Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April/May 2018 Sleevers!!?

Hi! I had my surgery 4/4, so I am a little over a week out, and feeling great! I weighed myself once a few days ago (no working scale at my house), and I think I'd lost 7 or 8 lbs by then.

1 hour ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

Brownk10 I do not have to do any injections luckily.

You're lucky! I have my last one tonight. Can't wait to be done with them!

Things are starting to move right along and April's about half over⛅☔

Hello everyone, I live in San Antonio Texas. My husband and I are diving in this together. We had our consult on April 6. We were told that we had the “Cadillac of insurance plans” and the only requirements were a nutrition consult and a psych evaluation. No waiting period. I was expecting a lot of requirements and waiting. But since that isn’t the case, I’m a little scared. It’s moving very quickly. One minute I’m thinking of backing out, the next I wanna be on the operating table already. I’ve had a lap band that failed and had to be removed so I’m a little scared of going through similar problems again (It was a nightmare). I’m hoping for insurance approval in the next week or 2.

Hi.

So did you get your insurance approval ?

I’m in Houston, getting sleeved on Wed.

That’s nice you both are having it done together, it will be much easier to both be on the same page.

I was nervous and wondered if I was doing the right thing, but as of Sunday I’m very sure and clear that this is a good move for me.

Not worried about recovery nor pain, my biggest worry was loosing hair, but after reading some articles I know what to do to avoid that and I’m

Ready now.

I

So forward to victory and update us as soon as you can 😛

Positive update for you guys: as of yesterday, I'm down 15 lbs! Sleeved on 4/4!

Not worried about recovery nor pain, my biggest worry was loosing hair, but after reading some articles I know what to do to avoid that and I’m
Ready now.
I

What is your plan to avoid Hair loss?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations JitterbugPerfume on that good weight loss, you just may fade away before our very eyes. I Hade faith you would do it!😛👍

10 hours ago, Nannett1966 said:

Hi.

That’s nice you both are having it done together, it will be much easier to both be on the same page.

I was nervous and wondered if I was doing the right thing, but as of Sunday I’m very sure and clear that this is a good move for me.

Ready now.

I

Hi there!

We have our psych evals on April 19th. They will submit to insurance after that is done. I keep reading up and doing my research and my husband says I’m silly. I just want to be sure I’m doing the right thing. I’m also afraid of Hair loss since my hair is already thin. So your big day is tomorrow? :D I’d love to be in your shoes right now. Please keep me posted. We’re Texas buddies. Good luck tomorrow!!

10 hours ago, Nannett1966 said:

Hi.

Ready now.

I

Hi! that's probably one of my main concerns also, what articles have you read and what is your game plan lol My date in 4/24 (1 week!!)

Hi there!
We have our psych evals on April 19th. They will submit to insurance after that is done. I keep reading up and doing my research and my husband says I’m silly. I just want to be sure I’m doing the right thing. I’m also afraid of Hair loss since my hair is already thin. So your big day is tomorrow? [emoji3] I’d love to be in your shoes right now. Please keep me posted. We’re Texas buddies. Good luck tomorrow!!

Thank you Tx neighbor!

I’m excited.
I didn’t have to do any diet just my liquid today.
But I actually started since yesterday but not hungry at all just drinking Water.

I love to cook so I’m ready, I already have items in my freezer ready for my liquid diet and purée.

The most important thing that will help with the hair loss , make sure to have your Protein and veggies every day.

Hope this help.
http://drnichter.com/hair-loss-after-surgery-explained/

I’ll let you know tomorrow or Thursday how it goes.
Have a Great rest of your day and God Bless.

I have Aetna and my IPA group is Health Care Partners. I did my 90 day regimen per Aetna requirement and doctor submitted paperwork last Thursday. Ive been calling HCP for status everyday. As of today It is still "pending". This is driving me nuts...On Monday the rep said to call back on Tuesday because it only takes 3-4 days for approval. Today I called and told it will take 7-10 days. These guys are really pulling a number.

Anyone else had a long time before their insurance provider group gave them an answer?

Heya, guys.... My surgery date is supposed to be sometime in May.... I haven't gotten a date yet but I will be done with my process the end of March... Then after my insurance approval I will have a definite date and time.. where is everyone located?

Sent from my A466BG using BariatricPal mobile app

I completed my preop requirements the end of March also! Scheduled for May 31, did you get a date yet? I’m located in Connecticut

What are you guys looking forward to most after surgery? Let's keep the inspiration up. For instance...
Crossing my legs again.
Painting toes without any hassle.
food not being on my mind constantly.
My contour on my makeup being emphasized more.
Snapchat filter not slimming my face but instead it's done naturally.
Wearing shorts again.
Not being looked at weird because I'm a chubby girl wanting a salad.< br> Not hiding my body under layers of clothing.
Not having only my face complimented.
Not being embarrassed to run on the treadmill because my weight makes me feel like I'll break it.
Not being looked at weird in the gym.
Saving money on groceries.
Bending over to tie my shoes without being breathless.
Not having my heart pound out of my chest when I am walking fast.

How about you guys? Anything you're looking forward to? No matter how silly!

I can 100% relate to the Snapchat filter one!

Mine are

being able to keep up with my 4 & 7 y/o

Running up a flight of stairs without being totally winded

My husband being able to hug me without a struggle

Not be super hot and sweaty during the summer due to my fat rolls

My boobs getting smaller (I was DD in the 6th grade, now a size G)