Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First visit with surgeon!

I will have my first visit on the 22nd. Super nervous. Trying to have this surgery thru tricare prime. What should i expect on my first visit? Will testing be done at first visit?

At my first meeting, I got weighed, then met with the surgeon. We talked about my medical history and goals, and then we ended up talking about energy policy, because thats what I do professionally and he was pretty curious. After that, I met with a nurse or tech (I'm not sure) who handed me a binder of information and medical orders for tests, and walked me through it. Finally, the receptionist set up a number of subsequent appointments.

ETA, I was pretty nervous, too! It'll be easy :-)

Edited by Apple203

I will have my first visit on the 22nd. Super nervous. Trying to have this surgery thru tricare prime. What should i expect on my first visit? Will testing be done at first visit?

Hi! I too have Tricare prime...but remote. I will be having my first appointment soon. I’m interested in how smooth this will go with Tricare.

I have my first appointment with the surgeon next Monday [emoji15] it’s getting real!

I too have Tricare Prime. To my amazement when my referral came through I am seeing a surgeon on base. Have all my nutritional appts next month and labs and move on to tbe next.

So lucky base Naval here in beaufort is so small i see a doctor 50mil from home i habe my appointments scheduled for next month. Did they give you a food log yet?

20 minutes ago, PCOSSUCKS said:

I have my first appointment with the surgeon next Monday it’s getting real!

I just had mine the 22nd Doctor said i should habe no problem getting surgery. One of the ladies in the office said the only way i get rejected is if i lose a lot of weight in the next 3m

No. When they called she asked if I had 3 months of “diet” and I didn’t then she said “oh never mind, insurance isn’t requiring it”...so idk of its bc of the other stuff I have going on that diet isn’t a factor...maybe?

We are national Guard so we are waaaaay more than 50 mike from MTF so all I see are civilian dr.’s

I too have Tricare Prime. To my amazement when my referral came through I am seeing a surgeon on base. Have all my nutritional appts next month and labs and move on to tbe next.

I’m interested how that will go for you. I’m very anxious to see what all they are going to want from me...

When we lived at ft. Rucker it was easy to get referrals to civilian dr.’s.

1 minute ago, PCOSSUCKS said:

No. When they called she asked if I had 3 months of “diet” and I didn’t then she said “oh never mind, insurance isn’t requiring it”...so idk of its bc of the other stuff I have going on that diet isn’t a factor...maybe?

Thats awesome prob why. I have started the logs i habe to see the dietician march29.

13 minutes ago, Kat0000 said:

So awesome are you logging food already? This is so weird to me lol

I know my first call to the surgeons office she asked me if I had 3-6 months of diet history or treatment history and I had been on metformin for 8 months and she said that counts

6 minutes ago, HARRISMOMMYOF2 said:

So lucky base Naval here in beaufort is so small i see a doctor 50mil from home i habe my appointments scheduled for next month. Did they give you a food log yet?

No food log, I believe the nutritionist has me log in to fitnesspal for what i eat. I see her or him Mar 5,12 and 26 and hopefully get a clearance. Have to follow and log.