like to be an alcoholic because when I have to have my fix, I have to have my fix. And sometimes it takes everything in my to not eat that candy bar. I can't even take a bite of something sweet without eating the whole thing. It is an all or nothing thing for me and it flat out sucks.

The point is don't beat yourself up. You have had a great weekend. Focus on that =)

Michelle, I love seeing really fluffy dogs before and after they are shaved down. They look like tiny little versions of themselves. And a very cute pup you have there.

What kind of ........"garden center" was this?!?

Groper's Grasses Garden Center, in a town called Squeezeums. :lol::tt2:

Hey all, I am back and alive. Looks like I have an ulcer that has been causing me all the problems, not so much the gallbladder.

Glad to hear you are back, and (we hope) a definitive diagnosis.

I just ate a pork chop. Is my band going to get swine flu?

:unsure::lol::ohmy:

There's a long list of people who belong to the self-sabotage club....

I'm not sure the world is ready for a peek into my subconscious

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh good God no.

What she said!

Ok after a great sunny Monday, it is now a cool rainy Tuesday - oh well. I managed to get a few plants plunked into the ground last evening so the rain will do them some good. Then when DH was not paying attention, I went into the workroom, and started cleaning up....I managed to get a green garbage bag full of crap out of there, and a box of boxes broken down for recycling. I just started sorting the gigatrizillion nails/screws/tacks/assorted small things when DH came looking for me......the organization will have to wait for another day when he's not around. I just don't understand about what is so difficult in keeping the little boxes labelled, closed and neatly stored, screw drivers hanging, hammers and other carpentry tools grouped, aligned and clean.

Well at least I rescued the day somewhat by walking home from site (5.5km walk, takes me an hour). And I did manage to avoid the dessert table after dinner...

Awesome; great to hear that you, at least, have a diagnosis! (Not awesome that you have an ulcer, of course!) Did you work today?
Glad to hear that may be all it is, Susan! At least you're not talking another surgery just yet. Keep us updated.

Thank you! It is so wonderful to feel like a human being again too. I actually returned to work today, and am pleased my job is still here.

Cute Doggie!

I agree, he is adorable.

This is a No Swining Zone.

Love the picture!