Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cc's with first fill?

Hi there,

I'm going for my first fill tomorrow but with a doctor other than the one that fitted my Lapband.

How many cc's of solution is normal for the first fill? I don't want to be over filled (ever, but especially with the first fill) but I have to pay 150 euros for each fill so I don't want to be significantly underfilled each time either.

A bit of a quandry but will be easier if I know the amount that is "usual".

Lapband Germany 22/11/04

There's no standard for a fill amount. Each dr. seems to have his/her own preference. Some are aggressive, others prefer to "sneak up on it". Best of luck to you!

I have the 11cc band and had 2 cc's for each fill i've had so far.....don't know how they do it in Germany but best of luck to you, let us know how it goes!!!

hi jax

i had my first fill this week and it was 4.2 cc in a 10cc band... mine only cost 84 euro with flouro so france is defo cheaper than germany... hope it all goes well

love tracey

My first fill was 2cc's which ended up being a big mistake and caused me a lot of pain and even more money in medical costs. It would have been better to have started out with a little less... I never expected to start with that big of a fill. I am now perfectly restricted at less than that original 2cc's.

Darcy

Thanks to all who responded.

Had the fill this morning. Doc put in 1cc and to be honest I don't feel any different.

I'm definately with nightingale though and want to do this properly even if it is slowly. I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if anything has changed before I go and demand my €150 worth of saline!!!

Tracey... What a great price! But Lyon's a real pain for me to get to. I live in Italy and would have to go via London so the same problems there as getting to and from Frankfurt.

My doc said he normally puts in 1cc on the first...then a 1/2cc on those after that. After my first fill it took about 5-6 days for me to feel more restriction....not sure why but I have read other posts with same issues.....good luck!

That's reassuring, thanks. I'm not feeling any restirction this morning, hopefully this fill will be a late starter like yours!

Jax... Even the 2cc fill didn't kick in right away... 3 weeks later it kicked in and in a big way! It's a journey trying to find the right level of restriction... mine is perfect for me at this point and am hoping it will stay that way for awhile.

I was wondering what the difference in the sizes of the bands are? I saw ladiebird has 10cc band and katie and you said your was 11cc band. How many sizes are there?

I'm so confused and undecided, after reading Darcy's post, I think I should wait before going back for another fill attempt.

Please explain how it could possibly take 3 weeks for a fill to kick in. I definately don't want to be too tight. I've read where others had the same experience. It just seems if it goes in the band then it would be noticed immediately. I'm definately gonna insist my doctor do the flouro before he makes another "attempt". The fill may have hit and I just don't know it yet.

I did my research for two years (Leatha) and thought I had this thing down Pat, (excuse the pun), but now I just don't know.... to fill or not to fill, that is the question.