Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can’t go to bed at night without having my 1 cup of FairLife (skim version) and 1 tbsp of sugar free Hershey’s chocolate Syrup. All served over ice of course! I sip on it for at least 30 mins and savor every bit!

FairLife Milk has 80 calories, 0 fat, 6 carbs, 13 grams of Protein per cup.

I would love a cold glass of chocolate milk but I don't like the taste of the Sugar Free Chocolate syrups. I can tolerate most anything sugar free but not the chocolate syrups. I will look into the FairLife skim milk for my Protein Shakes since it does have 13grams of Protein. You continue to enjoy your bedtime ritual.

I'm allergic to chocolate, make myself hot regular or herbal tea or carob drink. Use the traditional cocoa recipe which is on rear of Hershey tins. Tweak it by using carob powder(available at Krogers and health food stores) stevia or Monkfruit granules instead of sugar or honey, and substitute Fairlife skim or if I'm feeling real froggy 1% milk.[emoji177] Carob in products tastes super similar to milk chocolate, I have made Wacky Cake with it and you would swear it had real cocoa in it. I'm not the bordering on culinary genius of Fluffy Chix but I haven't lived on this earth 72 years without accruing a modicum of skill kitchen-wise.[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, Danny Paul said:

I would love a cold glass of chocolate milk but I don't like the taste of the Sugar Free Chocolate syrups. I can tolerate most anything sugar free but not the chocolate syrups. I will look into the FairLife skim milk for my Protein Shakes since it does have 13grams of Protein. You continue to enjoy your bedtime ritual.

I love FairLife Milk. It beats the heck out of regular milk in the comparison. I will say that I was a big straight milk drinker prior to WLS, and FairLife is good mixed with other things, but I'm not a fan to drink it straight.

milk-fairlife-fat-free-ultra-filtered-milk-3_grande.jpg

28 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I can’t go to bed at night without having my 1 cup of FairLife (skim version) and 1 tbsp of sugar free Hershey’s chocolate Syrup. All served over ice of course! I sip on it for at least 30 mins and savor every bit!

FairLife Milk has 80 calories, 0 fat, 6 carbs, 13 grams of Protein per cup.

That's an excellent food choice, @AshAsh1. I'll have to keep this one in mind.

1 minute ago, Mattymatt said:

That's an excellent food choice, @AshAsh1. I'll have to keep this one in mind.

Thanks MattyMatt! I stopped using Protein supplements (unless I let my local smoothie King make me one ;)) but FairLife is good to mix with those and with Soups that require milk or Water. Wherever you can get that added protein. How is your purred diet going so far? Is this day 2?

Just now, AshAsh1 said:

Thanks MattyMatt! I stopped using Protein supplements (unless I let my local smoothie King make me one ;)) but FairLife is good to mix with those and with Soups that require milk or Water. Wherever you can get that added Protein. How is your purred diet going so far? Is this day 2?

LOL! I wish I was at pureed. I am still have a week of full liquids left. When I go to puree, I am really going to do my best to get my protein from food and not shakes. Initially, it may be very difficult because at my height, weight, and BMI, I need 100g of protein. But, I will try to make only 30g of that in the shake form.

3 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

LOL! I wish I was at pureed. I am still have a week of full liquids left. When I go to puree, I am really going to do my best to get my Protein from food and not shakes. Initially, it may be very difficult because at my height, weight, and BMI, I need 100g of protein. But, I will try to make only 30g of that in the shake form.

Oh I must have mixed you up with someone else. I did see you posted about the thickening stuff. I will say that the purred stage sucked for me. I bought a fancy NutriBullet and I have a Vitamix. Neither one was helpful when it came to liquefying things that actually tasted or looked good. My suggestion, go out onto Vitamix's website and they have several REALLY good Soup recipes. They are all completely smooth and you can mix it up with any blender (with tweaks here and there). The butternut squash is my favorite! I used Bone Broth for added protein. I lived on soup and Protein Shakes. It was pretty much like an extra week of full liquids. I did buy GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder. It has the BEST bang for your buck when it comes to protein. It also requires very little powder per serving, which is helpful when mixing with soup and what not. But I mixed that with refried Beans and mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes (not every meal, but yes I did eat them).