Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today’s lunch picture

On 3/28/2018 at 2:42 PM, Sunnyday25 said:

I don't mean this in a judgy way at all but how the heck can you eat so much I am still at 1.8 to 2 oz of food per meal and the 2oz makes me very uncomfortable (I am almost 6mos post op) my lunch is literally 3 slices of turkey lunch meat with a small amount of garlic spread. So maybe i mean it in a jealousy kind of way lol

And FYI it looks super yummy

I'm obsessing about serving sizes, so pls excuse me in advance :-) Ho many meals a day do you need to eat to meet your Protein goal?

6 hours ago, Apple203 said:

I'm obsessing about serving sizes, so pls excuse me in advance :-) Ho many meals a day do you need to eat to meet your Protein goal?

4 to 5 depends on how many hours I’m awake. Meeting Protein goals is not that difficult especially if your a woman in which case it’s much less.

By my calculations, a person needs about 10 ounces of Protein (fish/chicken/beef) a day to hit 65-75 grams of protein -- more if you are adding yogurt/cottage cheese/eggs/beans.

3 minutes ago, Apple203 said:

By my calculations, a person needs about 10 ounces of Protein (fish/chicken/beef) a day to hit 65-75 grams of Protein -- more if you are adding yogurt/cottage cheese/eggs/beans.

If you include plant based protein that number can increase significantly. Also nuts & legumes.

Edited by Seahawks Fan

3 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

If you include plant based Protein that number can increase significantly. Also nuts & legumes.

Good point -- my head is so locked in to two ounces soft protein 2X per day that I forgot!! Can't wait to start a more normal diet (with veges, fruits, nuts) in 2 weeks.

Just now, Apple203 said:

Good point -- my head is so locked in to two ounces soft Protein 2X per day that I forgot!! Can't wait to start a more normal diet (with veges, fruits, nuts) in 2 weeks.

Been there! It can be a struggle but it will pass & you’ll be enjoying small healthy plates.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:49 AM, Apple203 said:

I eat three meals a day, I have one shake 25g Protein, and my I usually have half a Protein Bar for my second snack I average 19 carbs a day and 1-5 g of sugar my protein is 60+ and my Water intake is 50-60

2 hours ago, Sunnyday25 said:

I eat three meals a day, I have one shake 25g Protein, and my I usually have half a Protein Bar for my second snack I average 19 carbs a day and 1-5 g of sugar my Protein is 60+ and my Water intake is 50-60

@Sunnyday25 I find it interesting how people "count" meals. So let me understand, you have 3 meals of "food" per day, but you ALSO have 2 nameless eating events comprised of: 1 Protein Drink and another one consisting of a protein bar?

So to me you are having: 4 meals + protein bar (unless that is a Meal Replacement bar in which case I would call that 5 meals).

LOL.

Me personally?

I eat 5 meals right now (6 meals if I don't get all my protein in earlier in the day). Technically it's 3 meals + 2 Snacks, but honestly the meal sizes are still so close to the same at each meal, I don't differentiate yet.

B-Protein drink in coffee 6-8oz PP

MS-egg scramble

L-protein + salad

AS-protein + salad or fruit

D-protein + veg + avo/tom

BS-only if I didn't make my protein goal for the day of minimum 60g protein

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

@Sunnyday25 I find it interesting how people "count" meals. So let me understand, you have 3 meals of "food" per day, but you ALSO have 2 nameless eating events comprised of: 1 Protein Drink and another one consisting of a Protein Bar?

So to me you are having: 4 meals + Protein bar (unless that is a Meal Replacement bar in which case I would call that 5 meals).

LOL.

Me personally?

I eat 5 meals right now (6 meals if I don't get all my protein in earlier in the day). Technically it's 3 meals + 2 Snacks, but honestly the meal sizes are still so close to the same at each meal, I don't differentiate yet.

B-Protein drink in coffee 6-8oz PP

MS-egg scramble

L-protein + salad

AS-protein + salad or fruit

D-protein + veg + avo/tom

BS-only if I didn't make my protein goal for the day of minimum 60g protein

Nope my meals are sit down events where I take time out of my day to reflect and work on myself emotionally and mentally I do this 3 times a day to keep myself connected liquid shake I drink while I get ready in the morning it takes me 45 minutes to drink it but it's a bit of a mindless activity and my meals are almost double the size of my snack my snack half a protein bar is sliced up into bite size portions that I typically eat on my drive home again it's a bit more mindless it takes me about an hour to eat 1 ounce this way. Also it helps to remind everyone that I am still only on protein I don't eat vegetables or fruits and that the carbs I get come from my half protein bar and my shake. Oh and something to Celebrate I hit 101 pounds down today I am just shy of 6 months post op

That's fantastic! Congrats on being 101 lbs in 6 months! That's phenomenal!!!!!!

So see, this is such a great conversation! (Apologies to @Seahawks Fan for running away with his original post - but---wait for it...

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!

its-so-fluffy.jpg.ad59c6f1fe83358418df9f525fe32672.jpg

Cuz it's so individual. To you, you count meals not by consuming calories, but rather by separation of your day and activity. My meals are counted by anything with caloric value is counted as an eating event. Because I'm still so soon out and the meals and Snacks are the same size -- just to get my Protein in...I count it as 5-6 mini meals (most are under 100cals each lol). I don't intake any other calories. If I did, I'd have to count it as a mini meal. :)

When I do get to the point where I can have bigger meals, then I will have 3 meals + 1-2 snacks per day. :) And nowhere else will I have calories--not even in drinks. To me a protein drink that delivers calories and nutrition is either a meal or a snack depending on how much protein you get. At 25g of protein, that's a meals worth of protein.

Good times, huh?