Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Joined To Meet New People That’s On The Same Path As Me

1 hour ago, MACPOWER said:

Iv had a few surgeries in my life. All we’re fixing things I broke or tore playing football. So I’m used to the surgery part. But for some reason this surgery I’m the most on edge about for some reason.

Probably because it's not fixing something broken or painful, you know? It's like we equate the "OW this hurts" to "Yes this surgery needs to happen." However with Bariatric Surgery, it's not fixing an owie. It's preventing big future ones so it doesn't feel as necessary or logical? I guess that's how I feel.

So how is everyone whose married spouse taken this change? And do you think the relationship will change after you lose weight a lot of people get divorced after this or addicted to alcohol. I guess cause we are considered addicts to food. I would say I do become someone obsessed with things when I was younger I worked out 8 hours a day 5 times a week and other personal things I had to do 3-4 times a day ;) I never done drugs or never been an alcoholic. Does anyone feel this way or know anything about this addiction thing .

So how is everyone whose married spouse taken this change? And do you think the relationship will change after you lose weight a lot of people get divorced after this or addicted to alcohol. I guess cause we are considered addicts to food. I would say I do become someone obsessed with things when I was younger I worked out 8 hours a day 5 times a week and other personal things I had to do 3-4 times a day [emoji6] I never done drugs or never been an alcoholic. Does anyone feel this way or know anything about this addiction thing .

I'm a recovering alcoholic /addict. This may I'll have 7 years. Communication is the most important for these relationships to live.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Addiction runs in my family, so I have always done my best to stay away from things that are highly addictive (except coffee... I am weak!). I drink wine on rare occasions, and usually refuse narcotic drugs when prescribed them since I don't like how weird I feel. So I am not worried about that.

The divorce thing though, that seems to be common. I've been e-stalking a bunch of VSG youtubers/instagramers and I've noticed a continued trend of them getting divorced. One of the things many of them seemed to say was that their SO had taken care of them for so long, that they lost sight of what their role was when they no longer needed the care.

My husband and I are not like that at all. I am almost obnoxiously independent, and it's one of the things he claims he finds most attractive about me. Besides, he likes to joke that he is the "kept man" since I make all the money haha.

That’s awesome! You seem to be doing great! Yeah I’m not looking forward to being hooked up to that iv machine the whole time...but I guess I’ll have too...Lol. Were you able to move around at all right after surgery? Thanks for the heads up. I’ll make sure to stay on top of my pain and nausea.

Ask for the anti nausea med patch— saved my life :)

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 178
5’6”

Still don’t know my time till Monday for Tuesday but they said I’m first out of three patients he has that day

So I joined this Bariatric Pals Community thinking that it would be awesome to talk and fellow people that are going through the same thing as me. But for some reason I find it hard to join in on the conversations. I feel like I’m butting in on other peoples conversations. Like who’s this newbie trying to talk to us? Does anyone else feel that way? Or is it just me? Because Im definitely not that way in person. I’m always talking to everyone around me no matter who it is. But for some reason I feel differently on this.

Don’t feel that way! Join the party and you can talk to me anytime!

Yes Ive been looking at both as well I saw something like the caveman Keto diet so that sounds about it good. Everything im looking into is juicy meaning in sauce my doc said Im not allowed to eat like oven chicken, turkey, no grilled dry steak, no fried chicken etc. So basically everything has to be moist because he said its better for the first year to take care of my new stomach and to lose the maximum amount of weight. He also said dried meat (like oven and fried) can give me a stomach ache and ill literally feel it digesting in my stomach. Sounds cray cray but whatever Im in this for life and I wont be suffering because thank goodness I know how to cook. The only problem I have is that Im dominican and in my culture I typically make rice, Beans, and meat at least 4-5 times a week Pasta dish for the weekends so I dont think I can convince my entire family to be on the diet so Ill just make two meals but Im thinking since its just me and I wont eat alot and also im fine with eating the same thing all the time Ill just prep 2 lasagna pans 1 for lunch 1 for dinner it should last me 6 days then we eat out once a week. Hope you all ok with me talking about food :X

I found it very hard to eat meat also unless it was very juicy..: rotisserie chicken is awesome though. It’s
Soft and juicy and goes down and stays down. I count on that a lot in salads or just as dinner

I’ve been looking at substitutes for bread...

so far cheese taco shells (looks awesome super healthy)

cabbage in place of shells for stuffed shells

cabbage for lasagna noodles

canbage to make gyro

zuccinni for spaghetti I hate it if anyone can tell me a better spaghetti option

Also I’m looking into almond flour anyone ever use it. My plan it to not get a taste for carbs like not even taste it or sugar ever again cause I love carbs I love food (dinner) not sweets so I plan to eat a dinner all day slowly but a healthy one.

also I feel like I have to start walking around with a kit in my purse and car for that there won’t be any excuses when I’m socializing. liquid stevia, hot sauce, tea, please chime in and tell me what else.

Got my Fitbit and I’m ready to go I’m down to 270 today from the liquid diet I’m super happy I’m not hungry and wait for it...I LOVE the muscle milk now lol so weird. I wish they would have put me on this diet a month and I think it’s really important before surgery because all the crashing I did from sugar and caffeine and headaches it would have made my post operation time so much worse.

sorry for rambling I’m excited for Tuesday!!! Surgery day!!! Grateful for the opportunity and life. I think we have to change ourselves internally and start taking care of ourselves because most of us here are caregivers to spouse, kids and forget about ourselves. ❤️

Ok I could go on forever have a blessed weekend y’all

canbage to make gyro
zuccinni for spaghetti I hate it if anyone can tell me a better spaghetti option
Also I’m looking into almond flour anyone ever use it. My plan it to not get a taste for carbs like not even taste it or sugar ever again cause I love carbs I love food (dinner) not sweets so I plan to eat a dinner all day slowly but a healthy one.
also I feel like I have to start walking around with a kit in my purse and car for that there won’t be any excuses when I’m socializing. liquid stevia, hot sauce, tea, please chime in and tell me what else.
Got my Fitbit and I’m ready to go I’m down to 270 today from the liquid diet I’m super happy I’m not hungry and wait for it...I LOVE the muscle milk now lol so weird. I wish they would have put me on this diet a month and I think it’s really important before surgery because all the crashing I did from sugar and caffeine and headaches it would have made my post operation time so much worse.
sorry for rambling I’m excited for Tuesday!!! Surgery day!!! Grateful for the opportunity and life. I think we have to change ourselves internally and start taking care of ourselves because most of us here are caregivers to spouse, kids and forget about ourselves. [emoji173]️
Ok I could go on forever have a blessed weekend y’all

I wish I could drink muscle milk, but it's got too many carbs. I'm drinking nitro tech whey gold from GNC. I had found a recipe on bariastic for chicken crust pizza that I can't wait to try when I get to solid foods.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

19 hours ago, Marissa37 said:

canbage to make gyro

Hi there! I recently had to go gluten-free due to a sensitivity. Almond flour is great, we use it in place of regular flour for breaded chicken, or fish, and for baking.

Have you tried spaghetti squash for a substitute of zucchini noodles? If you like sweet potatoes, roasted sweet potato noodles are good too. I make them fettuccine style so they are a bit thicker. I have also used butternut squash noodles, but you really need to pair those with something that matches the flavor. I cooked mine in my chili and it was great.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:57 PM, Kay07 said:

Addiction runs in my family, so I have always done my best to stay away from things that are highly addictive (except coffee... I am weak!). I drink wine on rare occasions, and usually refuse narcotic drugs when prescribed them since I don't like how weird I feel. So I am not worried about that.

The divorce thing though, that seems to be common. I've been e-stalking a bunch of VSG youtubers/instagramers and I've noticed a continued trend of them getting divorced. One of the things many of them seemed to say was that their SO had taken care of them for so long, that they lost sight of what their role was when they no longer needed the care.

My husband and I are not like that at all. I am almost obnoxiously independent, and it's one of the things he claims he finds most attractive about me. Besides, he likes to joke that he is the "kept man" since I make all the money haha.

This is where I am as well. My husband and I work opposite shifts, so we don't see each other a whole lot except when he has a weekend off every other week, or some evenings when he's off. He hasn't really been in that "caretaker" role with me.

He keeps saying that this will be good for our relationship---I hope so. I know that my lack of stamina for activities and stuff has been a strain, so hopefully this will improve. It seems to be helping so far---I've been going through the process with a nutritionist, etc. for a year and have lost over 50 lbs. so far. Surgery April 12!

6 hours ago, jenbugwi said:

He keeps saying that this will be good for our relationship---I hope so. I know that my lack of stamina for activities and stuff has been a strain, so hopefully this will improve. It seems to be helping so far---I've been going through the process with a nutritionist, etc. for a year and have lost over 50 lbs. so far. Surgery April 12!

Congratulations on your weightloss! I wish you the BEST on surgery day :)

My to just start my classes want it the weight class you have to be in to get sleeve