Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today’s lunch picture

I just grabbed my big book of surgery down to flip through it everything is done in oz's and in the big black ominous binder it specifically says that we are not to use measuring cups until we hit 75% of our weight loss its crazy how all the Dr's have a different way of doing things. I cant even eat vegies yet only things that at one point had a face my Dr's words swear to god lol I am at 98 pounds down right now and if we go off of my Dr's guess for my weight I have 27ish left to go which means that I should be flipping over to the new system mid April though I don't know how that is going to work when I can barely eat a whole large egg scrambled.

12 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Around 3 oz on the scale fills the cup or 3 oz Protein then the remainder in veggies. If I’m feeling really hungry I eat more Protein.

Fills 1 cup? Or fills a half cup? Lol. I'm making grilled chicken boob tonight - I'll try to take a pic of the scale weight and volume just for grins!

53 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Fills 1 cup? Or fills a half cup? Lol. I'm making grilled chicken boob tonight - I'll try to take a pic of the scale weight and volume just for grins!

I have 1/2 cup bowls made by Fit n Fresh. They’re perfect for taking things with you.

28 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I have 1/2 cup bowls made by Fit n Fresh. They’re perfect for taking things with you.

Awesome!

Ok, here's my dinner tonight. Mr. F. picked up and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, no bun, no cheese, no onions, no lettuce. :) So basically just grilled chicken and Tomato. I added 1/2oz of avocado. (The 1.75oz of diced chicken filled up the cup about 3/4 of the way up the 1/2 cup measure. Had I done 2oz, it would have been level with the 1/2c measuring cup.)

This filled 1/2 cup with a little rounding to it where I added the avocado (cuz it's a slider... ;) ) haha. It has 1.75oz of chicken by weight measured into the 1/2 cup measure. 1/2oz tomato diced. 1/2oz avo diced.

It's on a small cocktail plate that I've been using for meals. It's about a 6in plate in diameter.

grilled-chick-avo-tom-5week_web.thumb.jpg.f883cf496d847869d55b0b0909b7035d.jpg

Looks delicious!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Awesome!

Ok, here's my dinner tonight. Mr. F. picked up and I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, no bun, no cheese, no onions, no lettuce. :) So basically just grilled chicken and Tomato. I added 1/2oz of avocado. (The 1.75oz of diced chicken filled up the cup about 3/4 of the way up the 1/2 cup measure. Had I done 2oz, it would have been level with the 1/2c measuring cup.)

This filled 1/2 cup with a little rounding to it where I added the avocado (cuz it's a slider... ;) ) haha. It has 1.75oz of chicken by weight measured into the 1/2 cup measure. 1/2oz Tomato diced. 1/2oz avo diced.

It's on a small cocktail plate that I've been using for meals. It's about a 6in plate in diameter.

grilled-chick-avo-tom-5week_web.thumb.jpg.f883cf496d847869d55b0b0909b7035d.jpg

Perfect! That’s the same amount I eat. Nice choices to.

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh those are really neat Protein charts! Thanks for sharing!

No problem. They can be helpful.

4 hours ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Where from? That looks just like my binder.

Columbus, Ohio Health

38 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Perfect! That’s the same amount I eat. Nice choices to.

Isn't it so weird that we eat the same amounts but ur a guy I'm a girl and ur twice as far ahead as me aren't u? Makes me feel a little guilty to eat that much! 😢

15 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Nice booklet. And yes, I got something similar. BUT what I'm trying to explain is that these goobers slip easily between volume and weights! AND THE TWO ARE NOT EQUAL OR THE SAME!!!! (ex: 1oz of spinach by volume is VASTLY different from 1oz of spinach BY WEIGHT) And for patients who are literal, it makes it hard to decipher.

Cuz when Seahawk says he is eating 4-6oz per meal, YOU and I may be mistakenly thinking that this dude is sitting down at his stage and chowing down on 4-6 ounces of food BY WEIGHT. And if he is, then holy cow! Cuz by volume, 4-6oz of food by weight is more like 1 to 1 1/2 cups of food by volume depending on what you are measuring and weighing.

Soooooo when you figure he is ACTUALLY using a volumetric statement to describe his food quantity, it's much easier to compute! He is eating basically 1/2 cup to 3/4c of food BY VOLUME!!!!

Your own book does the same confusing thing. It's talking talking talking volumetric measures (ie 1/4c, 1/2c, etc) then the Protein switches speeds to be 2oz. So yeah. I assume they mean 2oz BY WEIGHT. But please know that any day of the world, if you measure dry, cooked meats either diced, shredded or ground, 2oz BY WEIGHT will total right about 1/2cup BY VOLUME!!!!

Maybe this is because during our class our nutritionalist would tell us the weight and then took a piece of chicken (fake) and show up how much that would be in cups. So they were showing both.

So I dropped my r d a note asking this question last night and her reply this morning was to try to hit the weight goal not the volume goal. Confirming that it is true all of our practices are different LOL

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

14 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Isn't it so weird that we eat the same amounts but ur a guy I'm a girl and ur twice as far ahead as me aren't u? Makes me feel a little guilty to eat that much! 😢

What? No I’ve been able to eat that amount since puréed. I fear that could be an issue down the road.

3 hours ago, Apple203 said:

So I dropped my r d a note asking this question last night and her reply this morning was to try to hit the weight goal not the volume goal. Confirming that it is true all of our practices are different LOL

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I may have missed it in an earlier post but what is the recommended weight of your portions/servings.

I know it’s not food but 1/2 a cup of gold weighs 5 pounds. Just saying weight and density varies tremendously even with foods.

1 hour ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I may have missed it in an earlier post but what is the recommended weight of your portions/servings.

In a couple of weeks, 2.5 ounces Protein, plus 1/4-1/2 cup fruit/veges. I have a calorie target, too (only because I asked): 600-800 per day. This is up to 3 month checkup.

Edited by Apple203