Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre op diet/ upset

So day 2 of pre op diet and it’s so hard I’m starving but I gotta do what I gotta do

I still haven’t got a date so I’m still going through clearances... dr won’t clear me until I get ultrasound that she ordered a month ago?! & a mri that she also ordered a month ago! I’m annoyed, everything was going so good. So fr I’ve only gotten the EKG clearance I’m not sure if she sent it to the office or is she waiting for me to do the mri& ultra sound to get Medically cleared to send with it I’m just drained

Why are you on the pre op diet if you don't have a surgery date yet?

One of the clearances my doctor requested was for me to loose 10 to 20 pounds before. So he suggested I go on this diet. 2 Protein Shakes & 1 regular meal a day.

What are the MRI and ultrasound of? That’s a bit unusual. Liver?

What are the MRI and ultrasound of? That’s a bit unusual. Liver?

No , i had back issues/surgery before but it’s acting up again so she had requested for a mri of my lumbar spine, it has nothing to do with the weight loss surgery neither does the ultrasound, but she said she won’t clear me unless I get those things done

No , i had back issues/surgery before but it’s acting up again so she had requested for a mri of my lumbar spine, it has nothing to do with the weight loss surgery neither does the ultrasound, but she said she won’t clear me unless I get those things done

Ahhh got it

I just was thinking if my surgeon suddenly decides he wants an abdominal ultra sound both my gastroenterologist and cardiologist have done them within the last 3 months. GI for liver and intestinal, cardiologist to rule out abdominal aortic aneurysm potentiality. Still don't have my firm date, dang it.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I was able to lose 100 pounds Pre Op by going Keto and eating as if I had already been sleeved. This time before the surgery will Help you get prepared for life Post Op. Keeping your Protein High and your Carbs low will help you trim that 20 in a Hurry. Head Hunger is terrible but once you learn to tell the difference between it and true Hunger you will have a tool to build your future with. Good Luck

If you are truly hungry (not head hungry) is there a reason you couldn't add in one more shake? Are you tracking calories? If not you should consider. If your one meal a day ends up blowing it out of the Water because you're starving yourself on the shakes you'll end up sabotaged. FYI- When I make my shakes I add in extra ice and leave it a little crunchy. Something to chew during the day definitely helps with that need.

I was able to lose 100 pounds Pre Op by going Keto and eating as if I had already been sleeved. This time before the surgery will Help you get prepared for life Post Op. Keeping your Protein High and your Carbs low will help you trim that 20 in a Hurry. Head Hunger is terrible but once you learn to tell the difference between it and true Hunger you will have a tool to build your future with. Good Luck

What’s keto? & thank you(:

Keto is when your body goes in Ketosis and burns your fat stores instead of using your food for energy. I eat mostly meat Dairy and Green Vegetables. I try to keep my daily Carbs under 20 a day.