Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

I can 100% relate to the Snapchat filter one!

Mine are

being able to keep up with my 4 & 7 y/o

Running up a flight of stairs without being totally winded

My husband being able to hug me without a struggle

Not be super hot and sweaty during the summer due to my fat rolls

My boobs getting smaller (I was DD in the 6th grade, now a size G)

I’m looking forward to:

Being in more pics instead of hiding behind the camera.

Not doing some freakish yoga move to take care of bathroom needs....I know...TMI

not constantly pulling on my shirts and adjusting my bras because the fit is never right.

Buying clothes in regular misses sizes instead of plus (or just giving up and buying men’s shirts since they run bigger)

Not having to cram into a airplane seat or ask for a seatbelt extension.

Sliding into a new pair of jeans and feeling like I’m rocking em!

Buying pretty lingerie and driving my husband wild - WIN, WIN!

Having more energy to exercise.

Hi buddies, I'm really a future RnY but unless you shoot me, I'm going hang with all of you too. Maybe I will end up with different Reno to my guts but I too am fighting in the Weight Loss Wars, it's like I'm Navy, you guys are Army, we are still allies. Will I have😷 surgery soon? Gosh I don't know but I sure hope so! Maybe May? Universe, are you,listening😲?

Got my date for May 1st. I’m super nervous and freaking out mostly because I’ve never had surgery before and I watched some post op YouTube vlogs last night and their pain is freaking me out! I like to think that I have a higher pain tolerance but again I’ve never had surgery so maybe it’s a different kind of pain idk...So now that the date is nearing I’m thinking is it for me? Can I do it on my own since I’ve lost 30lbs these last couple months? Anyone else having these thoughts?

Got my date for May 1st. I’m super nervous and freaking out mostly because I’ve never had surgery before and I watched some post op YouTube vlogs last night and their pain is freaking me out! I like to think that I have a higher pain tolerance but again I’ve never had surgery so maybe it’s a different kind of pain idk...So now that the date is nearing I’m thinking is it for me? Can I do it on my own since I’ve lost 30lbs these last couple months? Anyone else having these thoughts?

We have all had those thoughts I think. I know I did. The realization for me was that it wasn’t the issue of losing weight, but the issue of keeping it off. I need the long term, lifelong help to maintain. I’m tired of losing the same weight over and over.
I’m now 9 days post op and I won’t lie, the first week at home was a little rough but if you keep a good support system around you, it’s completely doable.

Do yourself a favor and don’t watch any more YouTube videos. Those journeys are not yours.

The only pain I’ve had was the gas pain. Walking and gasX helped take care of that.

Of course in the end it’s your choice so if you feel you can do this by diet and exercise alone, then rock that decision. But please don’t let fear determine your future.

I am three days post op VSG. I look forward to this incredible journey with ya’ll.

Edited by SleevingForMe

We have all had those thoughts I think. I know I did. The realization for me was that it wasn’t the issue of losing weight, but the issue of keeping it off. I need the long term, lifelong help to maintain. I’m tired of losing the same weight over and over.
I’m now 9 days post op and I won’t lie, the first week at home was a little rough but if you keep a good support system around you, it’s completely doable.

Do yourself a favor and don’t watch any more YouTube videos. Those journeys are not yours.

The only pain I’ve had was the gas pain. Walking and gasX helped take care of that.

Of course in the end it’s your choice so if you feel you can do this by diet and exercise alone, then rock that decision. But please don’t let fear determine your future.

Thanks!! I decided to continue on my journey. I talked with my dr. about my concerns and he calmed me down a lot. Congrats on your surgery and keep us updated!

Thanks!! I decided to continue on my journey. I talked with my dr. about my concerns and he calmed me down a lot. Congrats on your surgery and keep us updated!

Will do. Just sip sip sip and keep chugging on

Will do. Just sip sip sip and keep chugging on [emoji4]

Sorry my reply button keep going. Ugh.

April 16th!! 4 days post

Hello there!
Its exciting to read everyone’s experiences! I was sleeved on 17/4/2018 and its officially my 5th day post-op! I’m trying my best to drink Water the best I could do was to drink 330 ml. I’m good with juices and broth, but I’m really struggling with water. I don’t know what to do!
Good luck to you all!!

Nine more days.... I just finished up all of my FMLA paperwork. I've lost 9 lbs. since my highest recorded weight.

This whole process has been an experience. Apparently, my decision has gained some momentum amongst my circle of friends.

I told one of my family of heart/ "adopted" family/ close friends about my decision to have VSG surgery in MX. (My surgeon performed the surgery in a mutual acquaintance of ours, with great results) After a few days, she announced out of the blue that she wanted to go with me and have VSG! Of course, the more, the merrier. Then, just last week, her sister decided to join us! So now, the three of us are headed to Tijuana, to have our surgeries on April 29th.

It's like a girl's trip...except nobody gets to eat all of that yummy Mexican food, or drink tequila.

1 hour ago, bhsq8 said:

Hello there!
Its exciting to read everyone’s experiences! I was sleeved on 17/4/2018 and its officially my 5th day post-op! I’m trying my best to drink Water the best I could do was to drink 330 ml. I’m good with juices and broth, but I’m really struggling with Water. I don’t know what to do!
Good luck to you all!!

quite a few people have trouble with plain water soon after their surgery. Can you try adding a little lemon, or a small amount of something tasty like gatorade or a flavored Protein water to give it some taste?

Nine more days.... I just finished up all of my FMLA paperwork. I've lost 9 lbs. since my highest recorded weight.

This whole process has been an experience. Apparently, my decision has gained some momentum amongst my circle of friends.

I told one of my family of heart/ "adopted" family/ close friends about my decision to have VSG surgery in MX. (My surgeon performed the surgery in a mutual acquaintance of ours, with great results) After a few days, she announced out of the blue that she wanted to go with me and have VSG! Of course, the more, the merrier. Then, just last week, her sister decided to join us! So now, the three of us are headed to Tijuana, to have our surgeries on April 29th. [emoji1]

It's like a girl's trip...except nobody gets to eat all of that yummy Mexican food, or drink tequila.

Where are you going to get your surgeries? I’m headed there myself for surgery on May 14th at OCC. and good luck to all of you. That’s awesome that you have such supportive people in your life and that you have each other to go through it at the same time.