Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today’s lunch picture

I'm curious to know what size plates you are using?? I've been using normal dinner plates and my meals never look so appealing because of all the blank space where potatoes used to go lol.

6 hours ago, Francess said:

Wow, looks good but seems like a lot, how many months post surgery? Looks like meat, nuts, raw veggies, all of which are not on my diet till 8 weeks. None bothers you?

My nutritionist said no Pasta , never.

I’m 9 weeks this Thursday. I’ve had very little Pasta. No problems with any foods so far.

4 hours ago, jackersducky said:

I'm curious to know what size plates you are using?? I've been using normal dinner plates and my meals never look so appealing because of all the blank space where potatoes used to go lol.

I use the smallest saucers for my meals. Yeah I miss those potatoes to. I bought a bag of very small fingerlings to throw a couple on the plate occasionally.

5 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

This is for the full 6 as well, you said you could only eat approximately 3? Not to shabby if you cut these values in half.

Yeah I have trouble finishing 3. I’ve removed the outer Pasta & ate the meat and veggies inside to.

I use the smallest saucers for my meals. Yeah I miss those potatoes to. I bought a bag of very small fingerlings to throw a couple on the plate occasionally.

Thanks!! I’ll have to follow you on instagram

Just to try to copycat you, I had shrimp last night and I made asparagus. So so so yummy! I ate 3 jumbo shrimp (2.16oz and 1.23oz asparagus). :blush:

It was not however, a stall-breaker. LOL.

Really ready to be off liquids...these both sound so yummy!

I don't mean this in a judgy way at all but how the heck can you eat so much I am still at 1.8 to 2 oz of food per meal and the 2oz makes me very uncomfortable (I am almost 6mos post op) my lunch is literally 3 slices of turkey lunch meat with a small amount of garlic spread. So maybe i mean it in a jealousy kind of way lol

And FYI it looks super yummy

Just now, Sunnyday25 said:

I don't mean this in a judgy way at all but how the heck can you eat so much I am still at 1.8 to 2 oz of food per meal and the 2oz makes me very uncomfortable (I am almost 6mos post op) my lunch is literally 3 slices of turkey lunch meat with a small amount of garlic spread. So maybe i mean it in a jealousy kind of way lol

And FYI it looks super yummy

Hey girlie, don't know if you're talking to me or not? But I'll answer, I'm worried about it frankly! But I've now gone back to making sure I only eat 1/2c of food which for me is about 1 1/2oz Protein + 1/2-1oz of veg (+ sometimes "meat lube"). LOL.

The RD and doc both said that I'm pretty typical for her patients. That most likely I have very little inflammation and that I may have a less tricky stoma. She also said some people just "get it in their head" that they're supposed to have difficulty eating after surgery and it starts spasms in their tum or esophagus. So that after 2-3 bites they have a false sense of fullness. (This was the RD.) She said others have spastic colons that create the same issue.

So bottom line was I was eating too much and just because I "can" eat that much, doesn't mean I "should" eat that much. :D But adding texture and more raw or low cooked veggies and denser meats have helped me realize I have a full level!

Thank you fluffy chick its good to know I was looking specifically at the picture it looks super tasty but man oh man Tonight I had 1.8oz of pork chop fat cut away I am still on 100% Protein any who at 1.8oz my head begins to throb and my stomach starts to hurt I make sure to chew really well 20 each bite and it took me 20 minutes to eat tonight I am not complaining to much if I am still loosing weight you know what I mean

16 hours ago, Sunnyday25 said:

Thank you fluffy chick its good to know I was looking specifically at the picture it looks super tasty but man oh man Tonight I had 1.8oz of pork chop fat cut away I am still on 100% Protein any who at 1.8oz my head begins to throb and my stomach starts to hurt I make sure to chew really well 20 each bite and it took me 20 minutes to eat tonight I am not complaining to much if I am still loosing weight you know what I mean

I can eat 4-6 ounces & im not sure if that’s a good thing or not. It’s different for everyone. I’m 10 weeks out today & I’m losing at a good pace as per my surgical group but it feels like a snails pace to me. I’ve been able to eat that amount from day one. I’m jealous of you not being able to eat that amount. Sometimes I wonder if being able to eat 4-6 ounces every 3 hours or so is a gift or a curse! I wonder if the small amount you consume is due to scar tissue or simply a smaller pouch. My surgeon uses a model Endoscopically to measure the size of the pouch & assured me that all of his patients have the same size pouch with all or nearly all of the elasticity removed. If the amount you are able to eat becomes a concern talk to your surgeon about having a look for scar tissue etc. otherwise the way I see it your blessed with a smaller pouch. Keep me posted.

5 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I can eat 4-6 ounces & im not sure if that’s a good thing or not. It’s different for everyone. I’m 10 weeks out today & I’m losing at a good pace as per my surgical group but it feels like a snails pace to me. I’ve been able to eat that amount from day one. I’m jealous of you not being able to eat that amount. Sometimes I wonder if being able to eat 4-6 ounces every 3 hours or so is a gift or a curse! I wonder if the small amount you consume is due to scar tissue or simply a smaller pouch. My surgeon uses a model Endoscopically to measure the size of the pouch & assured me that all of his patients have the same size pouch with all or nearly all of the elasticity removed. If the amount you are able to eat becomes a concern talk to your surgeon about having a look for scar tissue etc. otherwise the way I see it your blessed with a smaller pouch. Keep me posted.

Hiya! Congrats on hitting Twoterville!! That's outstanding!

So I think we should make it mandatory that when we talk in terms of ounces, we clarify whether it is volumetric or by weight.

4-6oz by volume is only 1/2 - 5/8 cup of food by volume.

4oz Protein by weight fills about 1cup of space. (try this with ground meat and you will be startled to see it's true!)

6oz protein by weight fills about 1 1/2 cups of space.

:) This is something that presents serious issues for me. Cuz some things are so dense they do occupy less space. Like tuna fish salad. Once you put the mayo/mustard, pickle relish, and grated egg in it, it's roughly twice as weighty as its volume. So if you're used to eating dry tuna where 1oz occupies 1/4c, with tuna salad a 1/4c may weight 2oz. See the predicament? :)

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hiya! Congrats on hitting Twoterville!! That's outstanding!

So I think we should make it mandatory that when we talk in terms of ounces, we clarify whether it is volumetric or by weight.

4-6oz by volume is only 1/2 - 5/8 cup of food by volume.

4oz Protein by weight fills about 1cup of space. (try this with ground meat and you will be startled to see it's true!)

6oz Protein by weight fills about 1 1/2 cups of space.

:) This is something that presents serious issues for me. Cuz some things are so dense they do occupy less space. Like tuna fish salad. Once you put the mayo/mustard, pickle relish, and grated egg in it, it's roughly twice as weighty as its volume. So if you're used to eating dry tuna where 1oz occupies 1/4c, with tuna salad a 1/4c may weight 2oz. See the predicament? :)

Yes! My meals are always around 1/2 cup average but I also use a food scale to get an idea of what 1/2 cup looks like with different varieties of food. Most of the time the scale reads 4 or 5 ounces but depending on the density of the food it can absolutely differ!

I started last week using my 1/2c measuring cup and putting it on the scale. So then I measure out 1 1/2oz of meat (which usually consumes about 3/4 of the volume available in the 1/2cup) and then I add the veg on top until it equals a perfect 1/2 cup. :) It usually means, that I get between 1/4 and 1/4oz of veg to fill it up.

But I'm trying to use as heavy and dense a Protein as possible.