Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I know this is a common topic, but I have stop losing weight. I had my surgery Dec 1st, and I was doing well with the weight loss. I lost close to 66 pounds. Then about a month ago I stopped loosing weight. I have been staying within a 3 pound range. It's frustrating and kind of heart breaking. I was steadily losing weight, then boom nothing. I feel like all the hard work i have been doing is for nothing. I am trying to stay positive. I know stalls happen. I just didn't know they would last this long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so frustrating I am almost 3 years post op and have been the same weight for two years I am pretty sure my stomach has stretched back out and I have to try to maintain my weight I am 2 stone off goal weigh but it’s worth the battle

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rina5191 said:

I know this is a common topic, but I have stop losing weight. I had my surgery Dec 1st, and I was doing well with the weight loss. I lost close to 66 pounds. Then about a month ago I stopped loosing weight. I have been staying within a 3 pound range. It's frustrating and kind of heart breaking. I was steadily losing weight, then boom nothing. I feel like all the hard work i have been doing is for nothing. I am trying to stay positive. I know stalls happen. I just didn't know they would last this long.

As you get closer to goal weight, it get's harder and harder. Relative to me, you're within spitting distance of your goal weight. Just keep persevering and following your program. The stall will break eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you exercising? Maybe that. An push your metabolism again


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rina5191 said:

I know this is a common topic, but I have stop losing weight. I had my surgery Dec 1st, and I was doing well with the weight loss. I lost close to 66 pounds. Then about a month ago I stopped loosing weight. I have been staying within a 3 pound range. It's frustrating and kind of heart breaking. I was steadily losing weight, then boom nothing. I feel like all the hard work i have been doing is for nothing. I am trying to stay positive. I know stalls happen. I just didn't know they would last this long.

Are you still tracking your food on an app?

do you still weigh the portions?

have you let carbs slip back in?

are you doing the exact same exercise routine. Change is good keep the body guessing.

Inc the portion of workout that is weight training

Lots of small things can stall you out.

AS the others above noted the closer you get to goal the harder and slower each pound comes off.

good luck and try to stay positive this stall takes nothing from what you have already accomplished.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lizzieat said:

Are you exercising? Maybe that. An push your metabolism again

Yes, I m at the gym 3 to 5 days of the week. It depends on whats going on. But i try to work out home if i cant make it to the gym.

5 hours ago, lizzieat said:

Are you exercising? Maybe that. An push your metabolism again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, allwet said:

Are you still tracking your food on an app?

do you still weigh the portions?

have you let carbs slip back in?

are you doing the exact same exercise routine. Change is good keep the body guessing.

Inc the portion of workout that is weight training

Lots of small things can stall you out.

AS the others above noted the closer you get to goal the harder and slower each pound comes off.

good luck and try to stay positive this stall takes nothing from what you have already accomplished.

The one thing i never really did was keep track of my food intake. I know its something i should do, but i keep forgetting. I tend to eat the something everyday. Maybe it is time to change it up a little. I still weigh food out. I usually eat between 5 and 6 ounces depending on what I'm eating.i wish i had carbs. That was the one thing i have totally cut out of my diet. I know I have to be patience, its just frustrating

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is and can be very frustrating.  trying to focus on the longer term is tough to do all the time.

i would suggest if you have not done so already.  dont weigh yourself to often.

At the start it was fun to see the pounds fall away almost daily  but that feedback loop works against you later as things slow down and seeing the same number drags you down emotionally.

step away from the scale and look to other things for positive feedback.

your clothes

how you look and feel after a good workout.

how much energy you have to do things you struggled with before

anything non weight related that makes you feel good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, allwet said:

it is and can be very frustrating. trying to focus on the longer term is tough to do all the time.

i would suggest if you have not done so already. dont weigh yourself to often.

At the start it was fun to see the pounds fall away almost daily but that feedback loop works against you later as things slow down and seeing the same number drags you down emotionally.

step away from the scale and look to other things for positive feedback.

your clothes

how you look and feel after a good workout.

how much energy you have to do things you struggled with before

anything non weight related that makes you feel good.

This ^^ ... I've fallen into the bad habit of weighing myself everyday and I've been pretty vocal against it. I want to break myself of this habit as it really isn't healthy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So true Mattymatt, was losing good started at 266 and now I'm 223 and can not get lower than that number. I excise do weights and still at a stand still


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Often we stop losing weight because we aren’t drinking enough water...


  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×