Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

quite a few people have trouble with plain Water soon after their surgery. Can you try adding a little lemon, or a small amount of something tasty like gatorade or a flavored Protein water to give it some taste?

Honestly, i ended up diluting juice with water and I did considerably well! I’ll try adding lemon. Thank you!!

I finally got approved as of today. My date is 5/31 (but thats a dummy date), im going to move it up as much as possible! I will let you know what date I officially get. Im so happy. This is what I've been waiting for! FYI, I had to bug and call insurance every day since my paperwork was submitted.

EEEEK! So excited!!

My date is 5/11!!!!

My date is 5/11!!!!

My surgery date is May 11th as well!! We submitted for insurance and waiting on approval!! I pray my date sticks!!! I’m super stoked for you

On 4/25/2018 at 11:20 AM, BeckyVSG2b said:

My surgery date is May 11th as well!! We submitted for insurance and waiting on approval!! I pray my date sticks!!! I’m super stoked for you

Girl your gonna get it! Youve been good to the T. Call insurance every day to push for a response. Thank you for being with me on this journey. We've both been posting on this thread for months and now we made it! Your gonna get 5/11 date. Just keep pushing insurance like no other. =)

My pre-op is Monday the 30th and Surgery is May 3rd! I've been doing this process since 2015 but I got pregnant with my miracle baby and had to restart everything over. I'm super excited.

I was sleeved on 4/24/18 and discharged on 4/25/18. So far I’ve experienced a few gas pains but nothing terrible.

I got my surgery, sleeved on 4/25/18. Also had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time. My Dr, said I came thru everything w/flying colors. The surgery itself took two and a half hours, I was then in recovery for about an hour, then taken on up to my room from there. I had terrible pain the first day, but learned that most of it was gas. They gave me Percocet for the pain, and I was nauseous so they gave me Zofran. I did not wake up with a drain tube or any pain pumps hooked up to my stomach. I didn’t have a catheter either thank goodness. Just my IV that they had put in my left hand before surgery started. I hadn’t been in my room(which was a beautiful large private room, with a nice view of the park below)) for even five minutes, when the nurses came in and started introducing themselves, and told me it’s time to get up out of the bed, go to the restroom, pee in a little plastic urine catcher that was in the toilet,(it looked like a little plastic white hat/ with numbers on it) so they could measure my output of urine, and then when I got thru in the restroom, it was time to take a walk! I was slower than molasses on the walking, I was so very sore and still not at myself. My husband walked with me and I pushed my IV cart around and we walked about 30 steps before I gave out. We went back into my room, and there was a nurse there to take my vitals, and afterwards she helped me to set up in a chair. I really wanted to just get to lay back down again, but realized soon enough that my nurse was right, sitting up, along w/ the walking would help relieve some of the gas pains. I know, this is probably TMI, but the more you can fart or burp, the better you’ll feel after surgery. Relieve yourself of as much of that gas that u possibly can. I sat in the chair for almost 2 hours and then they let me get back in the bed and gave me a heated blanket because I was freezing cold! Then... came the food tray... Oh geesh I thought! What the heck is this, and all these little miniature cups too?!The cups had a mark on them that said 30mL. They told me to pour my food into these little plastic cups, and to start sipping very slowly. The food was all liquids, broth, Jello, tea, watered down apple juice, bottled Water. and Decaf black coffee. All of the warm liquids I tried made me horribly sick, but the cold ones I could tolerate. They wanted me to finish off 1 little cup every 15 minutes during every hour of being awake. And let me tell you, I couldn’t. I tried so hard to, but you feel as full as a tick and don’t even wanna look at any kind of food, at least I didn’t anyways. It took a lot of doing, but I managed to get down 8 if those little cup fulls of liquids, before bedtime, which I fell asleep about midnight, and seriously thought my stomach was going to explode.
Fast forward to morning::
All of my nurses really have been super kind during the entire stay. I didn’t get too much sleep that night, and my husband didn’t either because of all the hospital sounds, machines beeping etc. So hubby got me up and started walking me up n down the halls. I felt like quitting but he was cheering me on the whole way. ️ on our walks, we visited the nurses station, and they gave me a popsicle and a cup of ice. Wow what a treat! I couldnt wait to get back to my room to try them. Back inside my room, there is a nurse waiting there for me to give me a shot into my stomach to help prevent blood clots. It stung pretty bad, but didn’t hurt as much as the gas pains. I continued to walk with my hubby periodically, and get my liquids down me. The ice chips were wonderful, and the popsicle was good too, but it was hard to take bites off of it, so my husband got it off the stick, and crushed it up for me in a little cup and I ate it slowly with a spoon. Heavens! ️ That was wonderful! Oh, and while you get to lay down in your bed, you most likely will have these little grayish blue velcro wrap around things on your legs that gently squeeze them every so often to further prevent blood clots too. These felt really good and relaxing to me. Fast forward even more, I am now home. I got to come home about 2:00 pm, one day after my surgery. I am still having a lot of gas pains, but am taking gas x to help with that. I’m still up walking at least every 2-3 hours, for about 5 minutes at a time now —snail pace but active. My dr. sent me home with zofran, to take one dissolving pill twice a day, and also sent me home with a script for Percocet with 0 refills on either med. I go back to see him in 2 weeks for a checkup and weigh in. I’m gonna get off of here for awhile and try to rest for a bit. I hope this has helped anyone who hasn’t had their surgery yet, I know it’s a really long post. I will update later on today.

Thanks for the details!!! I find that I'm slightly obsessing over others' experiences the closer I get to my date and this was perfect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I really groove on others experiences and story. Even the badish ones. Feel like with my future surgery I can say " oh. Ms Z
had that too, she made it through okay. Guess i will too" 😜 Still keeping a smile on my own face, but it does get wearisome waiting until more things move into place. Still I do see some motion.😜

On 4/28/2018 at 4:13 AM, Blackhair Beauty 1982 said:

I got my surgery, sleeved on 4/25/18. Also had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time. My Dr, said I came thru everything w/flying colors. The surgery itself took two and a half hours, I was then in recovery for about an hour, then taken on up to my room from there. I had terrible pain the first day, but learned that most of it was gas. They gave me Percocet for the pain, and I was nauseous so they gave me Zofran. I did not wake up with a drain tube or any pain pumps hooked up to my stomach. I didn’t have a catheter either thank goodness. Just my IV that they had put in my left hand before surgery started. I hadn’t been in my room(which was a beautiful large private room, with a nice view of the park below)) for even five minutes, when the nurses came in and started introducing themselves, and told me it’s time to get up out of the bed, go to the restroom, pee in a little plastic urine catcher that was in the toilet,(it looked like a little plastic white hat/ with numbers on it) so they could measure my output of urine, and then when I got thru in the restroom, it was time to take a walk! I was slower than molasses on the walking, I was so very sore and still not at myself. My husband walked with me and I pushed my IV cart around and we walked about 30 steps before I gave out. We went back into my room, and there was a nurse there to take my vitals, and afterwards she helped me to set up in a chair. I really wanted to just get to lay back down again, but realized soon enough that my nurse was right, sitting up, along w/ the walking would help relieve some of the gas pains. I know, this is probably TMI, but the more you can fart or burp, the better you’ll feel after surgery. Relieve yourself of as much of that gas that u possibly can. I sat in the chair for almost 2 hours and then they let me get back in the bed and gave me a heated blanket because I was freezing cold! Then... came the food tray... Oh geesh I thought! What the heck is this, and all these little miniature cups too?!The cups had a mark on them that said 30mL. They told me to pour my food into these little plastic cups, and to start sipping very slowly. The food was all liquids, broth, Jello, tea, watered down apple juice, bottled Water. and Decaf black coffee. All of the warm liquids I tried made me horribly sick, but the cold ones I could tolerate. They wanted me to finish off 1 little cup every 15 minutes during every hour of being awake. And let me tell you, I couldn’t. I tried so hard to, but you feel as full as a tick and don’t even wanna look at any kind of food, at least I didn’t anyways. It took a lot of doing, but I managed to get down 8 if those little cup fulls of liquids, before bedtime, which I fell asleep about midnight, and seriously thought my stomach was going to explode.
Fast forward to morning::
All of my nurses really have been super kind during the entire stay. I didn’t get too much sleep that night, and my husband didn’t either because of all the hospital sounds, machines beeping etc. So hubby got me up and started walking me up n down the halls. I felt like quitting but he was cheering me on the whole way. ️ on our walks, we visited the nurses station, and they gave me a popsicle and a cup of ice. Wow what a treat! I couldnt wait to get back to my room to try them. Back inside my room, there is a nurse waiting there for me to give me a shot into my stomach to help prevent blood clots. It stung pretty bad, but didn’t hurt as much as the gas pains. I continued to walk with my hubby periodically, and get my liquids down me. The ice chips were wonderful, and the popsicle was good too, but it was hard to take bites off of it, so my husband got it off the stick, and crushed it up for me in a little cup and I ate it slowly with a spoon. Heavens! ️ That was wonderful! Oh, and while you get to lay down in your bed, you most likely will have these little grayish blue velcro wrap around things on your legs that gently squeeze them every so often to further prevent blood clots too. These felt really good and relaxing to me. Fast forward even more, I am now home. I got to come home about 2:00 pm, one day after my surgery. I am still having a lot of gas pains, but am taking gas x to help with that. I’m still up walking at least every 2-3 hours, for about 5 minutes at a time now —snail pace but active. My dr. sent me home with zofran, to take one dissolving pill twice a day, and also sent me home with a script for Percocet with 0 refills on either med. I go back to see him in 2 weeks for a checkup and weigh in. I’m gonna get off of here for awhile and try to rest for a bit. I hope this has helped anyone who hasn’t had their surgery yet, I know it’s a really long post. I will update later on today.

Thanks for telling us about your experience and including so many details. Though some folks might think it's too long, I really appreciated reading it. My ppwk is going to be submitted by my surgeon's office this week and we're hoping to hear back around 2 weeks. If all goes well, I'm hoping to get sleeved at the end of May. Hope you're continuing to recover well! :) Would love to hear how you're doing!

Good luck Nebby89 on your surgery May3rd. Please update us when it's all over. Stay peaceful tonite, have a smooth safe surgery tomorrow and heal into,a good healthy state.
Hugs and put a happy smile on your face😝

And TAOZ. you have it made in Adelaide, Yeah I am a little rhyming elf at times. Relax, recovery, get to feeling better. Remember Every day in Every Way you are going to get better and better . Now get healthy so you can go home, you don't want them to run out of frozen casseroles before your return. And if he feeds them vindaloo and I don't get any I am going to be soo sad😢