Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

Hi there! I’m new here, but I just got my surgery date 4/23. I’m very excited to start this journey!

Yayyyy very exciting!!! Keep us updated on your progress!!

April 5th. I just got the date yesterday.

23 hours ago, apositivelife4me said:

I am not a trol and I feel dirty and disgustged that you suggested such.

Ok, so here's the thing. You have posted about this before in many forums and have been given advice on how this is unhealthy after surgery. You post a lot in other forums all asking about ice cream. In reality, in order for this surgery to work you are going to have to change your lifestyle including exercise and eating habits that have caused you to be where you are today.

Where are you in your journey? Are you just beginning, have you met with a few doctors and completed an initial evaluation, or are you close to surgery. Most of us have followed diets, exercise programs, and prescription medications for weight loss and this is our last option.

Maybe you should try changing your eating habits before committing to such a surgery. The reason for this is because this surgery is just a tool. If you do not follow your doctor's advice on eating you can put your life in danger. At this rate it seems like milkshakes might lead to other unhealthy eating habits. If you break your post op diet you could tear stitches causing your stomach acid to leak into your body resulting in emergency surgery and possibly death.

Is fast food really worth this?

Like I said, many of us have been through many courses, regimens, clearances, labs, nutritional and exercise programs. This is not something we would be doing if we could do it on our own. If you have already been through some of the education in correspondence to this surgery then it is foolish for you to be contemplating taking these risks post op.

There are so many people out there that would give anything to have this surgery but either cannot afford it or cannot get the insurance clearance. It is not right to take advantage and throw away the opportunity that you currently have.

Also asking if you have to diet. This is obvious and should be common sense. No doctor would approve you if they knew you didn't plan to diet and live a healthy lifestyle after surgery. You will be right back in your weight situation if you do not change your lifestyle now. Please seek professional guidance and help for your questions before your put yourself at risk.

No changes to your lifestyle, no body changes for you. That's a waste of money if you ask me!!

Edited by mitchjoann132010

11 hours ago, ElysiaDee said:

April 5th. I just got the date yesterday.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep us posted on how it goes please!

Hi there! I’m new here, but I just got my surgery date 4/23. I’m very excited to start this journey!

Surgery buddy! I'm having gastric bypass the same day!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok, so here's the thing. You have posted about this before in many forums and have been given advice on how this is unhealthy after surgery. You post a lot in other forums all asking about ice cream. In reality, in order for this surgery to work you are going to have to change your lifestyle including exercise and eating habits that have caused you to be where you are today.
Where are you in your journey? Are you just beginning, have you met with a few doctors and completed an initial evaluation, or are you close to surgery. Most of us have followed diets, exercise programs, and prescription medications for weight loss and this is our last option.
Maybe you should try changing your eating habits before committing to such a surgery. The reason for this is because this surgery is just a tool. If you do not follow your doctor's advice on eating you can put your life in danger. At this rate it seems like milkshakes might lead to other unhealthy eating habits. If you break your post op diet you could tear stitches causing your stomach acid to leak into your body resulting in emergency surgery and possibly death.
Is fast food really worth this?
Like I said, many of us have been through many courses, regimens, clearances, labs, nutritional and exercise programs. This is not something we would be doing if we could do it on our own. If you have already been through some of the education in correspondence to this surgery then it is foolish for you to be contemplating taking these risks post op.
There are so many people out there that would give anything to have this surgery but either cannot afford it or cannot get the insurance clearance. It is not right to take advantage and throw away the opportunity that you currently have.
You will be right back in your weight situation if you do not change your lifestyle now. That's a waste of money if you ask me!!

You are right this is a very serious process and the effort that we are putting ourselves through to go through it is the real deal! We have to give support to each other and in some situations tough love. Just because the sacrifices are nothing to play with and the amount of money, time and emotional energy itself is a lot. There are some forums specifically for those who are seeking information or the interest alone in the surgery and that may be a better place to find the answers to the questions being ask. Not to say we won’t help but this one is more so for those who are already in the program and are having surgery around the same time (April/May) so we can share our journey and support each other. However, with all that being said I recommend her and anyone seeking information to contact your local Bariatric Center and go to a seminar these are no cost to you. They are set up to help you understand the basics. Good luck to everyone and I hope this is something we don’t have to continue to address. Let’s continue to support and keep it positive :)

I agree 100%. Not trying to sound mean but I just want to make sure nobody is going to hurt themselves after surgery. We all want what is best for each other. The seminar's are great!! And I highly recommend reaching out. There are so many forums and even websites that will go over the diet for the surgery. Your doctor's are your friends with this surgery and I highly recommend following their advice. We're on a journey to change our lifestyles together.

We're here for you let us know if you have any other questions!!

*raises hand* My surgery date is April 30th. I've been thinking about WLS for about a decade, and finally made the decision to take charge of my health. I'm excited and a bit anxious...but confident that I made the right choice.

6 hours ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

I agree 100%. Not trying to sound mean but I just want to make sure nobody is going to hurt themselves after surgery. We all want what is best for each other. The seminar's are great!! And I highly recommend reaching out. There are so many forums and even websites that will go over the diet for the surgery. Your doctor's are your friends with this surgery and I highly recommend following their advice. We're on a journey to change our lifestyles together.

I totally agree. I have about 30 days until my final weight in and submit for approval to get a solid surgery date (im slated for an April date) but Im not going to go into old habits again. Some things I've ready on the forum board blows my mind. I don't want to judge, but. If your doctor says dont do certain thing until x amount of days later, dont do it! Theres a reason why they're saying now to do certain things. This surgery is only a tool. I have a friend that had surgery and gained it back after a couple of years and he points it back to not following directions and taking advantage of it.

21 hours ago, BeckyVSG2b said:

Yayyyy very exciting!!! Keep us updated on your progress!!

Im sooooo happy for you!!!! Yay!!

2 hours ago, DarlingNikki said:

*raises hand* My surgery date is April 30th. I've been thinking about WLS for about a decade, and finally made the decision to take charge of my health. I'm excited and a bit anxious...but confident that I made the right choice.

Woooo hoo! You did make the right choice. Your going to not just live life but truly live life and enjoy things that obesity hindered you from. Congratulations!!

52 minutes ago, barbieater said:

I'm starting on the liquid diet tomorrow My op date is April 3rd. I'm so excited!

Getting sleeved on April 3rd
Height: 170cm
SW: 116 kg
CW: 111 kg
GW: 75 kg

Congratulations!!! Quick question. Is insurance requiring the 30 days liquid diet for you? Its usually 2 weeks here...30 days is long time