Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

On 3/3/2018 at 1:48 PM, Sprinkles1 said:

Surgery buddy! I'm having gastric bypass the same day!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi I'm new here, my surgery date is April 24 :)

Hi! I live in Tampa, FL but I will be getting my surgery in Cali, Colombia on April 24. So many awesome tips on this forum :)

Hi! I live in Tampa, FL but I will be getting my surgery in Cali, Colombia on April 24. So many awesome tips on this forum

Congratulations and welcome!! Keep us posted on your journey we love to see how everyone is doing! It’s so amazing to have people from all over the world with the same passion and journey. I’m in Jacksonville, Fl for those who don’t know and my surgery will be at Memorial Hospital. I opened up the April/May forum because my surgery date is expected end of April or early May. I can’t wait to get on here and let everyone know my true date soon as I found out. I’m vlogging my journey on YouTube for anyone interested (just copy and paste url in browser) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoDS8UYKi9Wu1__0j9qJ8rA Welcome Welcome Welcome we are all so amazingly fabulous for our decisions to change our life!

I'm tentative for May in Dallas. I went through another program for VSG 4 years ago, lost 80 pounds but then chickened out 3 days before the surgery. Regained all that plus some, then to date, lost about 36 of it again. Just started with the doc 3 weeks ago. It's harder staying on track this time, though I am slowly losing. I think the difference is the dietician here is much more vague on the eating so I've been trying to do my best. She said I was eating over 3000 calories to maintain my 370 weight, and to cut it down to 2000 with a goal of 1700. Well I cut it to 1700 from the beginning, keeping track with my food diary and only went over to 2000 once in 3 weeks. I've only lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks though. What scared me more than surgery this time, was not being able to walk. I have severe arthritis in both knees and had several falls and periods of decreased mobility last autumn. That's too much and only 55. So waiting for May.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/3/2018 at 1:09 PM, apositivelife4me said:

i understand thank you

If you have access to Netflix, they have a show called The Ward. It follows people through their Weight loss surgery. I took all of the nutrition classes, but this show really showed me why I need to still read labels and watch out for carbs, sugar and calories. I binge watched the whole thing.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:34 AM, kreed22 said:

Newbie here...live in PA and my surgery date is 4/2! I’ll be drinking Clear Liquids for my Easter dinner

My surgery is on 4/8. I will be having the same liquid Easter dinner as you.

12 minutes ago, domi said:

If you have access to Netflix, they have a show called The Ward. It follows people through their Weight loss surgery. I took all of the nutrition classes, but this show really showed me why I need to still read labels and watch out for carbs, sugar and calories. I binge watched the whole thing.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. It might be called the Big Ward. It’s in New Zealand and all regular people trying to qualify for surgery. I also binge watched the whole thing lol

I know exactly what you’re talking about. It might be called the Big Ward. It’s in New Zealand and all regular people trying to qualify for surgery. I also binge watched the whole thing lol

It was really good!! Wish there was more episodes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery that has been planned for 2 months now has now been put off a week because my surgeon decided to take a day off..so its now April 25th!!!!

I finally got confirmation today that my surgeon’s office will send everything to insurance after my last 6month diet appointment April 5. It is crazy to think I could be scheduling my surgery 3 weeks from now

On 2/17/2018 at 1:47 PM, mitchjoann132010 said:

What are you guys looking forward to most after surgery? Let's keep the inspiration up. For instance...

Crossing my legs again.

Painting toes without any hassle.

food not being on my mind constantly.

My contour on my makeup being emphasized more.

Snapchat filter not slimming my face but instead it's done naturally.

Wearing shorts again.

Not being looked at weird because I'm a chubby girl wanting a salad.

Not hiding my body under layers of clothing.

Not having only my face complimented.

Not being embarrassed to run on the treadmill because my weight makes me feel like I'll break it.

Not being looked at weird in the gym.

Saving money on groceries.

Bending over to tie my shoes without being breathless.

Not having my heart pound out of my chest when I am walking fast.

How about you guys? Anything you're looking forward to? No matter how silly!

I agree with so many of the things you listed...

Painting toes without hassle.

Not always being the fattest/biggest one in photos and trying to hide behind people (hard to do since I'm only 5'1")! And not being the fat sister.

Having a slim face and body - not needing filters or photo editing to make me look better before letting people see photos of me.

Not needing to buy XXL shirts/dresses or plus size bottoms, or having fat feet. Can't wait to wear cute clothes and shoes again!!

Might be TMI, but not feeling like I'm going to pull a back muscle or break my arm trying to take care of business in the bathroom. Strange thing to realize over time that this would be difficult, but I guess it makes sense that the backside gets bigger just as the rest of me has.

Not being in chronic pain or feeling exhausted just walking or trying to do anything physical. Keeping up with my active kids and not just watching from the sidelines.

Not wanting to eat so often or so much.

Thanks for starting this thread! Love the encouragement and support for each other on our journeys. Let's keep it going! I'm hoping to get approved in April and sleeved in late May. And, to respond to another post, I'm in Colorado. :)

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

I have the same requirements to follow as you. I see the surgeon on Thursday and I hope he schedules me soon, I am trying to maintain my weight loss so far and it is getting harder.

Hi everyone, I live in Atlanta and surgery is scheduled for May 10th. Just got approved today! I’m looking forward to getting back to the person that I was 10 years ago which is active and playing sports.

HW: 321
CW: 278
GW: 180
Sleeve scheduled: 5/10/18