Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

summer ‘18 surgery??? people under 30?

If it is,mild you might be able to get away with a sleeve since you're so young but surgeons usually steer you towards a RnY because with that you don't reflux stomach acid back up. Follow your surgeon's advice he's taken part in more surgeries than me and my not-quite-yet one. I'm satisfied with my own decision.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Sometimes they also Cat scan or X Ray you, it will depend on what your surgeon wants to see about you. On my endoscopy report I had color pictures of my esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine, all pretty healthy except for gastritis, GERD and Hector my baby gastric ulcer, my RnY should help with all that. How did I get Hector? Too many NSAIDS taken for arthritis pain, I was taking 3-4 ibuprofen at a time. Now I have grouchy little Hector as a gift, he is the gift that keeps on hurting instead of giving. And yes in the US you are usually asleep, my last one was effortless and absolutely no pain after.
Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

LOL love that you have him named. i have like mild acid reflux but def don’t have GERD or any other issues i’m aware of

Im going with rny because i have slight acid reflux and diabetes and major sugar addict and i want dumping syndrome as a tool to help me

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

sounds like we’ll be going through everything together!! i’m about to turn 22 on sunday! in two weeks i have to get an upper gi? not sure what that exactly entails but i think they’re taking pics of my stomach or something?

they didn’t explicitly tell me to lose weight before surgery, but they said if i can get down to 312 it would be ideal in terms of not having to be on as many medications or something along those lines. i would like to personally lose weight before surgery anyway though to get into the routine.

So the upper gi was super simple, I was in the office maybe 2 hours total and that was for registration, prep and after. I don’t remember any of it but I had no issues once the anesthesia wore off. Also the psych appointment I had this morning was easy too, he was super easy to talk to, and the questions were just every day things.

Happy early birthday!!!!

I have to lose weight to show that I’m dedicated to the program and success. I’m trying my best but it’s very difficult. I have read so much on this app and other apps, websites, articles etc that have educated me and help me through this process. My family is also very supportive which is helping me a lot. I am happy to know someone else on about the same timeline as me!!

i’m having my endoscopy on april 3rd. very nervous for it, let me know how yours goes!

So do I! My upper endoscopy is the 3rd of April.. I’m getting my barium swallow test today at 8:45am, I had my first group meeting yesterday. I learned a lot and some of the people in the group really try to get together and push each other to stay on track either via social media or texting each other reminders.. it’s nice :)

It will pass fast if your appointments are somewhat spread out. Do you know roughly when your surgery will be?

[emoji991] Instagram: milaalmodovar
[emoji317] SC: almodovarmila

Hello and welcome!! I’m 25 and just had the sleeve done this past Tuesday. If you have any questions let me know!! Best of luck to you and keep utilizing this site it’s awesome to see the community that’s built up here.

I'm 26 I'll be 27 when I have surgery I'm in Maryland I'm trying to eliminate the bad stuff I'm hoping for a September date as well so let's keep up with each other I'm always willing to chat

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Where in Maryland!? I’m in MD too!

Hello! So I am technically 30, can I still respond? Haha :) I am hoping to have my surgery sometime in June or July, but I am secretly hoping that since I don't have a time prerequisite on belonging to a program or what not, that maybe they can squeeze me in sooner. Who knows!

Hello! So I am technically 30, can I still respond? Haha [emoji4] I am hoping to have my surgery sometime in June or July, but I am secretly hoping that since I don't have a time prerequisite on belonging to a program or what not, that maybe they can squeeze me in sooner. Who knows!

hahah of course you can reply!! hoping to have my surgery around the same time!

Hello! So I am technically 30, can I still respond? Haha [emoji4] I am hoping to have my surgery sometime in June or July, but I am secretly hoping that since I don't have a time prerequisite on belonging to a program or what not, that maybe they can squeeze me in sooner. Who knows!

hahah of course you can reply!! hoping to have my surgery around the same time!

Sweet! Where are you all in the process? I did the full day immersion day requires, met with the psych and have my first nutritionist appt this Wednesday. My next psych is 4/5, and I meet with the surgeon 4/12. No luck on endo being scheduled yet, I guess it’s difficult to schedule.

also, am I the only one that can’t wait to NOT shop plus size?!? I have such issues finding clothes that actually fit, I just can’t wait to have OPTIONS!

Edited by Kay07

Sweet! Where are you all in the process? I did the full day immersion day requires, met with the psych and have my first nutritionist appt this Wednesday. My next psych is 4/5, and I meet with the surgeon 4/12. No luck on endo being scheduled yet, I guess it’s difficult to schedule.
also, am I the only one that can’t wait to NOT shop plus size?!? I have such issues finding clothes that actually fit, I just can’t wait to have OPTIONS!

i had my full day appt as well (met w psych/nutritionist/surgeon) and have to attend a young adult meeting this thurs. then i have my next appt with the psych on april 3 and that’s when i’m getting my endo and barium swallow test.

omg yes i can’t wait to shop. there’s so many stores i can’t wait to shop at (like j crew for work clothes since i’ll be entering the work force in the fall) and like american eagle and just any place stylish lol. gonna go broke!!! will need interim cheap suggestions until i reach a steady weight though.

i had my full day appt as well (met w psych/nutritionist/surgeon) and have to attend a young adult meeting this thurs. then i have my next appt with the psych on april 3 and that’s when i’m getting my endo and barium swallow test.

omg yes i can’t wait to shop. there’s so many stores i can’t wait to shop at (like j crew for work clothes since i’ll be entering the work force in the fall) and like american eagle and just any place stylish lol. gonna go broke!!! will need interim cheap suggestions until i reach a steady weight though.