Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Joined To Meet New People That’s On The Same Path As Me

I noticed when I went to,my seminar that OSU goes through the usual sequence with sleevers but RnY bypasser goes from liquid to soft, no puree level for us "kangaroos"(because we have pouches). Found that rather curious.[emoji11]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah the doctors here in Nebraska wrote out the purée part. Go from liquid to soft.

Thanks! When is your surgery?

Can I ask you why you went for the sleeve? Lately I've been debating if the bypass is the right choice for me... idk know anymore! Anything that'll be successful, I guess!

Ok this is just MY opinion! Nothing against anyone that’s getting Bypass. But I just felt that the Sleeve was the less invasive procedure. Just make your stomach smaller...That sounded plain and simple to me. Again, nothing against Bypass! But I just felt bypass was a lot of re-direction / re-creation that I didn’t want my body to have. I have a Degree in Exercise Science, so I had to learn a lot about the human body. So I know a little bit about human body’s. No way am I saying I know as much as a doctor! But I just felt that the Sleeve was the simplest solution to my problem. Go in and make the stomach smaller and get out!

Again! To anyone reading this! I’m not saying don’t get Bypass! And I’m not putting Bypass down in any way! I’m just saying this is the best procedure for me!

Does any of that make sense? Lol! Sorry I get to rambling some times!

I felt the same way. RNY is great for people who have certain health concerns, but for me it felt too complex, too scary. The sleeve felt simpler, and came with slightly less long term risks. I know that RNY typically has faster weight loss, but my nutritionist said the balance out around the second year.

haha! Definitely makes sense!! I chose the bypass because I didn't want the heartburn that seems to impact a decent amount of people after the sleeve... plus, I have a lot to lose. I guess it's normal to be second guessing myself when it's starting to come down to surgery day... I'm just ready to be post op!

Thanks! When is your surgery?

My surgery is April 11th

haha! Definitely makes sense!! I chose the bypass because I didn't want the heartburn that seems to impact a decent amount of people after the sleeve... plus, I have a lot to lose. I guess it's normal to be second guessing myself when it's starting to come down to surgery day... I'm just ready to be post op!

See you chose what you felt would be best for you! And that’s the way to choose! What’s best for YOU!

And that you have the maturity and wisdom to have studied, weighed the options and chose the right thing for YOU personally.[emoji106] And now forward to your surgery, your Date of Destiny and the start of your brand new life[emoji13]

Can I ask you why you went for the sleeve? Lately I've been debating if the bypass is the right choice for me... idk know anymore! Anything that'll be successful, I guess!

I am going with bypass because I have a lot to lose, and know a couple people personally that also had bypass and look great years out from surgery. The one person I know that had sleeve ended up gaining a lot back. Obvioulsly there are plenty of people who are successful with the sleeve but overall I think bypass is what I need to keep me on track to reach my goal and stay there. 1 week till surgery!

6 minutes ago, Origin said:

I am going with bypass because I have a lot to lose, and know a couple people personally that also had bypass and look great years out from surgery. The one person I know that had sleeve ended up gaining a lot back. Obvioulsly there are plenty of people who are successful with the sleeve but overall I think bypass is what I need to keep me on track to reach my goal and stay there. 1 week till surgery!

Saaame...! Honestly gaining the weight back is my biggest fear. If I notice my weight creeping back up I'm contacting my nutritionist! ASAP. I'm going to get help. I'm not going to let this opportunity slip away, nor am I going to ruin my chances of success!

I guess I never looked into the Sleeve vs Bypass for the amount of weight needed to lose. I didn’t know there was much a difference.

My weight was at 475 lbs last week when I started my pre-op diet. With the results I got from the “Bod Pod” (Body Composition Assessment). I’d be happy with getting down to 275 lbs.

Well you are going from "corn fed" to a lean mean athletic machine, don't know,if you'll get down to football[emoji458],weight but the Day you hit the goal weight I want to see a picture of you in a Husker sweatshirt or jersey.[emoji13] Deal?

14 minutes ago, MACPOWER said:

I guess I never looked into the Sleeve vs Bypass for the amount of weight needed to lose. I didn’t know there was much a difference.

My weight was at 475 lbs last week when I started my pre-op diet. With the results I got from the “Bod Pod” (Body Composition Assessment). I’d be happy with getting down to 275 lbs.

Yeah, the bypass you lose more faster. Either surgery though you should be able to get to your goal weight if you keep up with it and challenge yourself. I think I want to get to 140-150lbs, but I think I want to maintain at like 150-160. Thick girls are cute and I still want a booty haha! I'm just going to lose until I feel like I'm in a good spot :)

Thick girls are cute and I still want a booty haha! I'm just going to lose until I feel like I'm in a good spot [emoji4]

Right?!? My first nutritionist wanted me to hit 135... I was traumatized! I’d look like the living dead... even at my healthiest, I was never in the 130 range. My first goal weight is 175.

Well you are going from "corn fed" to a lean mean athletic machine, don't know,if you'll get down to football[emoji458],weight but the Day you hit the goal weight I want to see a picture of you in a Husker sweatshirt or jersey.[emoji13] Deal?

DEAL!