Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you do with your old clothing? AND clothing goals?

I have gone through some of my clothing and i;ve already gotten a big bag of stuff to give away. Mostly stuff I won't wear or jeans that don't fit anymore. I'd love to give them to someone who is doing bariatric surgery and needs just a few things or so to tide em over while they lose weight. Does anyone know of a place like that?

Also....

What is your clothing goal? that one thing you want to wear or size that'll be the ah ha moment?

For me, being a music junky, I can't wait to wear band t-shirts. I've only been to one concert(Green Day) but most bands I like don't seem to have plus size shirts. My goal is a xl t-shirt. I need to buy one. I know i'll cry like a baby when I reach that goal. lol

2 suggestions for you. 1st check with your bariatric center or surgeon's office, in some locales they have or know of something like a Bariatric Clothes-closet that you can donate outgrown things to or switch for comparable. Like I took in 3 dresses and 4 pants size 26, I could trade for an equal amount in say 20, 22, or 24. Suggestion#2: You say,you're a music or concert junkie? Check Volunteers of America, Salvation Army or Goodwill stores for something like Def Leopard, Lynard Skinner, Rolling Stones(God I'm Showing My Age!) t shirt in an X large or even an large, hang it on your wall where you can get inspired, especially when you're on a liquid diet. If you can see it, you'll start to believe it. It can and will come true.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I ended up just donating my clothes to goodwill / salvation army. It was a very good feeling to be rid of them. I have a policy where I keep clothes that are too small, but not ones that are too big. That's paying off now as I raid my closet and put on clothes that I haven't fit into for 10 years. My goal is to get to the smallest section of clothes, which will be things I haven't been able to wear for nearly 15 years... it feels good to put on some of that old stuff and remember the last time I wore it.

Donated my old clothes to the church. This way I know people who can use them get them.(for free) Some places take the clothes and sell them for a profit and the intended people don't get anything.

I remember at 244 I said I won't buy any clothes till I'm at goal.

I'm 160s now and I can't stop buying :( I'm a size 12 now from a 24ish ( UK size )

I haven't given any away because in my head they still fit. But I don't wear them because my friends keep laughing at me saying my clothes are falling of me.

I really need to stop buying.

But from 160s to 135 is it possible I'l stay a size 12 as I don't wear tight clothes always wear a size up. So maybe I'll get to keep my new clothes as they are so stylish.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, melsabells said:

I have gone through some of my clothing and i;ve already gotten a big bag of stuff to give away. Mostly stuff I won't wear or jeans that don't fit anymore. I'd love to give them to someone who is doing bariatric surgery and needs just a few things or so to tide em over while they lose weight. Does anyone know of a place like that?

Also....

What is your clothing goal? that one thing you want to wear or size that'll be the ah ha moment?

For me, being a music junky, I can't wait to wear band t-shirts. I've only been to one concert(Green Day) but most bands I like don't seem to have plus size shirts. My goal is a xl t-shirt. I need to buy one. I know i'll cry like a baby when I reach that goal. lol

Donating is a great idea. Many plus size store can be expensive. Someone would be thrilled to have them.

Clothing is an addiction. All the cute things I could not wear pre surgery has been fun. When I hit a weight goal I rewarded myself with shopping for a special item.

You are going to go through so many sizes. Enjoy each moment!

Wally World had tops marked down to $1 some of them actually pretty. So I bought one in the size I'd like to be to hang on the outside of my closet door over the mirror. That mirror is demon-possessed--'' it always makes me look ugly. So it is going to suffer punishment, it won't be able to sneer at me anymore. Ok I confess,i did buy a couple in my current size but the mirror,won't be able to see me because I covered him up.[emoji28]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Im just hoping to get to either single digits or juniors again i have a petite frame and really short legs so i would love some pants that fit off the rack

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

Gave most of my clothes to friends or charity, my goal was to get out of plus size clothing and when I was able to fit into a xl I was happy. A couple of weeks ago I bought a size m dress which now fits but the kicker is today I fit into a pair of size 13 fashion nova jeans that my niece was trying to give me!
Craziness